Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #715
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I'm checking in and a lot happier this time. I've only lost a couple of pounds in the last two-three weeks but I am shrinking!! The photos don't lie! I need a measuring tape so I can measure myself. May pick one up tomorrow. But I look better and feel better so I think this is working!

Still keeping my calories under 1500 and trying to balance the carbs/fat/protein per CFD's instructions. I'm doing the elliptical for half an hour and the treadmill for half an hour at least 5 days a week. Every other day I do strength training-- various weight machines. I've outlined most of them previously.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #716
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
I'm checking in and a lot happier this time. I've only lost a couple of pounds in the last two-three weeks but I am shrinking!! The photos don't lie! I need a measuring tape so I can measure myself. May pick one up tomorrow. But I look better and feel better so I think this is working!

Still keeping my calories under 1500 and trying to balance the carbs/fat/protein per CFD's instructions. I'm doing the elliptical for half an hour and the treadmill for half an hour at least 5 days a week. Every other day I do strength training-- various weight machines. I've outlined most of them previously.
Way to go! See Just like we said! Way to go!!!!!!!!! Keep it up. Maybe next my stubborn belly will finaly begin to dwindle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #717
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Wow, its been a long time since Ive posted on here. Just dropped in to see how things were then I saw this thread.

I'm a fairly large structured 18 year old guy about 6' even at 260 lbs looking to drop to about 240-230 lbs. Problem is that I basically have about 2-3 hours of spare time (12 pm to 2:30 pm) between school and work Monday thru Thursday, I also only manage about 5 to 5 1/2 hours of sleep those days. Schedule is wake up at 7:15 am, go to college till 11:45 am, then go to work at 2:40 pm until 1:15 am; then sleep after a shower and brushing my teeth at 2am. Friday is overtime, which is plentiful now and pays well, but I don't have school, Saturday and Sunday I'm pretty much free.

One advantage I have is I operate 2 band saws on steroids, and a CNC face & center machine supplying solid metal bar stock to machines. Whenever I can I try to lift the bar stock to the machine instead of using the manual 2 ton crane or the big 10 ton pendelum crane, as well as do a lot of walking and standing. So I do get a small workout during work.

I've always wanted to shed some pounds and gain some definition, but I've never known where to start because of all the workouts and diet plans available. Can somebody give me some dieting advice? I gotta look good for whenever I pay my suburban off at the end of the year and trade it for a camaro!
Thanks!

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #718
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post

This is great to hear. I'm glad you didn't quit. I think you will see that there won't be huge changes over night but at a steady pace, next thing you know you look in the mirror and realize the dramatic change that took place and you didn't even see it happening.

As you go along it becomes more routine and you can fine tune everything for maximam results but as for now what you're doing seems to be working fine so stay with it for another week or two and then we can look things over and perhaps make a few changes if needed.

Doing this while quitting smoking is a chalange but where as you have done this well at both this far shows that you have the resolve to do what it takes.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #719
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Wow, its been a long time since Ive posted on here. Just dropped in to see how things were then I saw this thread.

I'm a fairly large structured 18 year old guy about 6' even at 260 lbs looking to drop to about 240-230 lbs. Problem is that I basically have about 2-3 hours of spare time (12 pm to 2:30 pm) between school and work Monday thru Thursday, I also only manage about 5 to 5 1/2 hours of sleep those days. Schedule is wake up at 7:15 am, go to college till 11:45 am, then go to work at 2:40 pm until 1:15 am; then sleep after a shower and brushing my teeth at 2am. Friday is overtime, which is plentiful now and pays well, but I don't have school, Saturday and Sunday I'm pretty much free.

One advantage I have is I operate 2 band saws on steroids, and a CNC face & center machine supplying solid metal bar stock to machines. Whenever I can I try to lift the bar stock to the machine instead of using the manual 2 ton crane or the big 10 ton pendelum crane, as well as do a lot of walking and standing. So I do get a small workout during work.

I've always wanted to shed some pounds and gain some definition, but I've never known where to start because of all the workouts and diet plans available. Can somebody give me some dieting advice? I gotta look good for whenever I pay my suburban off at the end of the year and trade it for a camaro!
Thanks!

Hi, good to see you here. If you go to pg 26 post 635 you will see a quick outline on how to choose the right foods to eat. In your case the calorie totals would be a bit higher but the ratios and food choices should be the same. Not nowing more specifics I would probabilly start with around 2300-2500 cals. This may seem a little high to some but where as your schedule is demanding and sleep is actually inadequite decreasing cals to much or to quickly may be counterproductive. Even though you may be active and physical at work your body adapts to it so it doesn't have the same effect as exercise,if you wre able to spend 30 min 3-4 days a week doing some kind of cardio the results would be much more beneficial.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #720
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
2/5/12: Stationary bike 35 mins rode 7 miles, Burned 538 calories, Max HR 228, Avg HR 186, In Zone 141 -155 2m16s. Good to be back in the gym after 2 days off, Hammys feel great good solid workout. Thanks for all your support.
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #721
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Bought my wedding dress yesterday... Now just have to loose/maintain till October!! Who is excited? This girl!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #722
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Questions: I diet all week and workout then usually just about every weekend I go out to eat on either Friday or Saturday and I gain weight just from that one meal. My other meals are what I do during the week. For instance, this weekend I gained 3 pounds? It bothers me!
But also, when I weighed in this morning and noticed I gained weight but my fat percentage was down. What does this mean?
Old 02-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #723
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Questions: I diet all week and workout then usually just about every weekend I go out to eat on either Friday or Saturday and I gain weight just from that one meal. My other meals are what I do during the week. For instance, this weekend I gained 3 pounds? It bothers me!
But also, when I weighed in this morning and noticed I gained weight but my fat percentage was down. What does this mean?
I would think that the weight gain is only because you checked your weight shortly after eating your large meal, if you make your weigh ins before your "cheat meal" it would be more accurate.

Normally when you think of weight gain and fat loss together you would say it's muscle gain but muscle gain does not happen any where near that fast so I would think it's because of water retention/loss
Old 02-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #724
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Hi, good to see you here. If you go to pg 26 post 635 you will see a quick outline on how to choose the right foods to eat. In your case the calorie totals would be a bit higher but the ratios and food choices should be the same. Not nowing more specifics I would probabilly start with around 2300-2500 cals. This may seem a little high to some but where as your schedule is demanding and sleep is actually inadequite decreasing cals to much or to quickly may be counterproductive. Even though you may be active and physical at work your body adapts to it so it doesn't have the same effect as exercise,if you wre able to spend 30 min 3-4 days a week doing some kind of cardio the results would be much more beneficial.
Thanks man, I checked out and bookmarked that page. Shortly after posting that tho I found a method that says it's for busy people, and it seems to make sense. I've been skipping out on breakfast due to school but i may start eating 2-3 eggs before I head out since they don't take that long to cook. But anyway here's the site: [URL="http://www.weight-loss-for-busy-people.com/"]http://www.weight-loss-for-busy-people.com/[URL]

A lot of what's said in the site seems to make sense, but id like another opinion. also a buddy of mine heard that there's some exercise where you do pushups and (if you can) pullups on the hour, every hour. Wondering if anyone's heard of that?

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

Old 02-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #725
CFD

Quote:
Thanks man, I checked out and bookmarked that page. Shortly after posting that tho I found a method that says it's for busy people, and it seems to make sense. I've been skipping out on breakfast due to school but i may start eating 2-3 eggs before I head out since they don't take that long to cook. But anyway here's the site: [URL="http://www.weight-loss-for-busy-people.com/"]http://www.weight-loss-for-busy-people.com/[URL]

A lot of what's said in the site seems to make sense, but id like another opinion. also a buddy of mine heard that there's some exercise where you do pushups and (if you can) pullups on the hour, every hour. Wondering if anyone's heard of that?
I am not sure of the specific exercise he is refering to but there is some foundation to it. Pushups and pull ups are full body exercises sp than can be useful in gaining muscle but doing a few sets every hour doesn't have great muscle building capabilities but where it benefits is that it keeps your metabolizm going that's why it's often suggested to do mini workouts mid day to fire up the metabolism. If you have some time to spend I would follow a full body workout for 30-45 min 2-3 times weekly and any cardio you could fit in
Old 02-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #726
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I am not sure of the specific exercise he is refering to but there is some foundation to it. Pushups and pull ups are full body exercises sp than can be useful in gaining muscle but doing a few sets every hour doesn't have great muscle building capabilities but where it benefits is that it keeps your metabolizm going that's why it's often suggested to do mini workouts mid day to fire up the metabolism. If you have some time to spend I would follow a full body workout for 30-45 min 2-3 times weekly and any cardio you could fit in
Alright, the college I go to has a workout center I've been meaning to check out, so i guess ill give that a shot. theres also a program that the college offers called "unfit to 5k" that's supposed to shape an unfit individual slowly into somebody capable of running 3 miles nonstop. I'd be cool to do of i wasn't already neck deep in classes and work.

Thanks for the advice, ill start Thursday this week when i get my paycheck to go grocery shopping on. This time I plan on getting rid of all the boxed processed foods and getting natural meats, fruits and veggies. As well as one metric ton of eggs for breakfast.

To me this is the time to start working in this goal, my older friends and relitives say that shedding weight ought to be easier for me since I'm still pretty young at 18 years old.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #727
CFD

Quote:
Alright, the college I go to has a workout center I've been meaning to check out, so i guess ill give that a shot. theres also a program that the college offers called "unfit to 5k" that's supposed to shape an unfit individual slowly into somebody capable of running 3 miles nonstop. I'd be cool to do of i wasn't already neck deep in classes and work.

Thanks for the advice, ill start Thursday this week when i get my paycheck to go grocery shopping on. This time I plan on getting rid of all the boxed processed foods and getting natural meats, fruits and veggies. As well as one metric ton of eggs for breakfast.

To me this is the time to start working in this goal, my older friends and relitives say that shedding weight ought to be easier for me since I'm still pretty young at 18 years old.

At a young age your metabolism should be near peak naturally so with good nutrition weight loss should be easier in comparison to someone older also testosterone levels should be high as well making muscle building easier as well although neither is "easy" by any means.

There are many but on pg 22 post 533 is an example of a full body workout.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #728
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Bought my wedding dress yesterday... Now just have to loose/maintain till October!! Who is excited? This girl!
Very exciting! Congrats. You are going to be a very beautiful bride!

I made another batch of home made sandwiches & froze them for lunches the next 2 weeks. Same recipe as last time except this time I used whole grain ciabatta rolls. Sandwiches are bigger but I will just reduce snacks. I also made another batch of my trail mix. I have hubby on-board now (NikeMike2SS/RR). He is cooking healthy suppers (he gets home before I do since I have an hour drive & my classes are after work too). He will re-start his walking. I have not convinced him yet that he needs to do some weights to build muscle mass but at least this is a start. We are going to be a lean, mean Camaro family.