Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #71
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Sweet.

Always nice to save a little money. LOL
Yepper, always nice to do that , Bonnie will love me for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I thought John's was a stage II and your getting stage I.....
Remember I had it changed twice.

Quote:
Yup. But John had bought a stage 1 first. AFTER the one from Janetty. Ultimately ended up with a stage 2.
You are so Johnny on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Oh, I see what's happening here. Gotcha!

EIDT: perfect example of jumping in the middle of an A > B conversation!
Never Norm , you are always helpful
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #72
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I got a feeling someone is on the phone right now......and maybe doing a cost analysis of a certain 'toy'.........
Old 06-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #73
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Why would I do that? Be a waste of money. When if it starts to go out THEN I do it. I may never have to do it.
LOL... I said the same thing right before the fest... "why change good parts"... Exactly two days after returning tranny got re-built... Camaro21 almost ran me down in the shootout due to tranny slipping. But I'd still do it the same way again... you could last forever

Quote:
Fair, but in a year I would be the same regarless. Even if I got another 15 rwhp with a bigger cam, I'd still want more after a year.

BUT, I'm pretty content. I think I'll hit my limit this time. And this LS3/L99 bottom end can only take so much. I'll be happy to keep it tame.
Good to know your limit... we all learned a huge lesson last weekend when Chris rolled his car 4 times due to rod through block... Roll cage should be next on your list...
Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #74
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... I said the same thing right before the fest... "why change good parts"... Exactly two days after returning tranny got re-built... Camaro21 almost ran me down in the shootout due to tranny slipping. But I'd still do it the same way again... you could last forever

Good to know your limit... we all learned a huge lesson last weekend when Chris rolled his car 4 times due to rod through block... Roll cage should be next on your list...
I remember. But you have more power than I do and track it way more. But you are right. I'll beggin a little savings account for the iminent breakdown.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #75
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
I am kinda using the 525 as a beggining. I'll be ok with that but hope for a little more. SAFELY of course.

Dude. Call Ron and let him know. He just told me that he was about an hour away from the swap. He'll need to hear from you. As long as it's the exact same cam, I'm fine.
Yeah, 525 is where I ended up with a 'baby cam', zero fuel system upgrades, and stock pulley.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #76
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
Yeah, 525 is where I ended up with a 'baby cam', zero fuel system upgrades, and stock pulley.
You use the stock Maggie injectors too?

I got a BAP but stock injectors.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #77
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Too be honest, I don't know what comes with a TVS2300 kit. I just trusted Vengeance, and I did not pay for any fuel system upgrades.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
Old 06-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #78
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I remember. But you have more power than I do and track it way more. But you are right. I'll beggin a little savings account for the iminent breakdown.
Actually I only have 5 total runs on the track w/ this HP... but you're right where you should be and you're going to love that cam... I'm also going to back off the HP after seeing what I saw last week.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #79
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
Too be honest, I don't know what comes with a TVS2300 kit. I just trusted Vengeance, and I did not pay for any fuel system upgrades.
Well good to know. I won't have to go with injector upgrades right away.
Quote:
Actually I only have 5 total runs on the track w/ this HP... but you're right where you should be and you're going to love that cam... I'm also going to back off the HP after seeing what I saw last week.
Is there a thread on that?

What type of mods, power, and lifters/rods?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #80
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
The TVS2300 comes with 58 # injectors. I would definitely upgrade the injectors.

My 58# injectors would have exceeded their safe limits with my cam. I have 65# injectors now.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #81
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

According to Jessika@Magnacharger, they are:

52lb/hr 4BAR (58psi)
They are LS9 ZR1 injectors.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...56#post3375456

Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #82
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Well good to know. I won't have to go with injector upgrades right away.
Is there a thread on that?

What type of mods, power, and lifters/rods?
Chris was one of our crew at the fest in the RJT car... Whipple build that was proven on the track and caravaned out and back and around the Grand Canyon and all. Blew a hole in the block, layed oil down and went over the guard rail and flipped 4 times. He walked away due to proper safety equipment...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153812
Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #83
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Is it done yet

You so knew this was coming.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #84
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Chris was one of our crew at the fest in the RJT car... Whipple build that was proven on the track and caravaned out and back and around the Grand Canyon and all. Blew a hole in the block, layed oil down and went over the guard rail and flipped 4 times. He walked away due to proper safety equipment...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153812
It's amazing how fast something can go very very very wrong! That was a scary video, so glad he put some money in safety with all that power.

And, yeah.....Is this car built yet???