Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #71
firedruish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
I just read this whole thread and this is my worst nightmare come true. People always give me crap for not wanting to drive my car on a lengthy road trip or out of town for work related training. I always rent a car or use a work vehicle just for this reason. I always say I don't want to have someone hit me and my car is stuck in a body shop somewhere for weeks or months, never even thought about catastrophic mechanical failure.

Thanks for telling this story and sorry you had to go through this.

I sent you a PM.
I answered your PM..thanks

I love driving this car...and roads trip have been a fav!

On the positive side a box showed up from the alamosa dealer...my stuff found.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:27 PM   #72
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedruish View Post
I answered your PM..thanks

I love driving this car...and roads trip have been a fav!

On the positive side a box showed up from the alamosa dealer...my stuff found.
If you need cats or any part of the stock exhaust $100 for all of it. You pick up
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:34 PM   #73
firedruish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2hip8 View Post
If you need cats or any part of the stock exhaust $100 for all of it. You pick up
I wish I could pick up. Would you consider shipping? I live in Pierre SD and get one day off a week until we get staffed...not a possibility at this time.

Thanks - Liv
Old 12-27-2019, 08:28 AM   #74
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
The engine was installed on the 9th. Catalytic converters where found to be bad and according to the dealership they couldnt get new ones shipped in before I flew in on the 16th....@($*÷[#*@* so they hollowed out the cats and put simulators on it. The car is already throwing a CEL behind the o2 sensors..

I have driven the car the 732 miles home...under 4k rpm the entire way back and varied rpms. Fresh oil change now just trying to enjoy having the car back
Hmm no cats. Odd that the dealership was unwilling to put it back to OEM specs. Keep an eye on it; I would put cats back on it if you are not planning performance upgrades IMO. Good luck.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #75
firedruish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Hmm no cats. Odd that the dealership was unwilling to put it back to OEM specs. Keep an eye on it; I would put cats back on it if you are not planning performance upgrades IMO. Good luck.
It isn't that they wouldn't. For some unknown reason, despite getting the engine on Dec 9th and my flight in happening Dec 16th...they didn't find out the cats where bad until it was too late for GM to ship them new. The only option we had was to hollow them out. You would think after sitting on my car for 70 plus days they would have installed that engine and checked everything over with a fine toothed comb, in time, to order any additional needed parts...not calling me on the 13th with bad cats and GM can't ship us new in time

I am looking into putting oem back on or a tune. I need to get reimbursed as much as I can for this awful experience and then see where everything sits. I had a nice list of mods and intended to swap out with a tune and some nice free flows.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #76
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
It isn't that they wouldn't. For some unknown reason, despite getting the engine on Dec 9th and my flight in happening Dec 16th...they didn't find out the cats where bad until it was too late for GM to ship them new. The only option we had was to hollow them out. You would think after sitting on my car for 70 plus days they would have installed that engine and checked everything over with a fine toothed comb, in time, to order any additional needed parts...not calling me on the 13th with bad cats and GM can't ship us new in time

I am looking into putting oem back on or a tune. I need to get reimbursed as much as I can for this awful experience and then see where everything sits. I had a nice list of mods and intended to swap out with a tune and some nice free flows.
I could not agree with you more. Do not be shy in asking for re-imbursements for your time and suffering. Couple this with the fact that you will probably have to seek and install a cat system yourself.

Quite a few people ditch the cats for higher performance. In your case, I am not recommending that you run the engine without cats. The reason for this is because if you have another engine failure (it can happen), the insurance company and/or dealer will likely blame the absence of the cats as part of the cause. You do not want to have further complications in getting your car fixed; At least up to the point where you finally decide to unload it. Your car will be under a lot of scrutiny going forward. I know one of mine would, because if it wouldn't perform at least as well as it did before failure, I would surely get rid of it. The only problem is that getting rid of a car, whether by sale, trade or pushing it off a cliff, requires time and money. But that's life. I'm sure it will work out though.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:03 PM   #77
firedruish

Update -

April 25th rolls around and not only do I have day off, but I get to cruise with another camaro...amazing!!!!

until I realize Town and Country messed up my AC.... OMG I am so unbelievably mad at this point! AC was working perfectly that horrible Saturday...didn't need AC in SD until the 25th. Take the car to the local dealer....they didn't put the seal back in it. New compressor with seal installed correctly and recharge fees pending. I called Town and Country...not covered...got hung up on. Called Chevy again..still waiting.

At this point, I need new cats, new ac compressor installed and the system recharged...because the compressor died with no seal.

Here is the question...do I even want to bother with this car and Chevy ever again? Is it going to nickel and dime me to death because that dealership did shoddy work? Waiting for a call back from a Denver Attorney to get more information from them.