Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #71
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
Any updates? I love reading your blog/journal. Hoping your car comes in soon.
I am still waiting. I will pass along some more comments this evening. I have some potential intel sources that I am waiting to hear from. I was hoping to see Orange Krate before I hop on a plane Sunday! Aye!!! The biggest thing will be finding the right person to paint her with pearl gold ghost stripes.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #72
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Orange Krate/Jim:
What a warm and genuine story. The background, history makes this just truely incredible. I am also of your age (over 50) and can appreciate your mid-life crisis condition since I resemble that remark. Thankfully Erica supports you and soon Orange Krate will arrive and you can tuck her in your garage to stay warm and comfortable.

I must say that your order process was VERY quick considering you only placed your order on 10/16/10. That's just awesome. I placed my order on 05/28/10 and picked up my baby on 12/22/10. Ya, dont' ask - lots when sideways with my car. Luckily I had the entire Camarotracking team to keep me company. I "lurked" there for months reading and reading every single thing I could find about my Camaro. I met lots of amazing people there that I am glad to call friends today.

As many have already stated, the worth is definitely worth it. I'm almost to my 1st yr anniversary and still every day I open the door to the garage and look in amazement at my amazing GCM that takes me to and from work every single day. I still can't believe I am driving the hottest, sexiest car on the road (thank you GM).

Looking forward to seeing your Orange Krate soon. Welcome to C5, we're glad to have you and Erica aboard for the ride. Lori

PS: I have a younger sister that lives somewhere in Simi Valley, she drives a 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS with Black Stripes M6 and Sunroof - small world, huh?
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #73
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
So I confirmed that Orange Krate was at the rail yard in Mira Loma awaiting transport via Car Carrier to Simi Valley. The Chevy Business Center advised that she arrived there yesterday and that the cars generally are out of the location on to the dealer within 72 hours of offload! That means she could be at the dealer on Thursday or Friday. I hope I can see her before Sunday as I leave for the week on business! But she still has to get her GFX painted and installed prior to delivery so that is a good thing for me. WOWWWWWEEEE reality is starting to sink in as I realize just how close my dream has come to fruition. In the meantime...here is an overhead satellite shot from Google of the 4200 Etiwanda Avenue facility in Mira Loma, California. If you go to Google earth or maps you can actually zoom in and pick out cars. I did see an Orange Camaro in the mix but I know these are older sat photos so it isnt mine. Amazing technology...amazing car! Its all good.
That's awesome. I can't wait to see her too! I am sure you will drop dead at the sight of her beauty.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #74
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Orange Krate's Paint Plan?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Orange Krate/Jim:
What a warm and genuine story. The background, history makes this just truely incredible. I am also of your age (over 50) and can appreciate your mid-life crisis condition since I resemble that remark. Thankfully Erica supports you and soon Orange Krate will arrive and you can tuck her in your garage to stay warm and comfortable.

I must say that your order process was VERY quick considering you only placed your order on 10/16/10. That's just awesome. I placed my order on 05/28/10 and picked up my baby on 12/22/10. Ya, dont' ask - lots when sideways with my car. Luckily I had the entire Camarotracking team to keep me company. I "lurked" there for months reading and reading every single thing I could find about my Camaro. I met lots of amazing people there that I am glad to call friends today.

As many have already stated, the worth is definitely worth it. I'm almost to my 1st yr anniversary and still every day I open the door to the garage and look in amazement at my amazing GCM that takes me to and from work every single day. I still can't believe I am driving the hottest, sexiest car on the road (thank you GM).

Looking forward to seeing your Orange Krate soon. Welcome to C5, we're glad to have you and Erica aboard for the ride. Lori

PS: I have a younger sister that lives somewhere in Simi Valley, she drives a 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS with Black Stripes M6 and Sunroof - small world, huh?
Hi Lori,
Thanks for stopping in and leaving the sweet post! I am SO like a soon to be father for the first time (again)! The anticipation is killing me (remember the ketsup commercial in the 70's?).

Erica will be glad when Orange Krate arrives because she will finally get some quiet from me yapping about Camaros. Why??? Because I will in the garage!!!

Everyone keeps asking about mods... and I am just going to be ecstatic to see Orange Krate. I will give her a big kiss when she hits the dealer! HA HA

After getting the GFX match painted, I am going to work on getting the stripes painted. If you follow this link (below) you can see the color of the stripes I am looking for, although I don't know yet how they will be laid out. I like the "ghost stripes" that were done on this car because they don't steal away from the car's primary color like the solid stripes do such as white or black. They are subtle. As if the car is???

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=12

We look forward to meeting you and all the great people we chat with here on Camaro5 and know that I am in it for the long haul.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 01-09-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #75
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
That's awesome. I can't wait to see her too! I am sure you will drop dead at the sight of her beauty.
Somehow that might not be the ending I envision. I was thinking more along the lines of the movie "Vanishing Point". As they say...it is better to burn out than to rust out.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #76
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Mira Loma staged and ready!

Orange Krate Update:
My buddy Dave has a friend who is a trucker out of the Southern California Vehicle Distribution Center in Mira Loma. Dave's friend passed this along to Dave this morning:

...there are 3 orange Camaros in the Mira Loma distribution center ready to go to dealers, and one in their yard going out today, but no photos to confirm.

The waiting game continues!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #77
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
your baby is getting closer to home.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #78
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Where are you baby???

It is overcast and gray here no rain and it is warmer! STILL no sign of Orange Krate!!!

I think I am the last of the 11/15 thread to take delivery. Did you know that Orange Krate now weighs 5800 pounds... because of all the sitting around and no exercise, she continues to grow toward that Svelt Suburban curb weight. I guess I will have to run some of that weight off once she arrives.

I am ready to send out a search party but I am afraid they will find her and take off to Vegas for the weekend!!!

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 01-09-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #79
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Getting close my man! I wish I could deliver it for you just call me Dr Dre lol and it would be a breached delivery as well arse first cus Id have it on the tail end of the semi to make sure she was the first vehicle off.
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #80
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Dr Dre the prophet of love! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
Getting close my man! I wish I could deliver it for you just call me Dr Dre lol and it would be a breached delivery as well arse first cus Id have it on the tail end of the semi to make sure she was the first vehicle off.

Thanks Andredmg! I would use a skycrane on this car to get it off the trailer if I could! Man this is tough labor. We are into overtime hours now!!!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #81
LittleRockCGM

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM/IOM 2SS/RS
Dang, I was hoping to see pictures! My car made it to a railyard within 10 miles of my house but was still on the train. It then literally went down tracks 300 yards from my house and then finally ended up 130 miles from my house before they unloaded it.................... sucks!

I hope you have it soon - can't wait to see her!
3300 11/11/09 - Order Scheduled for Production (TPW 11/23/09)
3400 11/17/09 - Order Broadcast
3800 11/23/09 - Build Complete (VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9170886)
4000 11/26/09 - Ready to Ship
4200 11/30/09 - Shipped (ETTX854262)
5000 12/11/09 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 12/12/09 - Delivered to Customer (It's Mine!)
LittleRockCGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #82
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRockCGM View Post
Dang, I was hoping to see pictures! My car made it to a railyard within 10 miles of my house but was still on the train. It then literally went down tracks 300 yards from my house and then finally ended up 130 miles from my house before they unloaded it.................... sucks! I hope you have it soon - can't wait to see her!
Thanks Little Rock! Here is a little exchange between me and one of the other TPW 11/15 folks! HA HA

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=705

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #83
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Nice thread. So did your 2011 SS make it to you? Hope you love it.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #84
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Orange Krate STILL not home! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
Nice thread. So did your 2011 SS make it to you? Hope you love it.
Our beloved Orange Krate is still MIA, at least from the Dealer lot. We know where she is but the 100 mile ride by car carrier is still anyone's guess. I am now in Maryland on business and won't be home until Wednesday night. My newest best friend at the dealer says he will take photos of her coming off the transport if she arrives while I am away. I still have to sign the contract before they will paint the GFX. But I am not signing a thing until I see Orange Krate up close and personal and know it is MY NEXT OF KIN!!! I will post here and to all my friends via PM as soon as she arrives!

Simi Valley, CA