Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-21-2014, 11:25 PM   #57
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Hey Todd, that would be super cool to do that every month :-), good luck. That would be cool to get a bunch of together and do a track day.

We need to plan it now. I can do 3x next year. Which one are we all going to do?

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:27 PM   #58
CrystalRedTintcoat

When changing the fluid in the small reservoir, what if you do that then change it again immediately. Wash, rinse, repeat until the fluid is clear and not muddy?

-CRT

Old 11-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #59
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
When changing the fluid in the small reservoir, what if you do that then change it again immediately. Wash, rinse, repeat until the fluid is clear and not muddy?

-CRT

That's what you do when you buy a used Corvette :p You change the fluid, pump 20-30 times for recirculation, and replace it again until it is no longer dark. I remember someone breaking his clutch by blowing a seal with this procedure, though.

I only bought one Corvette used, and I just replaced it every few days when I got back home from work for the first month, and then it stayed clear after a while.

If I were you, I'd remove that separate reservoir, or find something much larger. Even GM recommends DOT4 on cars with that small reservoir; it's just too small for the duty.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:35 PM   #60
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
Well I get the call earlier today that my 1LE is all set and ready to go again. Drop rental car off, get dropped off at dealer and the runner goes to get my car. I see him pull up to deliver and stall it when he stops to back up. Then I notice he is trying to start it in gear while standing on the brake and clutch is on the floor but not disengaged. I run up to my car yelling ok more like screaming at him to stop what the hell are you doing pull it out of gear!!!! I immediately go back to the service office telling all the advisers what this moron is doing and that my clutch just completely let go in the driveway!!! They go out yelling at him to get out of my car and leave it where it is! I seriously almost started banging my head against the wall to stop the headache!

My adviser called enterprise who they use to try and get me a rental. Well he was going to upgrade but they didn't have any premium available. He apologized and asked if I could wait a few minutes in the waiting room and he would be back. Gave me a few minutes to take it in and catch my breath.

He returns 10 or so minutes later and asks me to come with him. Then handed me the keys to a 14 SIM 2SS/RS with 60 miles on it and a full tank and said take it for the weekend and don't worry about miles or gas. I thanked him and told him I appreciate the loaner. I also let him know I understand its not his fault and that the mechanic is ultimately just following GM's policies and procedures. But in my mind further testing on their end in the hands of a competent tech/driver should have been provided. Albeit I am extreemly pissed and they do have my car so I might as well not be a total asshole to them. But still!!!!!!!!!!! My head exploded and stomach turned watching this idiot try to start my car when it was obviously in gear and he tried a few times.

They say third times a charm right??? Maybe they will get it right this time.

Get a new shop. Something isn't right.

All these stories seem to indicate skipping the warranty and taking the car to a dealer and to just go to a real shop.

At least with Audi the dealers are withheld pay unless you report to the mfr you were completely satisfied.

And where is William (from Chevrolet) on this thread? Does Chevy care? I can tell you guys like Cornerspeed didn't beat on his clutch.

-CRT

Old 11-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #61
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
That's what you do when you buy a used Corvette :p You change the fluid, pump 20-30 times for recirculation, and replace it again until it is no longer dark. I remember someone breaking his clutch by blowing a seal with this procedure, though.

I only bought one Corvette used, and I just replaced it every few days when I got back home from work for the first month, and then it stayed clear after a while.

If I were you, I'd remove that separate reservoir, or find something much larger. Even GM recommends DOT4 on cars with that small reservoir; it's just too small for the duty.

Hmmm ... So larger secondary reservoir? or mix the juices with the brake fluid as-deigned?

-CRT

Old 11-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #62
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Quote:

-CRT
this should work.
but the best, IMHO, is to flush the system. the speed bleeder is a wonderful item but you can bleed/flush the system with the stock bleeder port and a mityvac. a bit of a bother, but it can be done on ramps
Old 11-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #63
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:

And where is William (from Chevrolet) on this thread? Does Chevy care? I can tell you guys like Cornerspeed didn't beat on his clutch.

-CRT

Here is a few minutes of video from that day, you can clearly hear me rev matching and not completely abusing my car by just slamming gears and dropping the clutch. I am just out there trying to run smooth, have a good time and not totally tear up my Camaro! After all that is what they 1LE is built for the track! Or am I wrong?

http://youtu.be/HHJy8HPW0u4

I totally love my 1LE and what it is capable of. But in the period of just over two months it has now spent going on three weeks at the dealer.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:55 PM   #64
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
Here is a few minutes of video from that day, you can clearly hear me rev matching and not completely abusing my car by just slamming gears and dropping the clutch. I am just out there trying to run smooth, have a good time and not totally tear up my Camaro! After all that is what they 1LE is built for the track! Or am I wrong?

I totally love my 1LE and what it is capable of. But in the period of just over two months it has now spent going on three weeks at the dealer.

First off, nice driving! Looked and sounded incredible. Second, you ain't NO way right rough on the clutch.

-CRT

Old 11-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #65
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
from my limited experience when I completely drained the clutch master and slave, the pedal will go over center (read that to be sticks to the floor) if there is a compressible media in the system (read that to be a gas).
the gas comes from not fully/properly bleeding the system or boiling the fluid.

I don't know why the fluid boils, more accurately put.........where does the heat come from if you are not slipping the clutch? I can possibly see it boiling in the line due to heat from the headers. but not everyone has the issue. so this seems a bit far fetched
as far as the pedal going to the floor at the dealership, they have an installation issue or the system was not bled properly. it is quite difficult to do using the standard pump and open the bleeder port method.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:36 AM   #66
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Hmmm ... So larger secondary reservoir? or mix the juices with the brake fluid as-deigned?

-CRT

Reverting to OEM setup is easy and is good enough. A still-separate-but-much-larger-reservoir would be best, but I don't know what you can use in there. Again, please note your troubles may continue until you get slave cylinder replaced, if its seals are contaminated.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:33 AM   #67
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Like I said before guys I had the same issue on the track and during spirited driving. After I replaced the parts I stated I no longer have the issue. Even with the small reservoir. Granted I think a bigger reservoir is needed.

FYI there is a bigger reservoir in the works. As soon as it is available I will make sure you guys know where to find it.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #68
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Like I said before guys I had the same issue on the track and during spirited driving. After I replaced the parts I stated I no longer have the issue. Even with the small reservoir. Granted I think a bigger reservoir is needed.

FYI there is a bigger reservoir in the works. As soon as it is available I will make sure you guys know where to find it.
Would be interested when the bigger reservoir is available.

Well with the wife expecting in the next few months I will take a few month brake from any track days and will give me some time to get some work and mods done to mine. So guess I will start stock piling the parts to do all this.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #69
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
So i had like my 6th or 7th track day in my 1LE Sunday and my clutch pedal acted up. About half way through my 2nd session i started to lose feeling with my clutch pedal. It kinda like felt like i lost pressure/resistance in the pedal. As i started my 3rd session before i even had half a lap in it started again and even felt like it was also sticking and not the normal return. I have the fluid separated, and always change it, so it's not cause of dirty fluid. There was another 1LE that had clutch issues on the way home. Has anyone who has actually put your car through the paces on track experienced anything like this? The drive home it felt completely normal.
This is usally dirty fluid as mentioned. But not in your case as you keep it clean. But it can also happen when you overfill the reservoir. Happened to me twice before someone clued me in at the staging lanes. Like you I change out the fluid often, but just the reservoir.

As for the Tick stuff, I beleive it's the Tick bleeder where dropping the transmission is recommended. Although this has been done by a few brave souls.

I had both put in when JRE replaced my stock clutch I took down to the rivets.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #70
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Hey Todd, that would be super cool to do that every month :-), good luck. That would be cool to get a bunch of together and do a track day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrichic View Post
I second that motion. Name the Time and Place Mark.
Quote:
We need to plan it now. I can do 3x next year. Which one are we all going to do?
-CRT
Love it gents, let's do it! If anyone else is interested...

Since we are from all over CA, let me throw out my thoughts:

1st choice: 3/7 - 3/8 Buttonwillow 13CW with Speed Ventures
2nd choice: 6/26 – 6/28 Laguna Seca unlimited dB, Speed Ventures

I'm going to be attending some others in NorCal, if you guys want to venture up this high:

2/7 - 2/8 Sonoma with HOD (if no rain)
2/14 Thunderhill 5-mile with HOD (if it doesn't rain)

Todd
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote