Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-18-2023, 01:05 PM   #57
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
When I had questions about my GPI ported intake Andrew answered them all. And I had the intake given to me so I wasn't even a customer. But I showed him love from Canada telling a buddy about a shop here that dealt with GPI. He ended up buying and LT2 intake from them. Great customer service. Best on the forum.

I agree.
I have the same experience.
He patiently explained everything to me and helped me find information when I was unable to contact GPI via email.

And that despite my lousy English

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 08:17 PM   #58
SSJ2

Drives: 2010 2SS CAMARO
George I also went with the heat shield on my GPI ported rod mod. Also in the 4-5k and up rpm ranges is something you will be grinning at. Feels like it still wants more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBK Long tube headers, Hi flo cats, straight pipe muffler delete with j-pipes. K+N CAI, Soler Performance Ported Throttle Body, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Phantom Grill, MGW flatstick shifter. 3.91 Gears, Ported Rod Mod Intake, ZTA Spoiler, Rohana RC22 20x10 20x11.
SSJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 10:18 PM   #59
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I have no idea if the heat shield works but while it was off figured why not, the worst part of the job was getting the backing off the heat shield. I find with this intake the car hits redline very quickly and it doesn't feel like it's dropping off before it does, still wants to pull.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 04:52 PM   #60
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Did anyone wind up replacing the port gaskets ?
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 06:03 PM   #61
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Did anyone wind up replacing the port gaskets ?
Unless you lose one, or somehow damage them, you can reuse those to your hearts content.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 06:25 PM   #62
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Unless you lose one, or somehow damage them, you can reuse those to your hearts content.
Thanks Andrew, good to know.

Update - I did wind up replacing the gaskets on the ported IM from GPI as two of them appeared to be compressed flat even with port wall. I also lined the IM with ThermoTec 13575 aluminized heat barrier.
FWIW I noticed that after a faint dusting of snow the snow was still on the raised portion of the hood over the IM after the car was off fat few hrs and nowhere else. I’m assuming the IM temp was lower than elsewhere in the engine bay due to heat barrier I also have the IM clam shell removed.

Last edited by camguynj; 01-31-2024 at 06:33 PM.
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 07:07 PM   #63
Joe.G

I replaced mine as I got a new Intake from GPI so I needed new ones and left the old ones on my Stock intake. Like Andrew said they are reusable.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 10-01-2023, 05:03 AM   #64
George-CZ

In free time I am slowly gathering information about the Rod Mod Intake installation and I am still not sure how it is with the tune.

I have Long tubes, HF Cats, CAI and ported TB. Jiank it is a stock LS3
The last modification was ported TB, where the tune was modified according to the sent datalog.

It is better to upload a new datalog after installation and adjust the tune accordingly.
Or does it make no sense for serial engine?

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:44 AM   #65
Joe.G

Dynosteve who did my tune said no tune really needed but said he'd send me a revised tune if I wanted. So I have not tuned mine after intake and it seems good to go.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,

Last edited by Joe.G; 10-01-2023 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2023, 02:15 PM   #66
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Dynosteve who dis my tune said no tune really needed but said he'd send me a revised tune if I wanted. So I have not turned mine after intake and it seems good to go.

I can't say half a bad word about Dynosteve.
As sometimes, something can go wrong- We are only humans.. After that, must an agreement on the correction of the error.
But I have several tunes from him and everything has always been fine.

But if there is a better result with a tune, then who to contact.
Dynosteve, who tunes my car right from the start, or GPI, since it's a product from them?

Old 10-01-2023, 09:41 PM   #67
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
In free time I am slowly gathering information about the Rod Mod Intake installation and I am still not sure how it is with the tune.

I have Long tubes, HF Cats, CAI and ported TB. Jiank it is a stock LS3
The last modification was ported TB, where the tune was modified according to the sent datalog.

It is better to upload a new datalog after installation and adjust the tune accordingly.
Or does it make no sense for serial engine?
Well I can tell you this. I installed my new GPI Ported Rod Mod intake last month. While I do not have a wideband, I do monitor my STFTs via CanBus on the Torque app on my head unit. Before install I was exactly where I expected to be fuel trim wise. It bounced around a bit, but was generally ± 6% at idle. After install of the intake, AT IDLE, I am now anywhere between +10 to +17% short term - so I'm running lean. Tripled checked, no vacuum leaks, just getting more air as expected. I haven't logged it via HP Tuners yet, but I will soon so I can get a better look throughout the powerband.

I will be getting a wideband very soon and having the tune updated. Until then I am taking it VERY easy in the car. Luckily, I am only driving the Camaro maybe 20 miles per week anyway.

Not sure if you can see the mods in my sig, but I am cammed and full bolt on. Not sure if it would be the same situation if it was an unported rod mod intake.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 10:06 PM   #68
Joe.G

George, I was not saying anything Neg about DynoSteve, just saying that he said it wasn't necessary to Revtune for the Throttle Body or the intake. GPI said the same for the Intake.

Please post back after logging your car.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 10-02-2023, 04:56 AM   #69
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
George, you have the tool & ability to log it so let the data determine if it needs a revision. It might need a correction & it might not but it never hurts to check.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 11:54 AM   #70
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
George, I was not saying anything Neg about DynoSteve, just saying that he said it wasn't necessary to Revtune for the Throttle Body or the intake. GPI said the same for the Intake.

Please post back after logging your car.

You misunderstood me
I meant it in connection with his work.
Each of his tunes was a pleasant benefit.
He never sent me anything that didn't work.