Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #71
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
I don't know why you guys are so defensive about this topic lol. Let me guess, and in 5 years, they SS will be 900hp and the z/28 will be 1100hp? No. I am going to laugh when it comes out that the z/28 will have no more than 500hp.
We're not defensive, in fact i somewhat agreed with you, just some people take it a little more personally than it should be, lol...but my best estimate would be a 550hp Z/28, i mean is it that big of a stretch to estimate? the GT500 already has 550hp so why does it seem so outlandish? I could see a 500-550hp Z28 but as ive said before i think GM will focus a lot of their resources on weight reduction, so most likely the Z28 will come up weighing less than the GT500 (at least for the first year or two)
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #72
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
And how wrong would they have been? haha, just the year after Ford responds by dropping the 400hp 5.0 (estimated, it will most likely make more than that) and the 315hp V6, soi could see a 550-600hp Z/28 just to up the anti on the GT500 a little, but i wouldnt be surprised if Ford brought the GT500 up to 600hp soon after (but what would happen to the name!?! LOL GT600?)
I said within 2 years. a year is with in. and who knows what's going to happen with the price and performance of that car. from what I've read about the track pack stang it's barely holding on going through the corners. the suspension would need to be revised again. uping the cost a little also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
I don't know why you guys are so defensive about this topic lol. Let me guess, and in 5 years, they SS will be 900hp and the z/28 will be 1100hp? No. I am going to laugh when it comes out that the z/28 will have no more than 500hp.
I'm going to laugh if you're wrong also. childish seriously. point being the test mule that was runing around had a supercharged V-8 in it (back before the Z was put on the shelf). so with indicators that have been around for a while now about the Z it would appear you'd be wrong. but like we've both admitted there's nothing solid on this car and you could be right. just indicators are not adding up to what you are saying.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #73
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I said within 2 years. a year is with in. and who knows what's going to happen with the price and performance of that car. from what I've read about the track pack stang it's barely holding on going through the corners. the suspension would need to be revised again. uping the cost a little also.

I'm going to laugh if you're wrong also. childish seriously. point being the test mule that was runing around had a supercharged V-8 in it (back before the Z was put on the shelf). so with indicators that have been around for a while now about the Z it would appear you'd be wrong. but like we've both admitted there's nothing solid on this car and you could be right. just indicators are not adding up to what you are saying.
lol, i was agreeing with you dude...right now all GM has to work with is the GT500 (as ironic as that sounds) its the only benchmark they have so the Z28 will of course be comparative to it, the price will be similar, the power will be similar, and the all around performance and features will be similar, although if GM sticks with its current trend the Camaro should up the power on the Mustang by a few horses (seen a 100hp increase on each model so far) im not saying it'll be a 650hp car im just tossing around ideas...as for thre track pack ive actually heard some really good things about it, ive also heard the Camaro is expected to get a track pack soon (woot LOL)
Old 11-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #74
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
lol, i was agreeing with you dude...right now all GM has to work with is the GT500 (as ironic as that sounds) its the only benchmark they have so the Z28 will of course be comparative to it, the price will be similar, the power will be similar, and the all around performance and features will be similar, although if GM sticks with its current trend the Camaro should up the power on the Mustang by a few horses (seen a 100hp increase on each model so far) im not saying it'll be a 650hp car im just tossing around ideas...as for thre track pack ive actually heard some really good things about it, ive also heard the Camaro is expected to get a track pack soon (woot LOL)
the last article I read about the track pack mustang was that it was great but even the experienced drive was getting the ass end to slide around (controlled) but still making darn good times on the track. now imagine more hp in the corner. with the brembo's it's suppose to get I can see the cornering ability staying the same but straight away picking up quite abit.

I hadn't heard anything about the camaro getting a track pack. but that would be cool.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #75
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I posted this in another thread but, let's assume all the detail and information given are true.

The same motor situation that would be found in the Z/28 and CTS-V, given they put the LSA into the Z/28, can be found in the base Corvette and Camaro SS. Both the Corvette and the SS use the LS3, with the Corvette having only (according to Chevrolet.com) 4 more horses and around 4 lb/ft of torque. But the acceleration difference that is seen is mostly due to one factor, weight. The Corvette weighs nearly 700 lbs less than the Camaro. This obviously isn't the only road that can be taken to achieve better performance numbers, however, I believe GM will just increase it's HP and Torque ratings.

The CTS-V and Corvette have comparable 1/4 times, with both clocking in mid to low 12's, despite the $15,000 price difference. By observing this one can say GM has no problem making cars with a huge price difference perform similarly, but you don't buy the Cadillac for performance. You buy the Cadillac for luxury, while you buy the Corvette for performance. This observation can also be used to justify the Z/28 will perform just as good as the base Corvette and CTS-V, if not better, despite the price differences between the two vehicles.

Now if make a Z/28 that comes in around $45,000 dollars, there will have to be something to differentiate the Z/28 and Corvette in terms of performance. I say the Z/28 may match it, if not better the Corvette in the 1/4 mile, but I do not believe it will outdo the car in a road course.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #76
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I don't think there has even been the hint at a stripper model like you're thinking. Personally, I think there is a stronger market for a car with good content, as long as it handles really good. Z28 has always been about handling, so I certainly don't think they should loose sight of that, for sure.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #77
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I don't think there has even been the hint at a stripper model like you're thinking. Personally, I think there is a stronger market for a car with good content, as long as it handles really good. Z28 has always been about handling, so I certainly don't think they should loose sight of that, for sure.
who you talkin to willis? lol.

I know I don't think it will be a stripper. what I'm thinkin is the LSA and about $48k maybe a little more or less.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #78
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
who you talkin to willis? lol.

I know I don't think it will be a stripper. what I'm thinkin is the LSA and about $48k maybe a little more or less.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #79
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post

although not what I want. I've come to accept it.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #80
BigDan

Drives: bug
Thumbs up

Here is what happens when you put an auto behind a LS7. 1.2 60 foot

AUTO'S RULE

BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #81
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

not stock but yea. great for bracket racing.

Last edited by boxmonkeyracing; 11-28-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #82
Vega

Yeah im a bigger fan of the LS7 over the LSA, it would make the Z/28 unique instead of just being a re-badged CTS-V with a body kit and less luxury, plus we've already seen a mass horde of supercharged LS3 Camaros, the last thing i wanna see is a mass produced version -_-'

As for the 1LE, there's been a lot of talk about it from fans and such but there's not been any comment on it actually being considered, and i doubt it even will be with how prissy the standards for a muscle car are now, its gotten pretty rediculous really, if you dont have remote start, sunroof, 9-12 speaker 1000 watt stereo, heated 8-way leather seats, and on-screen navigation then its not even worth buying apparently, lol, its pretty retarded in my oppinion and goes against everything a "muscle car" is supposed to be (that being stripped down, bare bones performance) my big quote is "if you want a muscle car buy a Camaro, if you want a luxury car but a Cadillac" ...for everyone that wants all that extra crap buy the CTS-V, its got all the performance and accomodations you could ask for, but leave the bells and whistles off our muscle cars so we dont have to pay $7k extra for all that stuff cause for most of us that forces us to opt for the V6 >={ and id love to see a 1LE package, id be on the order list for sure...and honestly when was the 1LE package ever a big seller? haha the two times it was offered you'd think it was considered a government secret with how hush-hush it was LOL
Old 11-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #83
Vega

Quote:
the last article I read about the track pack mustang was that it was great but even the experienced drive was getting the ass end to slide around (controlled) but still making darn good times on the track. now imagine more hp in the corner. with the brembo's it's suppose to get I can see the cornering ability staying the same but straight away picking up quite abit.

I hadn't heard anything about the camaro getting a track pack. but that would be cool.
A lotta people talk about the Mustang's track pack like its not all that great, but then again i wonder if they actually compared the track pack model to the non-track pack model ya know? lol, it might help a lot they just dont know the difference, personally i only really care about the 3.73 gearing that comes with it anyways...ive heard from a few places that the Camaro might get a track pack option, i think Edmunds might have said something about it a while ago, idk, i wish they would though itd be pretty sweet, especially if you could get 3.73 or better gears with it
Old 11-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #84
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Hey brjray,mines a 1972 Z28, and it makes 500 plus, and yes youre right it doesnt run like a 6cylinder. Ya wanna come over and play?
Attached Images

anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote