Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #71
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I just checked my pre-order at Gamestop.com for GT5 CE which I pre-ordered all the way back in June and now it says "Backordered". WTF? Guess I'm not getting it this weekend
There's your problem right there.

In all seriousness though, brick and mortar stores are better to pre-order IMO. Or if you have to order online (and you aren't a whore for that BS you get when you specifically pre-order from someplace) go with Amazon. Their customer service is really top notch. If there is a problem with your order they will usually give you something for the trouble.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #72
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
If you want the RS package HID headlights, you're gonna have to buy the Need For Speed Hot Pursuit game. LOL!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #73
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post

In all seriousness though, brick and mortar stores are better to pre-order IMO. Or if you have to order online (and you aren't a whore for that BS you get when you specifically pre-order from someplace) go with Amazon. Their customer service is really top notch. If there is a problem with your order they will usually give you something for the trouble.
Yeah I just didn't want to or have time to battle with the geeks waiting for it in line. I would rather just have it shipped, arrive at my house on the weekend and go with it.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #74
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Luckily the Gamestop by my job had one left I spoke to the manager and he is holding it for me. Note to self never again pre-order from Gamestop online.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #75
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My preorder is at Bestbuy, where they just installed these preorder computers for you to use. It worked well.... except for the fact the "Estimated Arrival" date on the print out says Dec. 31, 2010.

Its all good though. They actually have hundreds of the game in the back and I was the first one to use their pre order machine.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #76
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
My preorder is at Bestbuy, where they just installed these preorder computers for you to use. It worked well.... except for the fact the "Estimated Arrival" date on the print out says Dec. 31, 2010.

Its all good though. They actually have hundreds of the game in the back and I was the first one to use their pre order machine.
Ever since Best Buy updated there Pre Order process I have dumped Game Stop as my game store. Game Stop never got enough product to cover pre orders and I missed out on quite a few launches. For the past 2-3 years I have pre-ordered numerous games from Best Buy and never had an issue. They always had the game at the Customer Service Desk, now their Dot Com pickup area.

On top of that any preorders automatically get a $10 reward coupon in addition to the points you get for the game. So I cash those coupons in the next time I order a different game. I have paid $49 or less for games from them for quite some time.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #77
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:

When I preordered GT5 on Amazon, I got a $10 coupon which I used on Modern Warfare 2, which just shows how long the damn game has been delayed.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #78
Rogey89
ZL 1 3 7

Drives: '23 ZL1
looks like its a 1SS in the game... hopefully you can add the RS package at the North American Chevy dealer...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #79
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
No RS package?

This looks exactly like forza 3... but forza 3 has an SS/RS

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #80
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
One of my friends ordered from Amazon, and actually got his GT5 today. He was playing it a couple hours ago before I left for work. so if you pre-ordered fro amazon, you could get it today.

TEAM LS3!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #81
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
Pre-ordered mine from the local gamestop store.. The guys in there are really nice and actually smart concerning games unlike most other gamestop stores I've been to. Planning on swinging by tonight and going to try and talk 'em into giving me my CE at 10 when they close instead of waiting till 10 on wednesday.

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #82
Senojelyk

You might be able to upgrade them in the game.. GT has always had an in-depth performance/visual upgrade system. From what I've seen there isn't a specific spot for headlights, but there is a complete racing package you can buy and that might do it.. lets hope so anyway.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #83
Senojelyk

Quote:
I think that might be a bit skewed given where this discussion is taking place. But you're right, they could do that. Just like they could not have any American cars in there at all and make us pay for them for DLC or something.
That's the big thing.. this is an American Muscle car forum.. nobody cares about 15 skylines.. lol.

BUT.. remember who and where this game is made. A Japanese guy with a Japanese developer making a game in Japan.. thats why there are tons of skylines, civics, lancers.. and whatnot. For us.. we'd want 10 camaros not 10 skylines but in Japan its the opposite.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #84
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Oh...nice!

I can't wait to buy this game!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote