Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-28-2016, 12:45 PM   #71
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Just because it's newer, na, C5 really has better looks.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #72
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I would want to see actual numbers for the Gen 6 1LE before I make that decision. If they are that much better (as claimed) and I can work a deal to keep payments the same or close, then the answer is.......maybe!

PS: Plus the Gen 6's have a catch can, and you all know how important that is to me!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:43 PM   #73
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Damn, 13 million miles. That must be a record.
Some say he hasn't lifted his foot off the gas since the day he bought his car in 2010.

I think that as far as the 6th gen goes, price is definitely a factor to some, but it's not as important as you'd think. It's a better performing car and the interior is worlds better than the 5th gen, but as others said, the 5th get already filled the niche pretty well after the nameplate went on an extended hiatus. Currently owners are really hesitant to "upgrade" because they really love their car, and there's an awesome aftermarket community that will keep interest going for years. (Side note: If you're one of the few people in this world with a stock 2010 2SS, you may want to keep it that way. I'm sure it'll be one of the last on earth in short time, lol.)

Right now, a lot of us are nearing the bottom of the depreciation curve at 5+ years. It will be pretty cool if these one day become classics, but that's at least a couple decades away. What I feel strongly, however, is that history will view the 5th gen as being more iconic than the 6th gen. It just overflows with character and was the vision of a concept that people wanted to get their hands on for so long. Faster 0-60 times and a nicer dashboard in the 6th gen won't really be considered that important in the passage of time, since those aspects are almost guaranteed to get get better across all classes of cars with each generation. It's become the sort of thing that's generally expected at minimum from buyers. Nothing ground-breaking in that respect.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote