Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #57
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
How many sore spots can I hit in one thread? Mine is a V8, Manual, Convertible, Daily Driver...I have another ride (2 actually, '65 Malibu and '14 Impala), but I prefer to drive my Camaro in the sun, rain, sleet, and if we ever get snow, the roads are closed anyway...nowhere to go! My Camaro sits out side in the elements...all the elements, but I keep it clean enough to put into and win or place in car shows most weekends of the year (got one Saturday). So, for the TROLLS that only scan these threads to beat people up for what they say…glad something makes you happy! I like how I drive my Camaro and I like how others garage their Camaro…I am one that intends to enjoy my spent money on a car I love. There are others that look at it differently…so what! Get over yourself and quit taking crap personally when someone does not see things your way! There is no need to bash the OP because he likes to drive his car! Drive or park your car when/where you want. Do you keep your money in a jar in the bottom of a closet or do you keep it in a no interest bank account? Does it matter; it is your money…no need to be a turd every time someone makes a thread. OK, soap box off…again. LOL
Old 01-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #58
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
I do feel bad for people that are limited by weather for being able to drive their car year round. I personally cannot afford to have a second car so I drive mine daily no matter what. Lucky for me, in central Texas the entire city shuts down if there is ice so I don't have to drive on it anyway. In the end, I figure they are making enough of these cars that unless you have a limited edition of some kind they are a terrible investment. I am not worried about what driving it will do to the long term value. The grin I get every time I walk out to the car is return on my investment enough.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #59
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
Well that is why I dd my SS and garage my ZL1...... Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #60
StoutSnout

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2016 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
No worries

I jump in my 6.2L powered silverado. Almost as much fun to drive

Ryan
Agreed. If I dd my Camaro, the SRT8 Cherokee gets no love.
StoutSnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #61
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Silver 2SS View Post
Well that is why I dd my SS and garage my ZL1...... Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the way you think.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #62
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I had a 1LE 1 of 1 firehawk that I drove daily. I could have stuck it in the garage and only used it on nice days but the car was so much fun to drive. I sold it with close to 90K on the odometer. I wish I'd never sold it. Every now and again I scan ebay looking for another one. Mint condition versions with very few miles are only selling in the mid twenties. Makes me glad I enjoyed my car. I do however drool over the 20th Anniversary T/As that pop up on ebay with less than 1K miles on them though.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #63
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Yeah, I drive mine a little. And I love it!!

Just hit this today and I bought it 1/2/13.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #64
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
I literally get very happy towards the end of work just thinking about driving home.
Quittin time? Hooray! Time to put the pedal to th...AH CRAP.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #65
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeric View Post
Quittin time? Hooray! Time to put the pedal to th...AH CRAP.

hahah
Old 01-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #66
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
How great is it to get off work knowing your going to drive home in a Camaro. I really cant say my Sonata or Tucson ever gave me that rush of enjoyment right after work.
I literally get very happy towards the end of work just thinking about driving home. Sometimes I take the longest route home just to enjoy the ride... Most the time the roads are wide open and I can push the corner speed a little. So I push it about ten over to see how it handles... Having my winter set on is not as fun... I have the 9" rears and 8" front SS rims for now... Once March rolls around I will have my ZL1 rims back on... 11" rear and 10" front... YEA!!!!
During the week I'm very busy so the only time I drive is to/from work, my super long 5 mile one way commute.

So I enjoy driving the Camaro or any fast car on that commute because I have little opportunities to mess around. I drive my car year round.
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #67
FASTLIFESS
Account Suspended

Drives: SS
Mine is a daily driver. It's a 2010 SS and right now has 35,000 miles. Won't be daily driving it no more after next weeks ECS and alky meth kit install
FASTLIFESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #68
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Man it feels so good to jump in my low mile, garage kept, showroom clean, still smells like new Camaro and whip around town on beautiful sunny days knowing that my baby is so spoiled that I dont have to beat and abuse her everyday with salt on the roads and idiots in parking lots. God I feel so sorry for people who drive their Camaros everyday. Here's a for you and a for the spoiled, loved garage queens. <dripping in sarcasm>

OP really? Good job on compensating and trying to convince yourself that its all good but for the ones that are fornuate enough to save our cars from daily abuse, its all good bc we really dont care that you drive it everyday and dont need to make stupid posts about our garaged babies....

So when's your next post? V6 vs V8 or how about Auto vs Manual?
Well said
Old 01-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #69
Dr40oz

Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post

Mine is a daily driver, but not if there is ice, slush or snow, not because it will get dirty, well maybe... but actually because I have tried it a little in those conditions, and no way can the PZeros handle.
Yes they can. I drive the Camaro on the Pzero's and I've never had any issues outside of the Chicago -30 cold spell I just had. At -5 and below it's some white knuckles but all you need is some skill driving and a nice sized pair. Obviously you can't drive fast under those conditions but you can 100% drive and drive fine in slush, ice , and snow if you're not a moron.

Plus all the soccer moms in SUVs slow traffic to a crawl anyway.
Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #70
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Holy smokin' clutches, Batman! The Internet is a place where no matter whatcha put, somebody will have an axe to grind... The weather is great? Up yours, Jerk! Please help feed the homeless? You commie bastard! Love thy neighbor? freakin' child molester! I love daily- driving my car? Well, now you've REALLY pissed people off!

I'll take the 'glad- to- get- off- work- and- drive- my- car- home' thing one step further, though, because, I, too, am a cruel person with malice in my heart (!). Every morning, I wake up... generally around 4AM or so. My first thought is, "Damn. Gotta go to work." However, this is quickly followed by, "Wait: I get to drive that yella Camaro down 10 miles of mountain road, then another 25 miles of highway!" YessssSSSSS!"

Over two years now of daily driving: Yes, in sun and wind and rain and ice and snow, and I'm sure that locusts and pestilence will be on the menu eventually. I love it like the day it was new (and, being fond of that state of being, it gets washed 2- 3 times weekly, waxed every month, vacuumed and interior- detailed ALMOST daily...). 63,000 hard miles (yes, I make it work for my smiles) since it got off the auto transport truck, and it still looks, smells, and drives like new.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote