Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #57
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Rain??? Hell, I don't want to take it out if there's DUST in the air. lol. I did recently get caught in a major downpour. Since, however, I had the water management bag replaced along with the 5th bow on my convertible (all covered by the dealer) I wanted to see if I would find any water on the carpet. The next day I held my breath as I went out to the car to check. Nothing! Dry as a bone! That's one rainstorm I was happy to be in for testing purposes.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #58
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
NT05's suck ass in the rain...
I bought may camaro in Vancouver BC and drove it all year round but I never snows there. I moved to Calgary Alberta about 3 years ago and I had to buy a truck to drive in the winters here. I don't mind driving in the rain because I like washing the car. Give me an inner peace lol. But I just had a set of the nitto NT05's installed so this should be interesting.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #59
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
I'll just let the picture talk...
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #60
Rahjeir

Drives: 2014 1LT w/RS Summit White
My Camaro is my daily driver, it sees all elements. It's not bad in snow either, of course when you put on the correct tires.
Rahjeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #61
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I take pictures in the rain, matter of fact, it is raining as I type this.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2016, 05:07 PM   #62
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
some people show these cars and they have to be very clean. they drive the car too so they are already cleaning it a lot. For some people like me its no different than any classic car. Who you drive your like new 70 Chevelle in the rain. They're not rare and they cost about the same. I bought my car because I wanted a nice new muscle car. I live in the county in NY so The camaro even on studded snows isnt going anywhere. Id be shoveling snow with my windshield. I have a truck for that.
^THIS

I have enough trouble just cleaning it after a trackday to get to a show. No reason to drive it in the rain then have to get up on ramps to clean the under carriage. IN MY Opinion (yours I'm sure will vary), the 1LE is no daily driver. Thats what my comfy Traverse is for. I put on about 2-3k miles per season, and have never driven in the rain. That's how I enjoy my Camaro, you're free to enjoy yours your way.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #63
Chanman

Drives: '15 Camaro 2LS V6
Daily Driver, so yeah if it rains it will not stop me from driving. Doesn't mean I like it, and doesn't mean the next wash isn't gonna take a little bit longer than the normal, however am not afraid of the rain.
Chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #64
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I propose mounting many catch cans on our cars, driving them in the rain, and then using the rain water caught by the cans to wash it....who's in?
Old 06-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #65
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Seriously tho, if I really need to get somewhere, and its pouring outside... if I don't have to get on the freeway, then I'll take the Camaro. If I do have to get on the freeway, I will now always take the truck.

It doesn't rain hard here in socal. I've only driven in a good downpour maybe twice in the Camaro (I know good downpours... been to the tropics).

One time it scared the heck out of me. Had to keep it under 65 or else I could feel the rear NT05's coming loose. Good that I have the wide ovals in the front because I would have had to just get off the freeway, or worse... It was early Sunday and no traffic, maybe a couple of trucks down an 8 lane freeway. But, that was it for me, no more playing in the rain with my pretty ride.

I remember a member here wearing NT05's on all corners and in some rain, he ended up in a ditch. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Plan B - if its a must in hard rain - truck.

I realize not everyone has a Plan B. Be safe with your Camaro.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #66
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Attached Images

Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #67
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
^THIS

I have enough trouble just cleaning it after a trackday to get to a show. No reason to drive it in the rain then have to get up on ramps to clean the under carriage. IN MY Opinion (yours I'm sure will vary), the 1LE is no daily driver. Thats what my comfy Traverse is for. I put on about 2-3k miles per season, and have never driven in the rain. That's how I enjoy my Camaro, you're free to enjoy yours your way.
Maybe it's time for car show judges to at least not penalize cars that are also driven daily or on the track for having a little dirt in places not readily accessible or visible. Actual street use, and even more so track day use should be considered points in your favor, particularly for a 1LE.

Norm
Old 06-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #68
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Your money, your car. Drive it as you see fit. Mine is a weekend cruiser. It doesn't need to be out in the elements.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #69
Chanman

Drives: '15 Camaro 2LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Maybe it's time for car show judges to at least not penalize cars that are also driven daily or on the track for having a little dirt in places not readily accessible or visible. Actual street use, and even more so track day use should be considered points in your favor, particularly for a 1LE.

Norm

Couldn't agree more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #70
RAMTechRob

Drives: 2016 Camaro White 1LT
I live in Phoenix. When it rains 8 times a year, I just wait 20 minutes for it to stop.
RAMTechRob is offline   Reply With Quote