Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #57
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
In Ca, lots of cars have illegal tint. Depends on the enforcement policy of the jurisdiction you are traveling through if you get stopped or not. If you live in the hot, desert areas of Ca, cops probably look the other way.
If cops think you have tint because you want to look cool, you will probably get a performance award.
Many folks are using tint to hide the fact they are on the phone or texting from cops. If a cop thinks you are texting behind your tint, you will get two violations, tint and texting.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #58
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Exact reason I seldom post here. Like the info hate the BS

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #59
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
I got pulled over because of the tint the day after i bought the car. Had to do some fighting, but got a judges approval that it is legal.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #60
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
To the OP, A lot of the guys on this forum think their beloved cars are above the law and run without plates and almost go to the limit of painting their windows black.

My advise is go with a tint that the LEO can identify whos in the ****pit and youll be OK.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #61
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had 35% tint on my 1994 Camaro for only one month before getting pulled over. On the 2012, my 35% tint on the side windows has lasted about 5 months so far *knock on wood*

Frankly, the tint laws in Michigan are completely ridiculous. Zero tint allowed on the front windows aside from the top 6". I understand not allowing limo tint to some extent, but 35% is still very easy to see through. Better yet - Make it the law that your window must be rolled down before the police officer approaches your vehicle - then the safety issue for police officers is solved. Honestly, if the county sheriff is allowed to have limo tinted windows on his personal vehicle, I don't understand why I can't.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #62
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Lets knock off the arguments and off topic posting...

None of us need a dissertation on the reasons for which you can be pulled over, and the silly pics intended to degrade other members are kind of childish for implied members law enforcement at whatever level...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #63
Dooley
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGreene View Post
To the OP, A lot of the guys on this forum think their beloved cars are above the law and run without plates and almost go to the limit of painting their windows black.

My advise is go with a tint that the LEO can identify whos in the ****pit and youll be OK.
Why did you put asterisks in the word ****pit?
Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #64
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
Why did you put asterisks in the word ****pit?
I didnt put them in. Edited by a Mod that doesnt know the term for the operators compartment Usually a term for a plane pilots location I'm sure I'll get a warning for naughty language !!!!!!!!

I Give Up
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #65
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Some forums auto edit naughty words.

Test:

****pit

Yep.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #66
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2010 View Post
Ohio cop here. Law is 50%. be careful in buying window tint when they tell you the tint is 50 percent find out if the film is 50 percent or if it is 50 percent once it is applied to your window which already comes slightly tinted from the factory. Also the price of a ticket depends on which court jurisdiction you are cited in. In Ohio can be as little as $100 or as much as $300

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for clarifying that. Do you look for cars with excessive tint, or do you simply notice it if the owner of the car is doing something they shouldn't be doing like speeding, etc?

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #67
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Serioulsy? You don't learn real quick, do you? Maybe you need to move out of Ohio... or start following the rules.
I have my front plate on and I will likely just get the legal tint. Maybe a little less than legal.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #68
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. Do you look for cars with excessive tint, or do you simply notice it if the owner of the car is doing something they shouldn't be doing like speeding, etc?

Russ
I dont look for window tints to be honest with you. Or front plates, or license plate lights, or anything else petty like that. I look for speeding and following too close violations mostly when doing the traffic detail.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #69
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Better yet - Make it the law that your window must be rolled down before the police officer approaches your vehicle - then the safety issue for police officers is solved.
^This.

And I have 5% on my truck and in the country area in Jersey they don't seem to care at all. On the flip side, I have no urge to tint my Camaro. Kinda liking having no tint for a change, heh. Actually the Camaro seems like it has some small amount of tint from the factory.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #70
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4hey View Post
I'm curious about when an out of state vehicle is pulled over. My tint is 30% which is legal limit here in SC (each window even has a sticker in the tint quoting the state bill #), but would be too dark in OH. Would I be fined in OH, or would common sense prevail since I would only be passing through?
You have to abide by whichever state you are currently operating your motor vehicle in...

I don't think common sense is the proper verbiage... but courtesy absolutely lol
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote