Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #57
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I take so much crap for having a v6. My reply usually consists of "What do you have?" That usually shuts them up...
Old 09-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #58
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
We have a couple EVO's here in FL that show up at the track and run 8-9sec in the 1/4 mile.....and these are street cars. They make $$$ on the streets of Miami.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #59
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
I had an 02 WRX (Turbo upgrade, all supporting goodies, full catless exhaust, piggy back computer tuning, etc).
That car beat every Z06 Vette and Dodge Viper it raced at our local 1/8 mile. The track announcer used to love it when this litte blue subaru smoked a ZO6 Vette.

But one day at BMP (1/4 mile track) a group of LS1 z28 guys (about 8 of them) were parked near me in the staging lanes. I could over hear them saying "those cars are slow." "Guys put mods on them, but they're still slow."

I ended up racing one of the guys making all the comments and beat him by several cars. After the race, all the LS1 Z28 were staring over at me/my car with this what the hell happened face. It was priceless. After that, all of them avoided lining up next to me. (Lesson taught).
What's funny is I also owned a stage 2 head/cam LS1 z28. But I loved racing my modded WRX.

The moral of the story is to respect all cars (4 cly, 6 cyl, etc). I think it would be cool to have a modded V6 Camaro and suprise a lot of people at the track.
I get that a LOT!!! Usually they nicer ones will come over and tell me how they were laughing at me when they seen me pull in... and then they tell me how their jaws dropped when I made a pass! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #60
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Guess you need to trade for a ZL1 then if you gotta have the fastest....
Planning on it when I sell the big bastard in my sig. 48k invested/wasted but it's paid for.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #61
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
And that truck is faster than my lil ole car

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I'm not power hungry so the V6 is fine with me. It's the most powerful car I have owned..... Well maybe my 65 Corvette was a little more powerful, but not by much.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #63
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
I will say before joining the team down here at RX, I barely saw any of the V6 LLT/LFX motors up north. Some that we did little stuff like suspension on, maybe some ARH LT's at best. Now that I am down here (Only for a week actually), and see the full potential of these V6 motors I am quite amazed!!! These "little" guys can push some serious HP, great drive-ability and awesome fuel economy.

So yes I am a V8 owner, but much respect to the V6 crowd!
And the 5th gen v8 will have a lot of the same tech. Just think how prepared we will be for it having been early adopters.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #64
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
I stated I wouldn't even waste my time with V6 Camaro earning 100k a year but I don't think most people would with that type of coin and I mean 100K single income no family. I said that and that's true but I hope you realize that I stated I would rather drive a Dodge Viper or BMW M6 those have V10 motors NOT V8's and since I am a far cry from obtaining that place in life I stated the V6 is the more logical car, now if the next gen Camaro comes out with V8 with the fuel efficiency of a V6 I think I would be on that.
Uhhh I did and still do. Don't care about owning an SS. To me the V6 is more interesting....
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #65
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Uhhh I did and still do. Don't care about owning an SS. To me the V6 is more interesting....
"Shoulda gotta V8".

Haha I am kidding! income varies for people and personal preference isn't always based on that. I really want a supercar someday but I am impressed by the V6 Camaro performance and have started buying mods for it. I don't think I will ever want to trade up to a V8, however I really want a sunroof, so I am thinking of trading up for a 6 with that. This is my daily driver not a weekend warrior so to me the 6 is just better in every aspect.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #66
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
No offense, but most of us who got the V8 aren't concerned with MPGs, higher insurance costs, or higher costs of the car. We either factored those things in, or simply don't care. And again, no offense...but it seems like most people who bought the V6 bought it for one of the aforementioned reasons. The V6 Camaro is a nice car. It is just as nice as the V8. Take the badges off and put 20s on the V6 and you'd be none the wiser.

But the truth is that those of us who bought the V8 did so for specific reasons. I would not have been happy in a V6. I've never been happy in V6 cars. Even when the V6 was the top model. I am a V8 RWD American muscle kinda guy. That's just my preference. But I'd never disrespect anyone or look down on anyone for getting the V6. Chevy did a great job with the new V6s.
Understandable. I can respect that.

I think the thing that gets most people is that these cars are so synonymous with american muscle/drag strip etc. that people can't really comprehend or accept someone saying they just use the car for their daily commute, Thus, the whole "go big or go home" response. I do think, to some extent, that this is justified by the overall history of this particular car, although still slightly unreasonable.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #67
BNB
Rollin' The Lunchbox

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ashen Grey
I've said it many of times, I don't need 426hp for my daily commuter...the LLT/LFX have enough balls when I pop the throttle occasionally to give me a great feeling...I can afford all the way to ZL1 if I want..hell I've had more mustangs and corvettes in recent past then you can shake a stick at..but I'm at the point of practicality now...would it be nice to have the SS? Sure! Do I need one for ever day driving? Nah...and if I go to the drag strip with my lil 6banger sure it's slower than some cars but faster than others...

Sent from the front seat of the Amberlamps!
BNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #68
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
"Shoulda gotta V8".

Haha I am kidding! income varies for people and personal preference isn't always based on that. I really want a supercar someday but I am impressed by the V6 Camaro performance and have started buying mods for it. I don't think I will ever want to trade up to a V8, however I really want a sunroof, so I am thinking of trading up for a 6 with that. This is my daily driver not a weekend warrior so to me the 6 is just better in every aspect.
Ha ha.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #69
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
My friend has borrowed my V6 and I borrowed his L99. He said to me I didnt expect the V6 to have all this power.

I told him (Im really disappointed with the V8).

My mods are below and he has a Borla Cat back plus K&N CAI.

I was thinking about a trade, but after trying it I changed my mind.

V6 is a great car
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #70
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Here we go again, I just got an infraction for my thoughts on this! Stop crying... love your v6 and I hope so you got it, not my cup of tea! My infraction states that no bashing on either model, but everytime I see one of these threads it sounds like bashing! Stop making them, love your ride and end of story.