Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #71
DBRose

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 on order
Also, why is the numbers I'm seeing on the above invoices higher than the numbers found on the price list from this link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8239
DBRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #72
FrankN

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by groupleader View Post
Was wondering if anyone out there could reccomend a chevy dealer in Phoenix,Az. Ive decided to buy a 2011 ss with the 2ss option package,but im seeing a big difference in pricing from different dealers for the same vehicle.So im curious if anyone has any dealer they would suggest, and possibly the salesmans name.
Yes, there's another old thread on this topic with full horror stories, but the short of it: contact Adam Ford at Thorobred Chevrolet in Chandler. If you want an easy deal and are a Costco member, they have a set price at $300 or $500 over invoice (sorry can't remember the exact number). I ordered a 2011 below that number.
FrankN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #73
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
My car...

$37,715.00 MSRP

$36,779.71 Dealer Invoice

$35,614.60 Paid (includes $1000 Saturn discount and credit union member discount which is basically buying a little less than Dealer Invoice)

According to my math...

$2,100.40 under MSRP

$1,165.11 under Dealer Invoice (that Saturn discount really helps!!!)

Went to 3 local dealers and none would go lower than any discounts you would be entitled to for ordering a new 2011. What swung the deal to the dealer I went with was free annual state inspections for the life of the car, 4 free oil changes per year, and dealer is only 5 miles from my house.

Could have saved another $500 or so through Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club and other member car buying programs, but would have had to travel over 50 miles to the one dealer offering the lowest price. Each gave me 3 quotes from different dealers and the other dealers that were closer to me were higher than my local dealer anyway. Couldn't justify traveling 50 miles for a better deal with the inspections and oil changes offered by the local dealer over the life of the car.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #74
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
2011 CAMARO

-2SS
-RS PACKAGE
-AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
-IOM EXTERIOR
-INTERIOR ACCENT TRIM PACKAGE (ORANGE)

-WHITE RALLY STRIPES
-SUNROOF
-20” POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
-BODY PAINTED ENGINE COVER
-GROUND EFFECTS PAINTED IOM AND INSTALLED

-HERITAGE GRILL PAINTED IOM AND INSTALLED
-CARGO NET

SELLING PRICE: $41,330

GM MILITARY DISCOUNT AND USAA MEMBER DISCOUNT / BOB STALL CHEVROLET SAN DIEGO, CA (I SHOPPED AT EVERY CHEVY DEALER IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY AND THIS DEALER WINS WITH BEST PRICE AND SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE.)
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:01 AM   #75
squatin0n18s

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS A6 Camaro
2LT RJT automatic
RS package
sunroof
polished wheels

selling price:33,934. That ok?
squatin0n18s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #76
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
Question

how r u guys getting them below invoice? when i went to the dealer he said they cant sell it to me even at invoice cuz they wouldnt make any profit from it. he told me it would have to be at least $200 over invoice to sell it to me... was he BSing me?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:40 AM   #77
denny2188

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2LT
I ordered my 2011 Camaro LT2,Imperial Blue Metallic on July 5th. Auto Trans.,RS package, Sunroof, I am retired from GM, tax, title, etc., my out the door price is $30,919.72
denny2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #78
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
2011 2SS / RS / Manual Trans
-Dealer threw in 2 sets of floor mats
Total Model / Options / Dest Charge: $35,595
Minus Dealer contribution: $ 595
Final Selling Price: $35,000 (I paid taxes on $35,595 however)

Edit: I forgot to mention the dealer said I qualified for some sort of Credit Union deal because I was a member of a so cal credit union. That's the price I paid FWIW. Good luck to all you guys buying out there.

I had a good experience going through Mike Luna at Camino Real Chevrolet btw.
Stay clear of Sierra Chevrolet in Monrovia. I walked out when they tried to punk me on the financing when I have perfect credit. Dummies lost me in the finance room.

Last edited by Duper; 08-01-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Duper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #79
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
how r u guys getting them below invoice? when i went to the dealer he said they cant sell it to me even at invoice cuz they wouldnt make any profit from it. he told me it would have to be at least $200 over invoice to sell it to me... was he BSing me?
whamslam3,

I am a member of Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club, American Express, etc. and they all have auto buying programs that can get you below dealer invoice. It may not be at the dealer you prefer but, if you are a member of any of these, you need to let your preferred dealer(s) know that you are a member and are checking their buying programs for pricing. The dealer then knows that you probably won't be back unless they do some serious pricing adjustments. I was also told that overstock.com has the same program that the others I mentioned do, and you don't even have to join anything! When I told both local dealers I was getting pricing from that I had access to these auto buying programs, they both offered me GM supplier or credit union discount pricing, even if I didn't qualify for them. And that was for ordering a new 2011 with both dealers having 2010's on the lot. Did the dealer you were talking to about a 2011 have any 2010's on the lot? If so, he might be trying to steer you into one of those, as most dealers are trying to move them out for the 2011's.

"Dealer Invoice" is one of the biggest charades in the auto business. The dealers like you to believe that they can't sell below that number. It is NOT their actual cost for the vehicle. It is really what they actually want to make on the sale. There are a lot of other factors that go into determining the actual cost of a vehicle to a dealer that can't be listed here. Let's just say that with a hot selling car like the Camaro, and a slow season of selling other models, if you don't demonstrate that you can get better pricing elsewhere, they will try to make every penny they can off you. If you go armed with proof of price points that you can get elsewhere for the same vehicle, you are in a much better negotiating position if they really want your business. You also may want to throw out that you are looking at the new 2011 Mustang, that is matching up better performance-wise with the Camaro, even if you aren't truly interested in getting one, as they hate to lose business to Ford.

Good luck!
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #80
TheVENOM

Drives: 2016 1SS Black
1LT black/black m6
RS package
Conv/Conn
$26027.00
TheVENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #81
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
2LT black/Inferno
Inferno Stripes
$28,300
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #82
FrankN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm1412 View Post
whamslam3,

I am a member of Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club, American Express, etc. and they all have auto buying programs that can get you below dealer invoice. It may not be at the dealer you prefer but, if you are a member of any of these, you need to let your preferred dealer(s) know that you are a member and are checking their buying programs for pricing. The dealer then knows that you probably won't be back unless they do some serious pricing adjustments. I was also told that overstock.com has the same program that the others I mentioned do, and you don't even have to join anything! When I told both local dealers I was getting pricing from that I had access to these auto buying programs, they both offered me GM supplier or credit union discount pricing, even if I didn't qualify for them. And that was for ordering a new 2011 with both dealers having 2010's on the lot. Did the dealer you were talking to about a 2011 have any 2010's on the lot? If so, he might be trying to steer you into one of those, as most dealers are trying to move them out for the 2011's.

"Dealer Invoice" is one of the biggest charades in the auto business. The dealers like you to believe that they can't sell below that number. It is NOT their actual cost for the vehicle. It is really what they actually want to make on the sale. There are a lot of other factors that go into determining the actual cost of a vehicle to a dealer that can't be listed here. Let's just say that with a hot selling car like the Camaro, and a slow season of selling other models, if you don't demonstrate that you can get better pricing elsewhere, they will try to make every penny they can off you. If you go armed with proof of price points that you can get elsewhere for the same vehicle, you are in a much better negotiating position if they really want your business. You also may want to throw out that you are looking at the new 2011 Mustang, that is matching up better performance-wise with the Camaro, even if you aren't truly interested in getting one, as they hate to lose business to Ford.

Good luck!
Well said.

whamslam3, there is a good write-up on Edmunds.com about dealer holdback. That will give you a good sense of what kmm1412 is describing above re: actual dealer cost.

On an average 2SS RS M6, for example, the dealer cost after holdback might be ~$34k rather than ~$35k listed on the invoice. However, if you start adding on fees to advertise the vehicle, to maintain it while it's on the lot, interest paid on loans while it's waiting to be sold, that holdback amount starts disappearing. Holdback is in essence a forced savings account for dealers -- the longer a vehicle sits on the lot, the more they have to dip into that savings account.

In the case of the vehicle I'm purchasing, it is being delivered straight from the factory, so it will spend less than one day on the lot. Because of that, very little holdback will be consumed. My dealer is selling it to me below invoice knowing that he will make his money when his quarterly holdback check comes from GM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #83
FrankN

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
I don't know where you're located in California, but I did a quick search on TrueCar.com (online auto broker), and they show Courtesy Chevrolet in San Diego willing to sell for $300 below invoice. Even if you don't end up buying from there, having a written quote can be a powerful negotiating tool elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #84
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
thnx for all the help guys