Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #57
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinpowersIII View Post
I'm guessing that my order is gonna run me $41,000 with taxes, etc.
YEAH BABY !! ( Sorry, I had to do that ) I think you're probably right on with the price, but this is probably going to be without the taxes !!! Now we have to wait to see if the General is on board with us !!!!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #58
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
YES!!!! Finally. I just got off the phone with my dealer and I am Number 1. He says we can enter an order. I knew all my hard training would give them the tools to get the job done. lol

I will be sitting down with him tomorrow morning to write it up.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #59
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
My order (2SS, RS, Auto, Rally Yellow on Black w/Black Rally stripes) went through yesterday morning with no issues :-) I stopped in last night to talk to my salesperson and we reviewed the options ,etc. He did re-confirm that as of yesterday you cannot order the RS package and the 20" polished wheels together through the GM workbook interface. As per another thread, this may change (and I hope it does). I can also re-confirm no pricing as of yet but he also thinks mid-november would be a target. One thing he did mention that I have seen in other threads is that, in his words, the SS will be a premium vehicle. When he elaborated he said that they doesn't expect many to be produced beyond the pre-orders and that his dealership has be told they are guarenteed only 1 SS. The good news for me is that it will be mine as I was the frist for pre-order and hence first order placed (through that dealership).

I think you are off about 5K. I wish you were right though. Believe me - I also ordered a 2SS and if it comes in at 45K or less, I'd be shocked.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #60
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
YEAH BABY !! ( Sorry, I had to do that ) I think you're probably right on with the price, but this is probably going to be without the taxes !!! Now we have to wait to see if the General is on board with us !!!!
I really hope that it is lower than I have indicated... anything higher may be a deal breaker. Come on GM, keep the SS within grasp of the average Canadian buyer!!!
austinpowersIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #61
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
How are you guys planning on financing this car? Never bought a new car before, just wondering if it's best to go through GM or a bank loan. I know credit score will play a big part as well but as long as nothing unexpected happens my score should remain around where it is now (~820) .
All that being said, it has to fall within my range.
crazz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #62
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazz28 View Post
How are you guys planning on financing this car? Never bought a new car before, just wondering if it's best to go through GM or a bank loan. I know credit score will play a big part as well but as long as nothing unexpected happens my score should remain around where it is now (~820) .
5 finger discount.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #63
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazz28 View Post
I would go with whoever gives you the lower rate !!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #64
Hylton

Quote:
I really hope that it is lower than I have indicated... anything higher may be a deal breaker. Come on GM, keep the SS within grasp of the average Canadian buyer!!!
We should all try and contact the Canadian Marketing Manager with our thoughts so he is fully aware how much concern there is out there.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #65
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Quote:
My order (2SS, RS, Auto, Rally Yellow on Black w/Black Rally stripes) went through yesterday morning with no issues :-) I stopped in last night to talk to my salesperson and we reviewed the options ,etc. He did re-confirm that as of yesterday you cannot order the RS package and the 20" polished wheels together through the GM workbook interface. As per another thread, this may change (and I hope it does). I can also re-confirm no pricing as of yet but he also thinks mid-november would be a target. One thing he did mention that I have seen in other threads is that, in his words, the SS will be a premium vehicle. When he elaborated he said that they doesn't expect many to be produced beyond the pre-orders and that his dealership has be told they are guarenteed only 1 SS. The good news for me is that it will be mine as I was the frist for pre-order and hence first order placed (through that dealership).

Not even close. Without even knowing the Can. pricing yet, it's simple math.
Look here. It could even be more than I predict if GM Canada decides to go for more than a 20 percent conversion rate.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8018
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #66
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Im financing, but i really dont think that GM is going to really make this car that expensive, they will not succeed in Canada if they have a base model starting at 29 like some have said, the max they can go is honestly 26. 41K for the 2ss would be amazing if it happened, but i think for all that and taxes interest, you are honestly looking at around 45-48K, our base SS will probably start at 35 or 36, a 2ss will proabably add 3k or more plus the rs pack, which is still 1k US for the ss, so probably 1500 for the 2ss, so yeah, It really sucks, i hope we all get EXACTLY what we want for reasonable prices,
Is there any way we can voice our concern about pricing, we need to gather all the canadians on this forum and try something,
One question for all who have ordered, are you 100% satisfied and excited?
For me, i'm excited but im even more scared of pricing now, they shouldve released pricing at the same time as ordering, so that no ones hopes get smashed
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #67
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
It is kind of comical how little the dealers up here know about the new Camaro, at least the one I am dealing with. It is a small dealership so they are only getting two, mine and one for their inventory. I sent the salesman an e-mail last week saying the US was going to be able to start ordering on Oct 13th and asked whether he had heard anything about Cdn ordering. I also sent him my wish list (2SS/RS IMO, Manual tranny) which is contigent on the final price as well as a list of GMPP stuff assuming the base price wasn't to rediculous.

His reply was much as expected, no pricing till November, no ordering till December. Then I get a phone message on Wed night 15th, "we can order your car tomorrow, call me in the morning". So I called him in the morning and he tells me that his District Sales Manager will be there and thought t would be fun if I could come in and order while he is there. He then told me that he was going to be watching a GM video conferencing call at noon. It would be about ordering the new Camaro. I started talking about the 2SS and the differences between the models and it was clear he had know idea what I was talking about. So I suggested that he have his meeting and call me afterwards and we could then talk about me coming in to finalize/place the order. I didn't hear back from him on Thursday the 16th so I called the dealership yesterday only to find out that he is off and won't be back until next Thursday.

One thing he did mention about price was that the rumor mill put the price of the top dawg 2SS around 43K which is just about right on where we thought it would be when I put my deposit down back in June. Looks like it will be next Friday at the earliest before I will be placing my order.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #68
BLACK67

I'm going in at 3 pm today to write it up. I hope there are no hiccups.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #69
BLACK67

I want to order black stripes on Cyber grey. Does anyone know if the dealer installed black stripes are glossy or flat black? I'm hoping they are flat.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #70
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I think theyre glossy, not sure though
Does anyone know if it is possible to persuade a dealer to give you the car at Invoice?
I wonder if we all went to one dealer hypethically, if they gave us all the cars at invoice, if they would make more money then just selling 3 camaros at msrp, what if we did that, that might be a win-win situation. Lol does anyone think this is even possible?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote