Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #57
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Drives: 2022 Ram 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop11 View Post
man, I really feel bad for you, I know how I would feel if I were in your shoes, that GM enginner is a A-- Hole. Too bad he couldn't of gone trough the car wash with you. then to could of stuck is F----- head in the water.
Don't give up the fight keep after them, call daily don't except anything less than a new car. GM needs to stand by there product.
GOOD LUCK
ye I really wish he would have gone with me.I really feel that he was just checking the box and going through the motions to show that GM is doing their part. it rained here last night, not hard or anything and I took my car out of the garage and it leaked. at this point I think my only option is arbitration through the better business bureau so I am gathering as much evidence to support my claim as possible. I may even take the car to an independent shop to see if they can recreate the leak.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Decepticon "Darksteel" - 9/28/12 - 6/29/22
InfidelSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #58
ragtop11

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Keep calling customer service and complaining, do you have a file number, tell CS what a dip sh-- they sent out to look at your problem.
You should not have a single drop of water getting into the inside of your vehicle no matter how hard it's raining. GM is full of BS.
keep pushing, don't let up, be a PIA to them.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #59
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

biggest issue with constantly calling is that my assigned rep who is the only person that can do anything for me is never there or avoiding my calls. I leave message after message and nothing, do I have resorted to call my rep two times and then call the regular customer service number and have them leave a message in my file for immediate call back. i've been doing this for two days and nothing. I even got a GM executive at one point and they started they were unable to help me.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #60
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Where is the GM Rep that is supposed to monitor this site???????? Seems like they would be all over this one??????????????????????: readthethread:
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #61
ragtop11

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
z28racer
you are absolutly correct, I believe the GM rep on this site is Brandon and there's also another one but can't remember the name.
I agree they should be all over this to help this guy out, no wonder GM keeps needing
tax payer assistance to stay in business, they have a piss poor customer relations IMP.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #62
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
Where is the GM Rep that is supposed to monitor this site???????? Seems like they would be all over this one??????????????????????
:padd le:
I've talked to then briefly about this, they are not able to help me since my case is being handled by legal

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #63
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I too have water in my both doorjams after washing the car. I don't get water from just rain, only washing. And, not an overwhelming amount of water, but enough to have to wipe off. I clean them everytime I was anyway, so even tho it's a bit annoying, it helps with the cleaning. My interior doesn't get wet at all.

I took my car into the dealership yesterday for an oil change and tire rotation. I dread the tire rotation because they already have scatched my black wheels around the lug nuts the first time they rotated them. I didn't notice the marks on them til some time after I got back and washed the car. Anyway, I brought it to the service advisors attention and he said he'd give it to the team "that's a little more careful." Great...but when I picked the car up, he said he looked and they had never removed my tires. Yes they did!! I was there...denial.
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #64
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post
I too have water in my both doorjams after washing the car. I don't get water from just rain, only washing. And, not an overwhelming amount of water, but enough to have to wipe off. I clean them everytime I was anyway, so even tho it's a bit annoying, it helps with the cleaning. My interior doesn't get wet at all.
Having water in the door jambs after washing it is normal. Every car I've ever owned had water there after a good washing.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #65
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonstuart View Post
Having water in the door jambs after washing it is normal. Every car I've ever owned had water there after a good washing.
Yes, This is true.

But to have water inside the car is not. no matter what the situation it is not normal. If you look at your car after washing you will see water drops all along the door jamb (The painted part of the car) but what you will NOT see is any water on the inside or in the door seal (the black rubber piece that keeps the water OUT)

I can put a hose on the drivers side of my car and no leak or issues what so ever and then do the same exact thing on the passenger side and it floods my car. NOT NORMAL

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #66
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Wow...painful to watch the leakage video...definitely not normal. I can understand your frustration...Hope things work out in your favor.
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #67
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
I've had 15 year old T-top cars that leaked less than that. Very unacceptable.

If I was closer I'd take my car down there with ya and show them what is normal, but probably wouldn't help your cause anyway. They are in denial.
1SSFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #68
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post

I took my car into the dealership yesterday for an oil change and tire rotation. I dread the tire rotation because they already have scatched my black wheels around the lug nuts the first time they rotated them. I didn't notice the marks on them til some time after I got back and washed the car. Anyway, I brought it to the service advisors attention and he said he'd give it to the team "that's a little more careful." Great...but when I picked the car up, he said he looked and they had never removed my tires. Yes they did!! I was there...denial.
You need to watch the op's video. He has a waterfall flowing out his door panel
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #69
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
You need to watch the op's video. He has a waterfall flowing out his door panel
^^Thank You!^^ Why people comment without reading the whole thread is beyond me!

That is a terrible leak no matter how you put it. Good luck man! I'd hate to be in your shoes. I think it's silly that GM cannot continue to try and help you even though you're only trying to do what's right(BBB) and get your car fixed correctly under it's warranty, that you paid for. Giving up on you is 1000 times worse in the consumers eyes, IMO.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #70
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

took my car out of the garage to see if it would leak with the rain we are having here.... sure enough it did. didnt even take a full 2 minutes and water was pouring in under my passenger door.

I cant wait to hear what GM has to say about it and what their next step is going to be.

2013 2LT/RS BRM