Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #7827
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Whatever you use, practice your clear and draw with an empty weapon one million times.

When you do practice with live rounds, bring a friend. Just in case you put a round through your leg... and NO HOLLOW POINTS!!!

Pro's have done it. None of us are bulletproof.
We sent a guy home from a USPSA practice match a few weeks ago for having a AD three feet in front of him, guy has been shooting with us for over 15 years. It happens.....

Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire the weapon!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #7828
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
AD?
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #7829
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
AD?
AD = Accidental Discharge
ND = Negligent Discharge
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #7830
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
We sent a guy home from a USPSA practice match a few weeks ago for having a AD three feet in front of him, guy has been shooting with us for over 15 years. It happens.....

Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire the weapon!
I always told my kids an unloaded weapon is still loaded. My son used to mock me as he got older. One day he put a .22 round thru the ceiling from an "unloaded" rifle.

He understands now.

lib·er·ty
/ˈlibərdē/
noun
the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #7831
Donald

Drives: Just a dream...
Just picked up a J67.
Always wanted a bullpup. Downward ejection, uses 9mm Glock clips.
http://www.jardinc.com/jard-j67/

Now to find range time :-(
Attached Images

Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #7832
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
AD = Accidental Discharge
ND = Negligent Discharge
Yep same thing......and everyone keeps hollering at him now right when he is ready to begin a stage....KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER.....or .....DONT FINGER THAT TRIGGER!

Agree with Mr. Twisty, always treat any firearm as if it is loaded..always, even after you just cleared it. Pisses me off when the guy behind the counter at the LGS sweeps me with a gun. I am hey dont point that gun at me! usually get the but its unloaded, that's when I have to leave or
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:30 PM   #7833
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Yep same thing......and everyone keeps hollering at him now right when he is ready to begin a stage....KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER.....or .....DONT FINGER THAT TRIGGER!

Agree with Mr. Twisty, always treat any firearm as if it is loaded..always, even after you just cleared it. Pisses me off when the guy behind the counter at the LGS sweeps me with a gun. I am hey dont point that gun at me! usually get the but its unloaded, that's when I have to leave or
My bro in law teaches conceal carry..... "BOOGER HOOK OFF THE BANG SWITCH!"

This is for the Glock & clones folks... and another thing that makes the 1911 more appealing for me, all those extra safeties.

lib·er·ty
/ˈlibərdē/
noun
the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views
Old 09-15-2016, 10:58 PM   #7834
Dizzy82

I'm sorry but, you always look when you re-holster your firearm.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Old 09-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #7835
Dizzy82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Just picked up a J67.
Always wanted a bullpup. Downward ejection, uses 9mm Glock clips.
http://www.jardinc.com/jard-j67/

Now to find range time :-(
I love bullpups, but not a fan of that.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #7836
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
I wouldn't mind having a Tavor but not sure if i need to pay that for a gun when there are some options for much less. Right now the AR can be had for under $700. Still not sure if i want one though.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #7837
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I'm sorry but, you always look when you re-holster your firearm.
Lots of folks don't. LOTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
I wouldn't mind having a Tavor but not sure if i need to pay that for a gun when there are some options for much less. Right now the AR can be had for under $700. Still not sure if i want one though.
A bone stock Russkie AK may be the better investment gun... for now. (Import laws)

lib·er·ty
/ˈlibərdē/
noun
Old 09-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #7838
iCandi

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS vert m6
I love my Tavor. I actually prefer it over my AR. It's also non-restricted, where the AR is restricted (because Canadian gun laws make sense....NOT), so I'm not limited to just taking it to a range.

Name:  CNPrange02.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  275.9 KB
iCandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #7839
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I would stick with an AR or AK instead as well. I only bring this up because I was curious about the bullpup design first. I wondered why no one really used the bull pups in competitions if they were a better design. This is the information I found out. In reality it does not work that great for me and in 5.56 really no advantages. The mag being behind the hand grip just makes it more time consuming to change mags. Where your AK and AR set up you never have to move the gun your hands are already there so you stay on target easier. Also my AR's have the same style hand grip as my 1911 and springfield pistols. Looks cool though. Just my personal preference for me. Maybe for some one smaller it may make a bigger difference but 5.56 set up right has little recoil.

I was just looking for a Scar -17 and decided for what I want I ended up with this:

POF 308 NP3 with NP3 foreguard 20" Waiting on a leupold scope to try it out to 1,000 yards. So far really nice and clean up is ridiculously easy like my fail zero bolt in my tactical Machining AR. The other nice thing with this piston system is you can adjust for different loads. Suppressed or full powder.
Attached Images

Last edited by drivingagain; 09-16-2016 at 03:52 PM.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #7840
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCandi View Post
I love my Tavor. I actually prefer it over my AR. It's also non-restricted, where the AR is restricted (because Canadian gun laws make sense....NOT), so I'm not limited to just taking it to a range.

Attachment 821151
Beautiful gun and awesome background! Is that your back yard? My back yard has a wall about 20 feet from the door and dog poop on the ground. I like the AR, I just don't want one. I have a AK and Mini 30 and they both do well but I'm looking for something different. I checked out the IWC Galil and a Sig 556.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun