Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 10-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #715
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
My humble take on the game.

OU only rushed 16 times and UT rushed 32 times. (45 times if you count the QBs) Ut ends up with only 32 rushing yards but counting sacks and fumbes they were tackled for a total of -87 yards. OU ends up with 86 yards but 64 was on one long run. So Texas LOST more yard than OU gained. LMAO

OU will be fine running. The pass was there and they mostly stayed between the tackles running to keep the D honest. The focus was not on running.

Now......

Both teams had 22 first downs. So UT was able to move the ball but when the plays didn't go right ... they REALLY didn't go right. Big sacks, tunovers, things that a young team do to lose games.

As a fan, I tend to be as critical on both sides. Pros and cons.

OUs defensive secondary is suspect. They can be good, but they quit on plays. LSU and BAMA close games out in the 4th quarter. They dont' allow the stupid sloppy points to be had by opposing teams. Even in a route. I'm sick of seeing it. Not greedy, just sick of them quiting while there is still time on the clock. To me they are tell tell signs of something bigger.

Florida State is showing us they weren't as good as we thought while teams like West Viginia and Oregon are still winning. Missouri gave OU fits and they aren't very good either.

Bottom line, while I'm super stoked that OU won this game, I think Bama and LSU deserve to be ranked 1 and 2.

OU can beat both of them, but it'll take a great game from them.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #716
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
I agree OU can win it all. But it won't be easy and Stoops better keep them focused. That seems to be our downfall in the big games is lack of focus.
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #717
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Dirty D. Congrats on the win I watched yalls game that's another pure hate rivalry u gotta live around to understand.
Yeah, my sister graduated from TT. She was pretty quiet tonight actually, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Haha, yeah, you're right. I thought I saw an Aggie in there somewhere commenting, but I was mistaken. Good job to the Aggies, though, for closing out against Tech. That was a long game...
Ok, just wanted to make sure that all the Horns/Sooners fans in here know that the only Aggie fan present isn't stupid enough to run his mouth when he has no place to run it.

The Horns this year are too much of an unknown and still trying to find themselves with all new coordinators and mostly freshman/sophmore players... they are still dangerous.

They will learn the hard way and be in the title picture over the next 3-5 years because Mack Brown can recruit if nothing else.

I'll call it now, the Big XII champ is going to come down to the winner of the Bedlam game in Stillwater, barring a surprise from a visiting team.

OU's ramaing schedule...

Oct 22 TTU @ OU
Oct 29 OU @ K State (#20 today) Scrappy little F'ers!
Nov 05 TAMU (#24 today) @ OU...if A&M fixes their secondary, this is a good game.
Nov 12 ...Bye week... good timing!
Nov 19 OU @ Baylor (#25 today) RG3 is a passing monster... just sayin'
Nov 26 OU v Iowa St... You get lazy and they can bit you int the ass!
Dec 03 OU @ OSU (#6 today)...this is the BIG 12 Title game...they should both come in undefeated, and it can go either way.

It ain't easy for OU to get to the NC game but at the same time it isn't impossible, the Big XII schedule isn't a joke
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #718
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
Yeah, my sister graduated from TT. She was pretty quiet tonight actually, LOL.

Ok, just wanted to make sure that all the Horns/Sooners fans in here know that the only Aggie fan present isn't stupid enough to run his mouth when he has no place to run it.

The Horns this year are too much of an unknown and still trying to find themselves with all new coordinators and mostly freshman/sophmore players... they are still dangerous.

They will learn the hard way and be in the title picture over the next 3-5 years because Mack Brown can recruit if nothing else.

I'll call it now, the Big XII champ is going to come down to the winner of the Bedlam game in Stillwater, barring a surprise from a visiting team.

OU's ramaing schedule...

Oct 22 TTU @ OU
Oct 29 OU @ K State (#20 today) Scrappy little F'ers!
Nov 05 TAMU (#24 today) @ OU...if A&M fixes their secondary, this is a good game.
Nov 12 ...Bye week... good timing!
Nov 19 OU @ Baylor (#25 today) RG3 is a passing monster... just sayin'
Nov 26 OU v Iowa St... You get lazy and they can bit you int the ass!
Dec 03 OU @ OSU (#6 today)...this is the BIG 12 Title game...they should both come in undefeated, and it can go either way.

It ain't easy for OU to get to the NC game but at the same time it isn't impossible, the Big XII schedule isn't a joke
Yes I agree with you some people just do not take defeat well at all.

A&M always puts up a good fight either at home or away so that will be a good game.

The Baylor game....one word BLITZ!

The OSU game sucks because we have had them @ OSU the last couple of years now...horrible scheduling. If everything plays out right your correct this could be for the big 12 title.
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #719
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
oh you poor, pathetic soul. I'm not the one that posted all the anti-texass propaganda this whole week prior to the game today.
We [OU fans] were talking about today's game results/celebrating our victory. Apparently you are such a poor loser you have to revert back to past history with the old "why the SEC won the last five NCs blah...blah...blah." Dude, the fact is, your poonhornies got spanked TODAY; quit living in the "SEC past". Seems you like to fall back on that tired and worn out SEC rhetoric every chance you get.
Please read the two OU fans post below, and try to learn about football. You said "Seems you like to fall back on that tired and worn out SEC rhetoric every chance you get."....that comment just shows me you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Read Pooner, read! I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand!! I will type slower if it will help you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
My humble take on the game.

OU only rushed 16 times and UT rushed 32 times. (45 times if you count the QBs) Ut ends up with only 32 rushing yards but counting sacks and fumbes they were tackled for a total of -87 yards. OU ends up with 86 yards but 64 was on one long run. So Texas LOST more yard than OU gained. LMAO

OU will be fine running. The pass was there and they mostly stayed between the tackles running to keep the D honest. The focus was not on running.

Now......

Both teams had 22 first downs. So UT was able to move the ball but when the plays didn't go right ... they REALLY didn't go right. Big sacks, tunovers, things that a young team do to lose games.

As a fan, I tend to be as critical on both sides. Pros and cons.

OUs defensive secondary is suspect. They can be good, but they quit on plays. LSU and BAMA close games out in the 4th quarter. They dont' allow the stupid sloppy points to be had by opposing teams. Even in a route. I'm sick of seeing it. Not greedy, just sick of them quiting while there is still time on the clock. To me they are tell tell signs of something bigger.

Florida State is showing us they weren't as good as we thought while teams like West Viginia and Oregon are still winning. Missouri gave OU fits and they aren't very good either.

Bottom line, while I'm super stoked that OU won this game, I think Bama and LSU deserve to be ranked 1 and 2.

OU can beat both of them, but it'll take a great game from them.
Great game PQ, I agree with all that you have said. I want to see OU kick some SEC A$$. With a balanced attack....they might just do it. Sorry my Freshmen did not produce.....next year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplhester View Post
I agree OU can win it all. But it won't be easy and Stoops better keep them focused. That seems to be our downfall in the big games is lack of focus.
I think all Big12 teams need to learn from their past SEC failures. Focus and a balanced attack will get OU in NCG!! Good Luck!

Last edited by PonyMan; 10-09-2011 at 07:58 AM.
PonyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #720
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I know, but I'm gonna enjoy this one right now.
Now time for sparty .
This will be a tough game. Must stop the turn overs
Go blue!

skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #721
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
Now time for sparty .
This will be a tough game. Must stop the turn overs
Go blue!
I've been waiting all year for this game. This BS 3 game Sparty winning streak has to come to an end next Saturday.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #722
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
I've been waiting all year for this game. This BS 3 game Sparty winning streak has to come to an end next Saturday.
AMEN baby!!!

Go Blue!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #723
skar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
We have about 30 of us going to tail gate in east Lansing.
Then watch game in a bar/ restaurant.
Few spartans among us but majority are wolverine fans.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #724
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Lucky! I don't get that luxury living where I live. BUT, I will be making the trip this year to the Big House for The Game. Can't wait!

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #725
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSokie View Post
Well said!

Thank you!

sent you a PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #726
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Pq nailed it OU has the talent to win a championship but what will win it for them this year is for the coaches to get them to realize that you gotta finish.
You gotta go full throttle 100% of the time 1 slip up could cost u the game.

The sec has more to lose than OU does IMO in the big game that's a winning streak and you know they want it.
Also if it is lsu vs ou then keep in mind les miles has never beaten ou ( when he coached at okie St that's why he lost his job ) so he would want it also.

Finish hard balanced ball game and penalty/turnover free it should be good.

Watch out for the last game of the season okie St is for real so it seems.
UT will see this week.

Sad thing always about the RRR game everyone goes back to game plan for you on that game so from here on out it's time to show more new wrinkles and fix the problems.

Long season ahead.

Wtf OSU is your qb your whole team? For Nebraska to come back that's pathetic. Best thing IMO for Osu is to lose out and get another coach the buckeyes clearly don't have the pride they had the last few years.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #727
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

Wtf OSU is your qb your whole team? For Nebraska to come back that's pathetic. Best thing IMO for Osu is to lose out and get another coach the buckeyes clearly don't have the pride they had the last few years.
Or the body ink.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #728
skar

Funny!
If someone said Ohio St would be 0-2 in the big ten a year ago
they would of laughed there ass off.