Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #57
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't have a video of me racing against a TT V6, because I have not seen one at the track...and I've been there several times this year. So what you're saying is that its ok for you to speculate that they could beat a bolt-on SS without any evidence...but I can't estimate that they run identical to a stock SS?? Well I guess we'll find out when OP races that guy.
What I am saying is, without evidence to the contrary you are left assuming equal drivers running the same day at the same track (just like most of these other Camaro vs. threads). The car with the greater power to weight ratio should win. Assuming that the less the car with the worse power to weight ratio will win convincingly seems to be stretch to me. I don't know how this guy will run against his friend because I don't know how good a driver either one is. However, he has a better chance against is friend with the car that has the better power to weight ratio...the TT V6.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #58
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Heres the thing...

The IPF kit with headers on a V6 typically pushs around 380 - 400+ rwhp depending on the transmission. So no stock SS is keeping up with this on the road.

By the way..here is video of one with nothing more than the kit, on stock tires doing a 12.8. This time is not a typical run, but shows the potential. I can find another video of a completely stock V6, with just the kit, on the stock LS wheels and tires running a 13 flat.
Thing is the thread was about bolt on SS rather than stock. Yes those IPF V6's you are talking about would (or at least should) take out a SS in stock form. If we bring into the equation a fully bolt on SS, then the story changes. Your typical bolt on SS is over 400 (LS3) and will (or at least should) run high 12's consistently. L99 SS should be the same as well but with a little less hp.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #59
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
What I am saying is, without evidence to the contrary you are left assuming equal drivers running the same day at the same track (just like most of these other Camaro vs. threads). The car with the greater power to weight ratio should win. Assuming that the less the car with the worse power to weight ratio will win convincingly seems to be stretch to me. I don't know how this guy will run against his friend because I don't know how good a driver either one is. However, he has a better chance against is friend with the car that has the better power to weight ratio...the TT V6.
+100
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #60
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Drives: 12' ls3
TTV6 camaro is retarded.. That's why the first thing everyone ask is how come you didn't get the v8. You can beat stock v8's wooo you have a 10,000 TT kit lol. Stupid.

TTv6 450hp
TTv8 700+hp

V8 camaro is a better platform than a v6 camaro period.

People get the v6 cuz they can't afford the v8 or ins on the v8. Then they put rims a turbo zl1 front ends and everything known to man on there v6 to make it "like" a v8. How many people on this forum alone says there v6 has the growl of a v8 and doesn't.
Beef Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #61
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Cake View Post
TTV6 camaro is retarded.. That's why the first thing everyone ask is how come you didn't get the v8. You can beat stock v8's wooo you have a 10,000 TT kit lol. Stupid.

TTv6 450hp
TTv8 700+hp

People get the v6 cuz they can't afford the v8 or ins on the v8. Then they put rims a turbo zl1 front ends and everything known to man on there v6 to make it "like" a v8. How many people on this forum alone says there v6 has the growl of a v8 and doesn't.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #62
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:

TTv6 450hp
TTv8 700+hp

If your talking about just bolting on a FI kit, sure. However, I think most guys that have the experience, patience and wallet can build an impressive car especially a lighter V6.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #63
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Quote:
Your running 18.5 psi that would be over 1000hp on a v8

There's a guy running 22 psi making 1500hp in a v8 double your hp with 4.5 psi more boost
Old 08-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #64
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Quote:
And haven't you already trashed a v6 motor the first time around?
Old 08-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #65
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:

There's a guy running 22 psi making 1500hp in a v8 double your hp with 4.5 psi more boost
Not with these turbos they wouldn't.

Quote:
Yeah, just like several V8 guys around here. A few points to consider:

1) When you go big things break, it is part of the modders life.
2) You don't seem to know much about FI; boost is only part of the equation. You make power by having more air and fuel. Different turbos/superchargers flow different amounts of air for a given boost.
3) You have neither a TT V6 or a TT V8, so calling one retarded or stupid is...well you are good at those kinda of words so I'll leave it to you.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #66
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Thing is the thread was about bolt on SS rather than stock. Yes those IPF V6's you are talking about would (or at least should) take out a SS in stock form. If we bring into the equation a fully bolt on SS, then the story changes. Your typical bolt on SS is over 400 (LS3) and will (or at least should) run high 12's consistently. L99 SS should be the same as well but with a little less hp.
I know this...I agree. But also, this thread was about a turbo V6, rather than supercharged. The only reason I mentioned the IPF V6s was because they came into the conversation earlier and I wanted to show what they are capable of, and let people know they aren't on par with a good turbo setup.

Quote:

TTv6 450hp
TTv8 700+hp

Quote:

Quote:
and here comes the village idiot. The one that can't have a civil discussion and blows these threads all to hell. Theres these types on both the V6 and V8 "sides".

We are talking a Turbo V6 versus a modified bolt on SS, and now your yapping about 1500 HP twin turbo SS builds. Gretchen already removed his car from the conversation earlier b/c he realizes its not a typical turbo build.

So now...tell me why are you attacking him??

Why can't you appreciate someone that might want to take a V6 and make it powerful and be a little different? Are you telling me if you got walked by a turbo V6...you wouldn't have any respect??
Old 08-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #67
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Quote:
Not with these turbos they wouldn't.

Yeah, just like several V8 guys around here. A few points to consider:

1) When you go big things break, it is part of the modders life.
2) You don't seem to know much about FI; boost is only part of the equation. You make power by having more air and fuel. Different turbos/superchargers flow different amounts of air for a given boost.
Yea.. The more boost the more hp I fully understand it. Your running 18psi make 700hp.
3) You have neither a TT V6 or a TT V8, so calling one retarded or stupid is...well you are good at those kinda of words so I'll leave it to you.
I know which one will make 1500hp and which one WILL NEVER.

I'd rather have a 500hp n/a v8 ss than a 700hp TT v6 any day.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #68
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Good for you.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #69
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I know this...I agree. But also, this thread was about a turbo V6, rather than supercharged. The only reason I mentioned the IPF V6s was because they came into the conversation earlier and I wanted to show what they are capable of, and let people know they aren't on par with a good turbo setup.

and here comes the village idiot. The one that can't have a civil discussion and blows these threads all to hell. Theres these types on both the V6 and V8 "sides".

We are talking a Turbo V6 versus a modified bolt on SS, and now your yapping about 1500 HP twin turbo SS builds. Gretchen already removed his car from the conversation earlier b/c he realizes its not a typical turbo build.

So now...tell me why are you attacking him??

Why can't you appreciate someone that might want to take a V6 and make it powerful and be a little different? Are you telling me if you got walked by a turbo V6...you wouldn't have any respect??

You don't have v6s constantly chasing you around town trying to race.. Your correct.. No respect. It's annoying even my wife laughs at the mrt v6's lol

Question: have you ever chased down a v8?
Old 08-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #70
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:
I know which one will make 1500hp and which one WILL NEVER.

Jesus man, are you going to beat your chest and start throwing feces around?
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote