Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #71
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Well, my saga continues So after getting my baby back last week from the dealer having her all week, and replacing the clutch master. The 1st time i was able to actually drive her was a couple days later, and after "1" spirited hard braking and downshifting 3rd, 2nd my clutch pedal stuck to the floor. I went straight back and my baby has been there all week. I heard from the dealer today and they are trying to tell my my throw out bearing etc. might be getting hot and that's not covered under warranty....i dont think so!!!!!!! As i drove her home and was getting on the frwy i went hard thru 2nd, 3rd gear and my clutch pedal went "hard" and basically lost feeling. She is in the garage and safe haha! They also told me to drive my car gentler are you kidding. Im not hard on my car. You dont tell a Vette guy, you dont tell a Z/28 guy, you dont tell a Porsche guy, ETC. to drive you car like a Sonic, or a Geo metro. There is a reason we bought these cars, and they need to perform on demand not just once in a while.The service manager is on vacation so i will have to talk with him next week, but i already feel them distancing from fixing my 1LE's failure.

Last edited by cornerspeed92; 11-25-2014 at 12:58 PM.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #72
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Well, my saga continues So after getting my baby back last week from the dealer having her all week, and replacing the clutch master. The 1st time i was able to actually drive her was a couple days later, and after "1" spirited hard braking and downshifting 3rd, 2nd my clutch pedal stuck to the floor. I went straight back and my baby has been there all week. I heard from the dealer today and they are trying to tell my my throw out bearing etc. might be getting hot and that's not covered under warranty....i dont think so!!!!!!! As i drove her home and was getting on the frwy i went hard thru 2nd, 3rd gear and my clutch pedal went "hard" and basically lost feeling. She is in the garage and safe haha! The service manager is on vacation so i will have to have words with him next week, but i already feel them distancing from fixing my 1LE's failure.
For sure! If GM builds a track friendly car did they expect us to take the 1LE just to the supermarket?
Old 11-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #73
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
why would a throw out bearing be outside of the warrantee?
that makes no sense. like you said, they are trying to get away from something that they don't know how to fix.
my vote is on a bad/damaged slave
Old 11-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #74
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
that makes no sense. like you said, they are trying to get away from something that they don't know how to fix.
+1. But consider OP an aftermarket setup is a big step up for Camaros.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #75
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
Indeed, it must be the slave cylinder. That's what gets damaged when clutch is used with overly contaminated fluid for a long time. We had that issue on our C5 Z06; new slave cylinder solved it.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #76
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Indeed, it must be the slave cylinder. That's what gets damaged when clutch is used with overly contaminated fluid for a long time. We had that issue on our C5 Z06; new slave cylinder solved it.
I think you hit it on the head. From what i am seeing this is what it is. You are correct the C5 and most later Corvette's and Camaro's have the same issue. The slave can easily get damaged from dirty fluid. Seen many post on this. The inner's are pretty delicate and don't take much to screw them up. This is why keeping the Fluid Clean is a Must.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #77
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I would if the ZL1's suffer from this same issue?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #78
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I would if the ZL1's suffer from this same issue?
Why do you think ZL1 does not? Unless there's something special about the ZL1, ALL LS engines suffer from this, including Z/28.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #79
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Why do you think ZL1 does not? Unless there's something special about the ZL1, ALL LS engines suffer from this, including Z/28.
Yes it's a LS design flaw.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:16 PM   #80
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Well, my saga continues So after getting my baby back last week from the dealer having her all week, and replacing the clutch master. The 1st time i was able to actually drive her was a couple days later, and after "1" spirited hard braking and downshifting 3rd, 2nd my clutch pedal stuck to the floor. I went straight back and my baby has been there all week. I heard from the dealer today and they are trying to tell my my throw out bearing etc. might be getting hot and that's not covered under warranty....i dont think so!!!!!!! As i drove her home and was getting on the frwy i went hard thru 2nd, 3rd gear and my clutch pedal went "hard" and basically lost feeling. She is in the garage and safe haha! The service manager is on vacation so i will have to have words with him next week, but i already feel them distancing from fixing my 1LE's failure.
Where's William from Chevrolet? William, does this add up in your mind?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #81
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
if you knew how to drive...

The separate clutch reservoir is really about brake performance...

With the standard standard transmission on the LS3 some guys installed a heavy duty return spring on the clutch pedal for improved performance.

EDIT: As far as warranty.. I heard it out the mouth of the Chief Engineer himself. If something breaks on the track your covered! He also said that if any dealership tried to say otherwise have them contact him... I like Al.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #82
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Bummer to hear Mark. But I call BS on the throw out and agree with others on the slave. As far as the throw out bearing causing this? Well if the pedal assembly was faulty then it would have been causing unnecessary pressure on the system kind of like riding the clutch, in turn causing excess heat and wear. So wouldn't the warranted part be to blame for the over all issues??? Including expediting fluid break down and slave failure.

Now I know the main reason is the design and contaminated fluid but in response to their BS argument.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #83
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
Bummer to hear Mark. But I call BS on the throw out and agree with others on the slave. As far as the throw out bearing causing this? Well if the pedal assembly was faulty then it would have been causing unnecessary pressure on the system kind of like riding the clutch, in turn causing excess heat and wear. So wouldn't the warranted part be to blame for the over all issues??? Including expediting fluid break down and slave failure.

Now I know the main reason is the design and contaminated fluid but in response to their BS argument.
well the slave is the throw out on these cars but sounds like the dealer is trying to get out of it
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #84
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Where's William from Chevrolet? William, does this add up in your mind?