Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-04-2015, 09:45 AM   #71
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman077 View Post
Torque in 1st gear. 3.91 gears make a huge difference. Also i thought the ride quality would be rougher with this suspension. Very impressed.
If first gear felt better, its because of better traction from the Goodyears or a placebo effect (assuming manual to manual). The ratio in first gear between the SS and the 1LE are almost identical (due to different transmissions). Same HP and same ratio means it was something else, or you imagined it.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #72
tonymac

Drives: '14 Blk SS 2SS/RS 1LE - SOLD :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver 1LE View Post
My wife has a 2010 IOM 2SS and due to me hitting top speed, without her knowing until she overheard me tell her brother, she would not allow me to drive her car again. So I told her I would just buy my own. I pondered with the idea of buying a brand new SS and buying a slightly used SS with a supercharger. After two failed attempts on two really great deals I stumbled across the 2SS 1LE. I had no idea what a 1LE was so I begun the research. After reading what the 1LE package is I set out to find one. I located a blue 1LE and just missed it by two hours. I search for a week and found my Girl. i called the dealer 15 minutes before they closed to see if they still had the car, and they did. I told the salesman I would be there when they opened in the morning. My car was listed as a 2014 with 5,000mi for $39,000 and no aftermarket parts.

I drove 3.5hrs to the dealer and after meeting with the salesman I had to use the restroom. The salesman told me he would bring the car around. I heard an odd noise as I was in the restroom and when I opened the restroom door I heard a bad@$$ exhaust and the lope of a cam. I walked out the door to see my LE ROCKING! The hood was up and there was a ECS supercharger. The previous owner bought the car, had East Texas Muscle Cars install the 750hp Stage 6 package, drove it for four months to and from work, then decided he didn't like driving it in traffic. The previous owner done everything I wanted to do for me. I have had the car four months and just thinking of my Girl I grin. She is not my daily driver, I race her on the road course when I can, and she takes me and my wonderful wife out on date night. This car is absolutely spectacular in power, handling, and looks. I grin ear to ear when I'm sitting at red lights because of all the guys and girls drooling when they look at her.
Did you by chance buy that car in Longview? If so, I almost bought that car! Ended up deciding against the SC since the car would be my DD.
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #73
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman077 View Post
Torque in 1st gear. 3.91 gears make a huge difference. Also i thought the ride quality would be rougher with this suspension. Very impressed.
3.91 gear is a major plus but 1st gear isn't my favorite. I love the 3 / 4 upshift from about 50mph to 80mph. Stomp and go / pulls like crazy in the max torque range. Love this car.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #74
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
3.91 gear is a major plus but 1st gear isn't my favorite. I love the 3 / 4 upshift from about 50mph to 80mph. Stomp and go / pulls like crazy in the max torque range. Love this car.
I am not trying to be snarky, but please explain to me the major plus of the 3.91 gears. The difference in the 3/4 upshift in a 1LE over a standard SS is as much the different gears in the transmission gears as it is the 3.91's in the back.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #75
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I am not trying to be snarky, but please explain to me the major plus of the 3.91 gears. The difference in the 3/4 upshift in a 1LE over a standard SS is as much the different gears in the transmission gears as it is the 3.91's in the back.
shorter gears are better for acceleration. taller gearing is for freeway cruising.
hope this helps...
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #76
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
SNARKY!!!!! Lol
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #77
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
shorter gears are better for acceleration. taller gearing is for freeway cruising.
hope this helps...
I think you missed my point. I get all that you said. I was trying to point out that though the rear gears in a 1LE, what I think you are calling shorter gears (a higher ratio), are indeed different, so are the gears in the transmission compared to that of a regular SS's transmission. That being said, final drive ratio for first, fifth, and sixth are identical (or very close to it) for the SS and the 1LE. The differences in the two cars is 2 through 4, which are much closer in ratio in the 1LE, which works much better on the road course. You may know all this, and if you do I am sorry. I just get the impression that many see the 1LE with 3.91 rear gears, and don't get that the transmission has changed as well. It is not like 3.91's replaced the 3.45's, and thats the only change. That change would make a big mechanical advantage / improvement for a regular SS.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #78
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I ordered my car on 09/23/14, she was assembled on 10/13/14 and arrived on 12/01/14. The dealer activated the Onstar in October so when they unloaded the railcars in Birmingham, AL in mid-november I could track the location of my car. I showed up at the dealership late-morning on 12/01/14 and the manager said it isn't here yet and I responded that it would be in about 30 seconds. I have video of the tractor trailer pulling into the dealership. I picked her up that night and felt like a little kid on Christmas morning. I had to get used to the clutch and shifts, but it was exhilerating!!! I put the Corsa Performance quad-tip exhaust on and still enjoy hearing the cold-start every morning!!! What a machine!!! And in response to "it's just a car"... is my wife on the forum...ughCause it's so much more than that.
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #79
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerBox View Post
I think some people get alittle crazy with the "No one drives my car". It's a car.
Alright... I had the quote wrong, but this still sounds like something my wife would say... Well her LTZ Tahoe is hers and she can let whomever she wants drive it, but I have both sets of key to my 1LE because mine IS so much more than "just a car." To each his own and if yours is just a car to you, that's fine because it's yours. But I still think my wife has infiltrated the forum and is trying to plant subliminal messages in my head!!!
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #80
brendentx

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
First Impression was..."I cant wait for the smell of the welds to go away"
brendentx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #81
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
I had the pleasure of test driving a 2015 1LE this past Saturday. It was a 2SS with the Recaro seats... Such a sexy beast. Unfortunately I was denied by the banks, I guess I'm stuck with a LS.
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:27 PM   #82
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamRamRo View Post
I had the pleasure of test driving a 2015 1LE this past Saturday. It was a 2SS with the Recaro seats... Such a sexy beast. Unfortunately I was denied by the banks, I guess I'm stuck with a LS.
What did you think of the recaros? I have no idea if I should order mine with them or not!
mbowen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #83
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowen89 View Post
What did you think of the recaros? I have no idea if I should order mine with them or not!
I do not know how big of a person you are, but if you are of size, they are too narrow. Just keep that in mind.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #84
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I do not know how big of a person you are, but if you are of size, they are too narrow. Just keep that in mind.
Translation: do you have a fat ass?

If yes, steer away from the Recaro's.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote