Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #71
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
What is your next step? Keep us updated on this..... I can't believe GM is treating this/you like this. All this bad stuff I hear about GM makes me think Of not buying any more of their cars.... I traded my daughters Aveo in on my Camaro because it was nothing but problems and they told us the last time they "fixed" it that the engine light may still come on when pulling hills and stuff. I bought that Aveo new and it was under 2 years old and I bet it was in the shop 15 times; battery, catalytic converter, new plug wires, cam sensor, new ecm, spark plugs, I can't even remember all the stuff, but they still couldn't get the engine light to stop coming on. I traded that while it was on the service rack for my Camaro, and within 6 months or so, i got an engine light, took them a few weeks if not a month to figure out I had a bad pcm. I figured, new car, this hasn't happened yet, fingers crossed. On the last loaner car they gave me, a new chevy, before I got home, the engine light came on. Not meaning to thread jack, but Im scared of GM products, especially if considering they arent fixing them........

My wifes Honda with over 50,000 never has had an engine light on, her Honda with over 169,000 had the engine light on once for a $20 o2 sensor. My Toyota which is now my daughters with over 100,000 miles never had the engine light on. And when problems arose on my wifes Honda with 3rd gear issues, they could not repeat the issue but knew it was an issue an did a $2,000 repair for free..............
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #72
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Drives: 2022 Ram 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
What is your next step? Keep us updated on this..... I can't believe GM is treating this/you like this. All this bad stuff I hear about GM makes me think Of not buying any more of their cars...........
I really dont know.... I am getting so fed up with GM right now. I spent yet another day calling my Rep to find out what is going on only to get voice mail EVERYTIME! Like seriously this is crazy.

No one will talk to me. I have started looking for a lawyer cause I am so fed up. I dont know what else to do.

And I too recently have started contemplating not buying another GM product ever. I already dont buy FORD cause of near death issues from their quality craftmanship. Now its about to be the same for GM, its not like they are American made cars anyway. Camaros are produced in CANADA.

Sigh...... what a sad sad place this has come to.

Oh, almost forgot, I uploaded 2 new videos of it raining inside my car!

I am gathering as much evidence to support my case as I can and hopefully my BBB rep will call me tomorrow so we can move forward with arbitration. His office was closed today due to Isaac.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Decepticon "Darksteel" - 9/28/12 - 6/29/22
InfidelSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #73
naSSty1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Man, I am sorry to hear your luck. Or lack of. Your handling it a lot better than I would. I would probably park the thing in front of the dealership and riddle it with buck shot and spray paint a big F&$% #O^ on it. On the other hand, have you tried adjusting your door at all? If the door is sitting to low and not making that good seal, that may fix it. Remember, most ASE Certified Mechanics/Technicians are just that because they passed a damn test. Hell, half of a shop doesn't even have to be certified for them to post it on there doors. I personally never trust a dealership to do anything. I hope you get this resolved.
naSSty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #74
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by naSSty1 View Post
Man, I am sorry to hear your luck. Or lack of. Your handling it a lot better than I would. I would probably park the thing in front of the dealership and riddle it with buck shot and spray paint a big F&$% #O^ on it. On the other hand, have you tried adjusting your door at all? If the door is sitting to low and not making that good seal, that may fix it. Remember, most ASE Certified Mechanics/Technicians are just that because they passed a damn test. Hell, half of a shop doesn't even have to be certified for them to post it on there doors. I personally never trust a dealership to do anything. I hope you get this resolved.
I would do that but then I would be out a car while it sat there... and Im pretty sure my boss would not like that parked in our parking lot when Im at work.

I may just create a bunch of qr code fliers and litter the streets with them. Mail them to GM and just harass the heck out of them.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #75
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
What happens when they "test" these issues with a new off the showroom floor model?

I'd challenge them to replicate that on a new car to satisfactorily state that it's "normal" for your car to leak like that.

We all know a new one wont. Your car has serious issues that they are attempting to remedy with the pen and paper instead of title transfers and refunds.

Why don't you hit up one of our fantastic dealer reps like Becky or, ...oh wait that guy is gone, and see if they have some backdoor phone numbers to help you out.

They are always Johnny on the spot to take care of those who take care of Camaro.

Good luck and I hope that it seriously works out for you and your wife.
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #76
metthem

Spend a Saturday outside the lot with a big ass sign, picket style. Have your videos for any curious customers.........
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
Old 08-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #77
Lordbird2000

Drives: 99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelSpartan View Post
I got my car back from the dealership yesterday. I dropped it off for a GM engineer to look at it. I was told to be there at 0900, I was there at 0845. Engineer did not show up until 1:20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He does his thing, water testing the car and examining things... 2 hours later he finally talks to me, he says "I had your car underwater for about 2 hours and could not find anything wrong with it" Mind you, his idea of a water test is a hotel style shower head attached to a water hose positioned at the rear tire of my car spraying towards the window at low-medium pressure (I have more water pressure in my shower).

I told him "give me 30 seconds and a garden hose, I will show you where it leaks"
Engineer: "Oh no, you cant do that"
Me: "Why not?"
Him: "its not an approved water test procedure, the car is not rated to handle that type of water pressure"

.................................................. .... THEN HOW DO I WASH MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Bottom line, nothing was done, I am getting jerked around by General Motors and I am sick of it.

I picked up my car from the dealership and went to the car wash since it was full of water spots from his water test. GUESS WHAT IT LEAKED IN THE CAR WASH!

So I guess you cant get cars wet these days.

I am just so frustrated and do not know what to do! I have a claim with the BBB that I have not been able to reach my rep on, I have not been able to get in contact with my GM Customer Service Rep and their final repair attempt was a piss poor attempt at appeasing a step of the lemon law procedure to keep me in my car and screw me over.

I have to walk away before I say how I really feel.
i watched a nat geo ultimate factories documentary on how they build camaros and at the end of the assembly line b4 the vehicle goes they water test each one, in MONSOON type weather conditions... they literally dump water on these cars... now at my shop we dont have the luxury of such a tool but we do use the shower method, if nessesary we use the force (finger over the hose). but if the engineer is unwilling to replicate the complaint properly then that sumb***h aint doin his job...
check the rubber barrier behind the door panel and if is leaking find a lawyer and record it leaking while you do your own water test, then go from there...
your misfourtune is even making me mad lol
Lordbird2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #78
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Well after looking into lawyers and different courses of action I got a call from yet another rep from GM today.

He tells me that my normal rep is dealing with personal family issues and has been out of the office, but he was asked to update me. He starts by saying that he understands that things did not go the way I had hoped with the final repair, and GM is now prepared to offer me a trade in. After a long conversation about what that actually entails to protect myself aswell as protect any future owners of this nightmare camaro.

The trade in would fall under Florida Lemon Law standards, I will be charged a usage fee but I have really low miles so thats a good thing. I get to keep my leaky car until the new car is at the dealership and I take delivery.

I will get more details tomorrow when my normal rep gets back to work.

I am glad that things are finally coming to an end. I just wish it did not have to be SO horrific in order to get a resolution.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #79
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordbird2000 View Post
i watched a nat geo ultimate factories documentary on how they build camaros and at the end of the assembly line b4 the vehicle goes they water test each one, in MONSOON type weather conditions... they literally dump water on these cars... now at my shop we dont have the luxury of such a tool but we do use the shower method, if nessesary we use the force (finger over the hose). but if the engineer is unwilling to replicate the complaint properly then that sumb***h aint doin his job...
check the rubber barrier behind the door panel and if is leaking find a lawyer and record it leaking while you do your own water test, then go from there...
your misfourtune is even making me mad lol
I watched that episode after looking it up on youtube. very informative. My wife and I were firing people as we watched.

FACTORY WATER TEST -

Realistically, the water test they do at the factory is sufficient for the leak I have now. It is not for the initial leak that I had, in which the water only got into the car when I made a right turn. Had it only been that I would not have cared so much, but the waterfall that it turned into was and is very unacceptable.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #80
blazerk5

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Victory Red M6
Factory test is flawed!

Tim
blazerk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #81
Lordbird2000

Drives: 99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelSpartan View Post
Well after looking into lawyers and different courses of action I got a call from yet another rep from GM today.

He tells me that my normal rep is dealing with personal family issues and has been out of the office, but he was asked to update me. He starts by saying that he understands that things did not go the way I had hoped with the final repair, and GM is now prepared to offer me a trade in. After a long conversation about what that actually entails to protect myself aswell as protect any future owners of this nightmare camaro.

The trade in would fall under Florida Lemon Law standards, I will be charged a usage fee but I have really low miles so thats a good thing. I get to keep my leaky car until the new car is at the dealership and I take delivery.

I will get more details tomorrow when my normal rep gets back to work.

I am glad that things are finally coming to an end. I just wish it did not have to be SO horrific in order to get a resolution.
This is great, now IM happy! not only do you get a new car out of it, you get a 2013! ....now i just gotta get mine... lol congrats, your hard work has paid off!
i still think if they took the time to pull off the door panel your problem would have been solved but who cares! 2013, mylink infotainment, hud, gay wheels....nice....
Lordbird2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #82
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

he actually did take the door panel off. but since they were using water that would simulate a light sprinkle it want enough for it to leak....and looking back the car was actually parked on a slight incline which would also effect the outcome since the water collects in the front by the speaker and then comes in.

only thing I am stoked about is the new color options and the my link with back up camera. I already have a HUD. I am kinda considering going with an ss.... I just dont think a 1ss is worth it since I loose so much and I doubt I can afford a 2ss.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #83
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Glad you are finally getting a new car....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #84
metthem

Im curious as to how this is gonna work out.... They are taking your car in as a trade it under the lemon law, do you get all your money back that you have paid the bank, including interest, minus the 'usage fee'? What kind of deal will you be getting on the new car? This seems like it may get rather complicated...... What if you bought the extended warranty, do you get all that money back?

And you are gonna lose that cool steering wheel, along with the relaxing sound of a waterfall coming out of your right door panel.