Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #71
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezima View Post
like what exactly, I know they can trace the name of the registration and get on dispatch and run your criminal record but on what grounds would a traffic stop take place?
to see if its stolen. people get all pissed off because there behind you and they are really helping you.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:57 AM   #72
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I've not had a problem. It greatly depends on how you are driving. If you are speeding or showing out then expect to get pulled over.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #73
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
6th gen getting pulled over
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #74
RaceFuel

Drives: A boring sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezima View Post
like what exactly, I know they can trace the name of the registration and get on dispatch and run your criminal record but on what grounds would a traffic stop take place?
All they need is PC (probable cause).

They might stop you to run your license and see if you have warrants, if you're supposed to be driving the car (IE you stole it) or such.

Most drivers, on a daily basis, can give a cop PC to do a stop..failure to signal, failure to come to a complete stop, etc.

Being polite, honest and to the point usually is enough to clear everything up and have you go on your way.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #75
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFuel View Post
All they need is PC (probable cause).

They might stop you to run your license and see if you have warrants, if you're supposed to be driving the car (IE you stole it) or such.

Most drivers, on a daily basis, can give a cop PC to do a stop..failure to signal, failure to come to a complete stop, etc.

Being polite, honest and to the point usually is enough to clear everything up and have you go on your way.
Agree with everything, except the last part. Cops must be nicer in your part of the woods.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #76
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
It's funny most people who complain about cops pulling them over often usually give them reasons. Excessive dark window tint, tint on lights, plate covers, loud exhaust, exhibition of speed. red or blue lights on the front of the car. All things they can give tickets out for.
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:20 PM   #77
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
It's funny most people who complain about cops pulling them over often usually give them reasons. Excessive dark window tint, tint on lights, plate covers, loud exhaust, exhibition of speed. red or blue lights on the front of the car. All things they can give tickets out for.
Must be nice, to never be harassed by the cops for no reason!
Old 01-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #78
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
I've never been pulled over or otherwise harassed while I was obeying the law. The few times I've been pulled over I was breaking the law and got caught.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #79
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
Quote:
Who said I have never been pulled over for no real reason. One night I got pulled over just ten minutes apart. By the San Antonio police then the MP's on post.neither one gave me a reason. Don't give me that race card crap. I've just quit driving silly, and not giving them other reasons. Cops with attitudes don't care what race. I had one pull his gun coming up to my car, after pulling my over for speeding. He was red in the face yelling. First to get out of the car, then to get back in the car. Then yelled at me because I had gotten out of the car. He was just trying to get me to be combative, either verbally or physically. It isn't race, I wish people would quit that stupid crap. It's officers with bad attitudes.
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #80
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
Who said I have never been pulled over for no real reason. One night I got pulled over just ten minutes apart. By the San Antonio police then the MP's on post.neither one gave me a reason. Don't give me that race card crap. I've just quit driving silly, and not giving them other reasons. Cops with attitudes don't care what race. I had one pull his gun coming up to my car, after pulling my over for speeding. He was red in the face yelling. First to get out of the car, then to get back in the car. Then yelled at me because I had gotten out of the car. He was just trying to get me to be combative, either verbally or physically. It isn't race, I wish people would quit that stupid crap. It's officers with bad attitudes.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:41 PM   #81
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Because a cop can tell you're black or Hispanic or Indian or Jewish or any other flavor of the week racism, in a car with gun slits for windows like a Camaro. At night. With tinted windows. From behind it. At 55mph.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:45 PM   #82
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Because a cop can tell you're black or Hispanic or Indian or Jewish or any other flavor of the week racism, in a car with gun slits for windows like a Camaro. At night. With tinted windows. From behind it. At 55mph.
No, not at night. In broad daylight, making eye contact. But, whatever, racism doesn't exist right?
Old 01-05-2017, 06:27 AM   #83
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
No, not at night. In broad daylight, making eye contact. But, whatever, racism doesn't exist right?
Sure it does. But so do a lot of other things.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #84
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Sure it does. But so do a lot of other things.
Agreed. There could also be many other factors, I was just referring to my personal experience.