Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #71
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Is there a gas leak in here?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #72
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
to every single off-topic, geographical nitpick ever.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #73
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravirn View Post

love the cat
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #74
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:

Old 07-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #75
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
I spent last July in Paris, France. When talking to a "native" he asked me where I'm from as my French accent was a little "off". I stated I was from Canada.

Later that day, he introduced me to his roommate as someone from "The Americas". So no, not crazy. 320 million people in the United States of America. Some of you get fixated on the outlandish notion that you own the term "America". Over 6 billion people refer to people from North America as from "The Americas" or "over the Pond" or "The West". I've even corrected a British ex-patriot who introduced me as "American" ... outraged that he would label me as such. He responded, "Canada, United States, you're all Americans, bloke!"

Travel a bit, and expand your horizons.
Yes Canada is part of the "The Americas"
While you're at it, tell them the correct way to pronounce the letter Z

Seriously I had no idea that we in the US, do not pronounce it the proper way until I was like 32.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #76
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
I spent last July in Paris, France. When talking to a "native" he asked me where I'm from, as my French accent was a little "off". I stated I was from Canada.

Later that day, he introduced me to his roommate as someone from "The Americas". So no, Not crazy. 320 million people in the United States of America. Some of you get fixated on the outlandish notion that you own the term "America". Over 6 billion people refer to people from North America as from "The Americas" or "over the Pond" or "The West". I've even corrected a British ex-patriot who introduced me as "American" ... outraged that he would label me as such. He responded, "Canada, United States, you're all Americans, bloke!"

Travel a bit, and expand your horizons.
First off, I've been to france. Some of the nastiest people I've ever met, and I would never go back. I really don't put a lot of stock in how they perceive us. Britain and Wales is much nicer.
Secondly He said as you Quoted "From the Americas" Not "From America" two totally different terminologies.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #77
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
First off, I've been to france. Some of the nastiest people I've ever met, and I would never go back. I really don't put a lot of stock in how they perceive us. Britain and Wales is much nicer.
Secondly He said as you Quoted "From the Americas" Not "From America" two totally different terminologies.
Yup, I'm from the Americas, but I'm not an American.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #78
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yup, I'm from the Americas, but I'm not an American.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #79
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'm American.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being so much a part of your country that you become kinda eliteist. As long as you keep it in perspective.

I actually never really knew that. I mean the way the rest of the world sees the terms. I'm American. If that includes Canada, then so be it. I've always been proud of my Canadian bros and sisters anyway.

I will say this though: .......... Every time I've heard a foreigner, wether in person or on TV (not movies or shows, but news and interveiws) They've refered to us as Americans.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #80
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
To the OP. WTF????????? This is weird. Dumbest thread I have ever opened. Did have some very funny posts though.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #81
DjD
Classic Owner

Drives: 1969 Ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrcromwell View Post
OK, so, I got this uncalled for, nasty, jealous email from a Dave Oz. I'll see if I can find a pic of him somewhere & attach it. Part of his incompetent email to me went something like this:

".........And it's too bad you bought a 2011 Camaro, with a V6??!! That car's a total insult to anyone like me, who owns a 1968 Camaro SS 454 in restoration. You could've bought an original for the same price, but now you're stuck with an inferior, plastic-infested, poor quality-GM product with unreliable Chinese-built electronics. At least I can say my SS is the real deal."

Yeah, yeah, blaw, blaw, cry, cry, whatever! Just trailer your rustoration piece of crap back home! Why would I want an old obsolete car for the same price as brand new one with all new features, 29MPG & a warranty?? That makes no financial sence at all!! How dumb!! He must not have thought much about the fact, (in his anger with me), the reason his car is still in restoration after many years and tons of money, is the scarceness & rarity of new parts. You might have a few remanufactured parts left, then there's the junkyard, not much better there. Sure, you have aftermarket which doesn't count as being original or correct. Then he somehow figures that he has the "real deal SS" I would guess being made in America. WRONG! His obsolete ride was made in Canada like all the rest, even 1970's-'80's Pontiac's were made in Canada. He also didnt figure that in the next 20-30 years our beautiful Camaro's will still be like new and continue to run strong. His '68 will just sit in the garage to collect old lawn furniture & boxes due to being too outdated to run with no parts or fluids available. If you see this guy in NM. or on Book With A Face, maybe he can be reminded that it's not the size of the engine, it's the horsepower. Our 5th Gens can run circles around his old rustoration car all day long with a V-6, and more circles with a V-8! Not to mention we have a very good 3 point warranty with GM for our Camaro's with the ability for extended warranty's after. Where is the warranty for this guy's car? Anyone care to back me up with this and toss this guy off his NM. high horse? I wasn't going to post this, but this part of his email to me had nothing to do about anything & it wasn't nessesary at all. So I hope you will always continue to insult this person with your better than his 5th Gen Camaro. That would be a pretty cool piece of revenge! By the way Dave, where's the pics of this '68 on your Book With A Face page? If he likes taking pics so much, wheres the pics for this rustoration car? Maybe he's hiding under his desk and won't answer. That's typical. At least I have pics on Book With A Face of my car. Anyway, I feel better now that I vented all that out. I wanted to report him for abuse, but wasn't able to. What do you think? Am I off base here? Or does this guy just not know what in the %^&* he's talking about? On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't worry about it too much, mine is brand new, no miles, new features, warranty, his isn't. Here is a pic of Dave Oz on Book With A Face. He is riding little bicycles since his only transportation is an old '68 Camaro that's not running it seems. Go figure?
First I'm a 1st gen owner but you won't hear me say anything bad about the 5th gen or any other Camaro for that matter. I do know you are upset because it sounds like you got an un-provoked attack by a rather narrow minded 1st gen owner. I do hope the forum population isn't coming in mid argument and we are getting the whole story...

At that I do want to point out that what you are saying here about the 1st gen is completely off base and not true. Again I think your anger over the e-mail is getting the best of you. I won't pick at your every point but would like to share a bit about the 1st gens that got the whole Camaro thing going. There is no shortage of parts, almost all are available in reproduction and you would be surprised how much of the old just keeps ticking. My own '69 ragtop is over 40 years old and has only had one repaint. In the 10 or so years I have owned it I have put 30k - 40k miles on the car has seen back to back 500 mile days as well as over 2000 miles in a week on one trip. It's got a carb and 400hp and at 60mph will pull in 23 mpg and at 70 or so gets 20 mpg. Not bad for a old school technology. No it's not my daily driver but then so what, it could be if I wanted it to be. It's just as reliable as any car I have ever owned and if it breaks I can fix it myself with hand tools if necessary. As well my car is worth much more today than it was back when I bought it, even with all the changes and upgrades (mods if you wish) I have made.

The picture at the bottom of this post is from a Chevy Rev-it-Up event where I got invited to display my '69 with the ragtop prototype. It was really cool to have my old iron on display with the future and to know what started over 40 years ago is still alive.

All I'm asking is don't take your anger out on the car, it has no say in who owns it! The Camaro is a legend and one of the most famous names in automotive history and there is plenty of room for all generations to co-exist and be respected for what they each bring to the name sake! Would you believe the prototype ragtop and my car got along great for 4 days and 3 nights even with all the stress associated with being on display and everyone walking around talking about which was their favorite! In the end they were both winners and represented the Camaro name equally though different in their own ways!

PS the 1st gen was assembled in 2 plants, one in Los Angeles CA and the other in Norwood Ohio...
Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #82
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
send some of that down here please. It was 99 deg f down hear today.

Sorry or 55c for you guys up there.
Not to split hairs here but 99F is more like 37C. 55C would be 131F.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #83
chrisrcromwell
chrisrcromwell

Drives: [REPOED:3/12] 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Odd place for a first post.

You've been a member for at least 7 days. lol

Welcome to the site. Stick around. Fun fun fun.............
Thank you, that means alot to me. Yes, this is my first thread, and didn't think it would take the many directions it has so fast. I will admit that I do have some problems, mistakes & failures in my life, but we all do. But its just that I have one proud moment to get a brand new fully loaded special ordered car. Only to have some Dave try and ruin it. So I turned to the forum for some support to cheer me up again. I do appreciate the nice comments from everyone who might be in my corner. Thank you! Yeah, your right, why bother with guys like Dave? His head injury brings him many troubles like lying about things he may not actually have & erratic mood swings at different times at different people for no reason.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #84
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550& 2021 C8 Z51
So is Canada the 51st state?

Closed Thread