Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-03-2017, 11:46 PM   #57
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Harbor Freight tools are just as good at Snap On, following that logic. haha

You get what you pay for, people often learn that with age. My purchase decisions have nothing to do with ego, more so based on life experiences.

A friend of mine's dog died from contaminated Chinese dog food. Cheap fk'r thought dog food was dog food. Till it died.
Well along that line, I used to be a diesel mechanic/helper for tugboats. They all ran the Detroit Diesel 71 series and 92 series of 2 stroke diesels. We got a call-out for a boat that had the starboard 12V71 main engine have a failure. So me and the main mechanic head there with spare engine in tow. When we get there, his box is the typical Snap-on, Proto, Mac tool stuff. Mine was a freebie Harbor Freight set. We were trying to roll the engine over using the crank bolt. Guess what? His nice fancy shmancy Snap-on breaker bar broke the square stud off that engages the socket. Mine, the $25 breaker bar broke the head of the bolt off. That is of course using a 3ft cheater pipe on it. So, you don't ALWAYS get what you pay for..........usually, yes. But not always......... Think about that next time before you decide to bag on another product without any first hand experience. And as far as the price difference between them, free tech support? It's a damn header, not a high performance gaming pc build. Not much they can "support" you with besides giving advice or offering a refund etc. Guess what? Speed Engineering stands by theirs as well. The advice we can all get from here, as this is what we're here for. So for me no.......it is not worth the price difference. I researched carefully before I settled on SE and am damn glad I did. Mine were $355 dropped at my door with new gaskets, extensions and all. To each their own.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #58
Fern-TSI

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, street tune ,LTH, CAI,
Will these work on a lowered ZL1? Worried about ground clearance .
Fern-TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:17 PM   #59
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
By the time half of the people get the Speed Engineering headers and then go with the Texas Speed cats and clamps and stuff, they could get something along the lines of Stainless Power or even Texas Speed themselves. Just have to look around at some of the forum vendors and actually send them an e-mail or give them a call. You would be surprised at the kind of deals you will get.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:36 AM   #60
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamouSS View Post
By the time half of the people get the Speed Engineering headers and then go with the Texas Speed cats and clamps and stuff, they could get something along the lines of Stainless Power or even Texas Speed themselves. Just have to look around at some of the forum vendors and actually send them an e-mail or give them a call. You would be surprised at the kind of deals you will get.
Gotta search for different high flow cats as you can find them cheaper. I think the TSP cats are around 300 for the pair?

Check out Eastern Catalytic for a great alternative or Mandrel Bending Solutions
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:54 AM   #61
WheelMan69

Drives: 2015 SS/A6
Who needs Cats??????

*VMAX Throttle Body
*Speed-Engineering Headers / No Cats
*Catted Magnaflow X-Pipe
*BMR Toe Rods
*BMR Xtreme Ant-Roll Kit
*BMR Trailing Arms
*CAI Cold Air Intake
*TUNED BY JAY @ KRAFTSWORKS EXCELL
WheelMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:58 PM   #62
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelMan69 View Post
Who needs Cats??????
People that have to pass emissions tests and visual cheeks. I just moved and I was glad I had cats because of the required emissions testing where I moved.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:02 PM   #63
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelMan69 View Post
Who needs Cats??????
I dont have them at all. Im just making a statement for the ones that do and then go with high flow cats from other places. The price they are spending they can actually get other headers that already come with them if they actually reach out to the forum sponsors on here. Especially Stainless Power brand.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:17 PM   #64
WheelMan69

Drives: 2015 SS/A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
People that have to pass emissions tests and visual cheeks. I just moved and I was glad I had cats because of the required emissions testing where I moved.
I know I know just messing around! Those states are missing out on the great smell gas!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamouSS View Post
I dont have them at all. Im just making a statement for the ones that do and then go with high flow cats from other places. The price they are spending they can actually get other headers that already come with them if they actually reach out to the forum sponsors on here. Especially Stainless Power brand.
This is True!

*VMAX Throttle Body
*Speed-Engineering Headers / No Cats
*Catted Magnaflow X-Pipe
*BMR Toe Rods
*BMR Xtreme Ant-Roll Kit
*BMR Trailing Arms
*CAI Cold Air Intake
*TUNED BY JAY @ KRAFTSWORKS EXCELL
WheelMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote