Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #71
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
I'm thankful I don't have your problem. I let her know what I plan to buy for mine before I do just to get her input. She isn't into the whole car modding thing, and didn't understand why I had to have a supercharger, but she said that it was my car and to do whatever made me happy. She will occasionally roll her eyes and laugh when I tell her about finding something else I want for the car, but she knows I make sure our bills are taken care of before I go putting money into the car. I'm lucky to have such a wonderful and understanding partner.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #72
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I would tell the in-law to shut her pie hole because it's none of her business ,and I would tell your wife to get over it unless your spending the next mortgage payment or the kids next supper.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #73
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Every relationship has differences. It's bridging those differences that makes the relationship work. Example:

I usually watch MMA in the media room while she watches the cooking channel in the bedroom.
I get to bed and she complaints she's hungry until I put a rear naked choke on her and put her to sleep.

Now that's Lo..........Lovvvvv.......Luuuuuu.......the "L" word! snort....

as for money we settle into our own comfort zones on this matter. Separate? Combined? whatever makes the marriage work for the 2 peeps and it's agreed on with no animosity...those that think otherwise are not being objective and want things there way and that brings me to my motto "Be reasonable ....see it my way"......my2
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #74
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
We have a very good understanding with money, we don't have any, so no spare money for mods.We just do make enough to pay the bills and get some food. The car was bought by my Mother n law to replace my older car that got totaled.
Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #75
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
You have to ask for permission from your wife to buy things for your car?

lol.. you're 'whipped'! Does she let you drive it sometimes, too?
NOTHING wrong with being Whipped as long as it's the right one whipping you!!!
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #76
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
We have a very good understanding with money, we don't have any, so no spare money for mods.We just do make enough to pay the bills and get some food. The car was bought by my Mother n law to replace my older car that got totaled.
Wow, now that's a great MIL! I have a rich friend that's going though a nasty divorce, they had separate accounts and I tell him everyday that there are some advantages to being poor.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #77
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Wow, now that's a great MIL! I have a rich friend that's going though a nasty divorce, they had separate accounts and I tell him everyday that there are some advantages to being poor.
I wouldn't consider spyderbuddy as being "poor". A camaro and on the internet.....I was in his shoes once. I slept on the floor for a few months after I finished college and it took me a while to make ends meet.
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #78
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I try to remember that it takes 2 to disagree and it takes 2 to compromise. I'm a big believer in talking things through and, more importantly, listening and actually hearing your partner's point of view... then buy the part for the Camaro.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #79
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
uhm, that sucks !! i wouldn't put up with that for a second. if that's the way your marriage works then good luck.

another vote in my book for not getting married lololol
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #80
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicide View Post
Im lucky my wife enjoys our camaro as much as I do. She constantly tells me the next upgrades we need to get, she agrees all our extra spending money goes to the car hah...and some remodeling. but ill give her that......
It's great when both enjoy the same hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Myles View Post

If you don't love your wife enough to trust her and share things with her, then why in the hell did you marry her..? Every married couple I know that has "his money" and "her money" never seem to be truly happy with each other. This is just an observation of mine on a limited number of couples, but they all have one thing in common....they don't spend much time with each other.

I can understand one person "handling" the finances, but that's it. Rule of thumb.....If you have to hide it from her, you probably shouldn't be doing in the first place.

M
You bring up a very good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
People just need to do what works for them. There is no blue print on how it will work for each couple. The most important thing is to love and respect your spouse and the rest will take care of itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98nosz28 View Post
I did the same thing at christmas. i ordered in a set of 22's custom painted with rubber. I got them and was going to put them out christmas morning and say look what santa brought me. I got caught by the brokerage bill that came. She ordered me a heritage grill for christmas and paid the brokerage at the post office, so when a broker bill came she thought she was getting charged again. she got over it in a few minutes, considering she drives it to work almost everyday in the summer she should not complain.

most major purchases are discussed b4 buying them it is just a mutual respect for each other. I would not want her to go out at drop 4g's of our disposable income without asking so why would i.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRoFreK View Post
LOL my wife was on youtube looking up exhaust systems telling me what one to get for my car.....Oh I Love my wife..... Glad she loves my hobbies and contributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
1) Make enough money so it doesn't matter
2) Have her make enough money so it doesn't matter
3) Travel, date, and make sure she has her car the way she wants it so it doesn't matter.
4) Tell her, show her, and make her believe that she is still as perfect as the day you met, even when you know better so it doesn't matter.
5) Make her first so that whatever is second doesn't matter.
Are you married?...
Oh, wait... I'm married... nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I try to remember that it takes 2 to disagree and it takes 2 to compromise. I'm a big believer in talking things through and, more importantly, listening and actually hearing your partner's point of view... then buy the part for the Camaro.
I totally agree with your comments here It takes two to make a great marriage, but it only takes one to ruin it.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #81
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post

I totally agree with your comments here It takes two to make a great marriage, but it only takes one to ruin it.

That is very philosophical and oh so true...

and yes, I'm qualified to say that as I've been happily married for 23 years and still going strong.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #82
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
uhm, that sucks !! i wouldn't put up with that for a second. if that's the way your marriage works then good luck.
another vote in my book for not getting married lololol
i feel sorry for you, an object like a car coming before someone who is supposed to hold a higher level than your parents....
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #83
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Talking Thass hella funny, bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
My wife supports me 101%. She says "Honey get it for your car don't worry about the cost" then I let her out of the closet....snort...

So you have 2 choices go buy some more goodies and not make peace with the wify...she probably won't talk to you for weeks...or make peace and get along..."go buy more goodies"...snort....

really though you should take her for a long walk some night and tell her how you feel......you might get lucky and she won't find her way back....drumm.....tish............................ .tish......
I like the part about not finding her way back...
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #84
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Puttin' out lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
Every relationship has differences. It's bridging those differences that makes the relationship work. Example:

I usually watch MMA in the media room while she watches the cooking channel in the bedroom.
I get to bed and she complaints she's hungry until I put a rear naked choke on her and put her to sleep.

Now that's Lo..........Lovvvvv.......Luuuuuu.......the "L" word! snort....

as for money we settle into our own comfort zones on this matter. Separate? Combined? whatever makes the marriage work for the 2 peeps and it's agreed on with no animosity...those that think otherwise are not being objective and want things there way and that brings me to my motto "Be reasonable ....see it my way"......my2
Dude, I hear ya' about the chokin' her out of her complaining. Doin' it when she's lying down is important. If ya' put her out while she's standin' you gotta' catch her before she hits the floor. Contusions and memories from the event then need to be explained; it can be awkward...
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote