Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #71
atari_80s_guy
Banned

Drives: 96 impala ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
The Mustang "design" and "feel" still feel "entry level"..... Somehow that has been the problem with Mustang. The new Boss and the evil GT500, as good as they are, are NOT entry level for sure, but they share so much of the "entry level" aura that one has to accept -- well, it's a bitter sweet choice for sure!

Even the base Camaro does not feel ENTRY LEVEL. It feels like a high quality cruiser in its' own right. And it is a head turner! Is a base Stang a head turner?

We are at an interesting point with the two cars. Camaro Gen 6 will be getting smaller. That, to some, is a good thing. To be seen, and it's GM's biggest challenge in keeping the momentum "real"...

Meanwhile the ZL1 has stepped up the game to reach "exotic" level acceptance.

The reality is the Camaro vs. Mustang days are about over. The writing is on the wall as Motor Trend did a Mustang GT vs. BMW M3 comparison, not ss vs. gt. Second have you seen the numbers that the 13' gt500 put UP? It is faster than the corvette zo6. And we all know that chevy is not going to let a camaro outrun a corvette. While the ZR1 can run with a base vette. The gt500 will now blow it's doors off. I hate to say it but Ford has called Chevy's bluff..............

Last edited by atari_80s_guy; 06-03-2012 at 01:47 PM.
atari_80s_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #72
atari_80s_guy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
The mustangs sold more because the 2013 gt500 hype brought them in, that's what it was supposed to do, its brings people in then you shuffle them over to standard gt or v-6 and because they are excited they buy it, sales trends guys, the transformers movies release marked an up swing in camaro sales also. I think its great this rivalry is back, we love cars so much our feelings carry over to create a forum to discuss them and share info back and forth and we cheer for our company and cars.

trust me the new gt500 is not hype with a 0-60 in 3.5 and a 1/4 in 11.6 it will beat the corvette grandsport and zo6 and is only a tenth off from the zr1
Old 06-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #73
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
The 2013 GT500 is not even out yet.
Check your facts before facepalming. There have been plenty of 2013 GT500's delivered in the past week, and they are beasts.

You've also been able to build a 2013 GT500 on Ford's site for over a month. Chevy could learn something from this. You still can't even build out a 2013 Corvette and they've already started showing up at dealerships.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #74
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari_80s_guy View Post
The reality is the Camaro vs. Mustang days are about over. The writing is on the wall as Motor Trend did a Mustang GT vs. BMW M3 comparison, not ss vs. gt. Second have you seen the numbers that the 13' gt500 put UP? It is faster than the corvette zo6. And we all know that chevy is not going to let a camaro outrun a corvette. While the ZR1 can run with a base vette. The gt500 will now blow it's doors off. I hate to say it but Ford has called Chevy's bluff..............
Wrong ...most in the market for a Mustang are not looking for a BMW which is what $20k more?? Sure M/T did the comaparison just to prove a point that the mustang has pretty much matched the BMW on road course while being $20k cheaper.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #75
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Check your facts before facepalming. There have been plenty of 2013 GT500's delivered in the past week, and they are beasts.

You've also been able to build a 2013 GT500 on Ford's site for over a month. Chevy could learn something from this. You still can't even build out a 2013 Corvette and they've already started showing up at dealerships.
Yeh...and how does that really effect May delivery sales??
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #76
atari_80s_guy
Banned

Quote:
Wrong ...most in the market for a Mustang are not looking for a BMW which is what $20k more?? Sure M/T did the comaparison just to prove a point that the mustang has pretty much matched the BMW on road course while being $20k cheaper.

No what I am saying is Ford is aiming higher now and going after cars like the BMW. While Chevy is still aiming for the mustang
Old 06-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #77
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Yeh...and how does that really effect May delivery sales??
I was mearly pointing out the fact that your statement was incorrect.

The GT500 has been hyped all year, the reviews landed right before month end in May, so I'm sure it didn't hurt the sales, no one can know for sure right now what caused the spike in sales, and lastly you should find a new emoticon for the end of your sentences, this one is getting old.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #78
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i was gonna say, but i think what he means is the commercials they've been running. that's a big spike, but ford has been playing the heck out of their mustang commercial on tv.
where as Chevrolet does next to no marketing for the Camaro.
Sorry but I've seen the ZL1 spots as much as if not more than the Mustang spot. In fact I'm typing this now because I just say the "Technical" spot just now.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #79
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Wrong. I came back to domestic vehicles via Ford after 5, count 'em. FIVE BMWs and several Japanese cars before that. My last domestic was actually a Chevy. Sadly Ford may have lost me back to the imports. The car is great. The dealers and dealership experience, not so much. Oh, and I am not an exception as I personally know 5, yes 5, BMW owners who all picked up Mustangs. 2 Boss, 2 Shelby's and 1 GT, although he is still considering a switch to a ZL1.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #80
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari_80s_guy View Post
No what I am saying is Ford is aiming higher now and going after cars like the BMW. While Chevy is still aiming for the mustang
What? The Camaro has outsold the Mustang for almost every single month since it has been introduced...without the help of ANY incentives.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #81
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
The 2013 Mustangs have hit the streets, and the '12s have nasty incentives. I came dangerously close to one myself before I bought my LS.

You think 2013 GT500's have no markup? That's hysterical.
Did I not just say '12 GT500? Let's not be stupid.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #82
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Sorry but I've seen the ZL1 spots as much as if not more than the Mustang spot. In fact I'm typing this now because I just say the "Technical" spot just now.
The only place i've seen ZL1 commercials is on the Speed channel and during the Indy 500.
i see mustang spots on every channel usually in prime time.
and Chevy never aims just for the mustang. you can read what the engineers on past generations have said on that.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #83
atari_80s_guy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
What? The Camaro has outsold the Mustang for almost every single month since it has been introduced...without the help of ANY incentives.
come on man??? atleast read the entire comversation before you type. this is a comment referring to the fact that the Mustang is now being compared to BMW's instead of Camaros performance wise not sales numbers
Old 06-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #84
atari_80s_guy
Banned

and lets not forget the fact that the current mustang has been around since 2005 and the current camaro since 2010. huge difference there