Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #57
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Never should have regrets. They make more power, and sound good. These are not the headers of the 60's that leak and don't fit right (as long as you buy nice ones). If you have any questions, feel free to call us.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #58
RobsCountach

Drives: '17 LT 2.0T AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Never should have regrets. They make more power, and sound good. These are not the headers of the 60's that leak and don't fit right (as long as you buy nice ones). If you have any questions, feel free to call us.
I've seen so many different numbers across the RPM Range on these. Realistically, with my CAI, then dyno tuner, will I see any below 4k hp ?
Is a lot of cash for 25hp only in the far upper range, which passes quickly.
I do want to, but...
RobsCountach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #59
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
If you don't get tuned will LT hdrs cause you to run too lean? which you'll regret?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #60
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I got my headers from Maryland Speed, stainless works, love them!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:42 AM   #61
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Only regret I have is I didn't have a set made for a turbo set up, other than that I love them sounds even better with a cam.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:53 AM   #62
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
1-7/8" SP Headers, got em ceramic coated for $200, Borla Atak full system w/o cats, CAI Air Box, and a 93 octane tune. Installed all of it in my garage - piece of cake, just jack the car up high safely. Love just how well it all fits with only a few cuts here and there for pipe length. I was amazed how this setup picked up some real seat of the pants HP, and personally love the crackling and rapp - and yes it IS REALLY loud when you mash it. The Atak system w/o cats may be too much for many owners, the videos from Borla do not really do it justice on how it really sounds.
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:10 AM   #63
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
I had ARH 1 7/8 long tube headers with high flow cats recently installed and not really any regrets. I love the power and the sound is absolutely amazing when combined with the Corsa ZL1 catback. The car screams and sounds differently than some of the Camaro's I have heard.

There is one gripe though. In the morning when I start the car, the fumes seem to enter the car slightly. Also, when I turn the heater, A/C, or defroster on, there's a big whiff of exhaust fumes that enter the cabin. That is something I'm not really liking. I have to start the car, leave it on for a good while and run it somewhere in order for me to use the heater, A/C, or defroster without any fuming issues. I'm not quite sure if I have a leak. Also, after starting the car for the first time in a couple of hours and if I roll down the windows, I can smell fumes outside the car, which makes me want to roll the windows back up. But when I roll the windows back up, the fumes stay trapped for a while. This makes me have to run the car and open the windows back up to let the fumes escape. Anyone else have this issue?
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #64
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Only regret was not doing it sooner! Holy crap this car sounds like a caged lion trying to get out now! LOVE it! Shout out to Branden from www.marylandspeed.com for making the transaction as smooth as possible. Great to work with and will continue to buy from him. I got Kooks w/ cats and ceramic coated for a reasonable price.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:56 PM   #65
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Only regret I have, is not putting them on before I got new tires! Car pulls really hard now, and traction control is always trying to cut off the fun from 2nd-3rd, and 3rd-4th gear in the upper RPM range!
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:35 PM   #66
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
You know what I regret ? Not doing it sooner. Go with 2'. Better for future builds.
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:37 PM   #67
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Only regret was not doing it sooner! Holy crap this car sounds like a caged lion trying to get out now! LOVE it! Shout out to Branden from www.marylandspeed.com for making the transaction as smooth as possible. Great to work with and will continue to buy from him. I got Kooks w/ cats and ceramic coated for a reasonable price.
Did you get any CELs or did you get a tune?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #68
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I regret not getting headers sooner, was worried that it would be crazy loud and drone like crazy, knowing what I know now that would have been mod #1 out of the gate after Tint and floor liners!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #69
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Headers Regret?

The only real headers regret you will ever hear and read about, are people who continually make the mistake of tuning their exhaust and replacing parts from the rear to the front, instead of from the front to the back on these cars.

Icing on the cake is working from rear, finishing off with a cam at the front, lol.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #70
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Did you get any CELs or did you get a tune?
Yep. It came a few drives after I installed them. I was doing a semi-hard pull from a stoplight and the CEL popped on. She's tucked away in hibernation for the winter but in April she has an appointment for a tune.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote