Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #71
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
ok, i think for now, i am just going to run the turn/brake on the perimeter ring. this is the easier option for now, so i can at least get the fascia installed and running.

just need to get some pins to make the sidemarker light harnesses, and some led load balancers for the turn/brake lights.

if i get annoyed by it, i'll add in the blinker circuit and move the turn signals to the amber array, and use the third brake light to trigger the perimeter ring.
2010 2LT/RS; 6M, ABM, Torq Thrust M w/custom center caps, Solo MachX-LLT, Blue Anodized Pedals, Barton Shifter w/UMI blue anodized pistol grip, Ported IM from Mace, 25mm isolator/spacer from Mace, Vararam CAI, Euro Rear Fascia, RX Breather Cap. SOLD 4/23/13.

Now have a 1965 Chevelle 4 dr wagon!!
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #72
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I think your doing it the best way, will your guy cut a good deal on the lights?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #73
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Great Progress. Keep it up!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #74
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
running lights; check

left turn; check

right turn; check

flashers; check

lic plate; check

back up; passenger side only (appears to be correct)

brake; turn sig leds on (amber. should be outside ring brighter!)

i also get a message on the DIC to "check L turn sig bulb", and "check right turn sig bulb", plus the fronts (non led) flash fast.

close, but no cigar yet!!!

??????
Not enough power draw so DIC thinks light out. Quick flash is for same reason.... not enough power draw.

Standard lights do the same... if one out the othere blinks fast when on flasher or blinker.

Do you work for a Sunglasses Company?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #75
Sleez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Not enough power draw so DIC thinks light out. Quick flash is for same reason.... not enough power draw.

Standard lights do the same... if one out the othere blinks fast when on flasher or blinker.
yep, just need to add some load equalizer resistors, piece of cake.
2010 2LT/RS; 6M, ABM, Torq Thrust M w/custom center caps, Solo MachX-LLT, Blue Anodized Pedals, Barton Shifter w/UMI blue anodized pistol grip, Ported IM from Mace, 25mm isolator/spacer from Mace, Vararam CAI, Euro Rear Fascia, RX Breather Cap. SOLD 4/23/13.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #76
Sleez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
I think your doing it the best way, will your guy cut a good deal on the lights?
LH; 22822551
RH; 22822550

he said he might be able to match parts taxi price of $607.39 each

i called parts taxi, they show them in a MI warehouse, and should have access to them if ordered.

GM parts giant shows a price of $587.36 ea, called, they show unavailable.

gmpartsdepartment.com shows $545.70 ea, but have no ph number.

Last edited by Sleez; 10-15-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #77
Sleez

my pigtails and resistors arrived today, should have the harness done tomorrow, and the fascia installed by sunday!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #78
camarokungfu

Drives: 2010 camaro SS orange
Quote:
keep in mind, they aren't quite sorted yet, the left and right are wired differently for a test.

I just pick one up from totalpartsolution too, thank God your doing this online lol I want to wire it up like the first one with red bars getting brighter for brake. Any way just to wire it straight? If you can pm me any info good be Awesome as I thought this would wire right up lol thanks again
camarokungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #79
Sleez

not going to wire up, need to build an adapter harness and my prototype still isn't 100%!!!

once mine is done, i could do more, but only if your car is the same as mine, 2010.

and the harness would have to sell for $200 or more to be worth it for me.

just tested the complete harness, with side marker pigtails and load equalizer resistors, still getting a fast flash!!!

6 ohm for rear only is too much!!!

i paralleled both resistors to one signal light, and it worked fine!!! so i need 3 ohm resistors!!!

of course the place i bought the first ones, don't carry 3 ohm!!!

mouser order going out.

won't be done this weekend!!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #80
Sleez

just ordered (2) 3 ohm resistors, cost twice as much as the 6s i had!!!

on to next weekend.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #81
camarokungfu

Drives: 2010 camaro SS orange
I got my left side working but can't get my right side to match lol ill keep trying , I'm just going wire it up till I get it done right by somebody that knows more then me
Can't wait to see your progress

Quote:
not going to wire up, need to build an adapter harness and my prototype still isn't 100%!!!

once mine is done, i could do more, but only if your car is the same as mine, 2010.

and the harness would have to sell for $200 or more to be worth it for me.

just tested the complete harness, with side marker pigtails and load equalizer resistors, still getting a fast flash!!!

6 ohm for rear only is too much!!!

i paralleled both resistors to one signal light, and it worked fine!!! so i need 3 ohm resistors!!!

of course the place i bought the first ones, don't carry 3 ohm!!!

mouser order going out.

won't be done this weekend!!!!
camarokungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #82
Sleez

harness is fully functional!!!!

might get the fascia on this weekend, but likely next weekend, Lady Sleez has plans for us this weekend.

summary; 82 parts, 42' 10" wire, various zip ties, heat shrink, solder and loom.

next steps are; mount euro lights back into euro fascia, mount side markers from oem fascia to euro fascia, mount fascia harness to euro fascia, remove old fascia, mount load equalizer resistors, mount euro fascia, connect adapter harness, connect load resistors to adapter harness, connect extra chassis ground, test, drill/cut license plate mounting nuts, mount license plate, drive, smile!!! (optimally)

oh yeah..... get video of it working correctly!!!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #83
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Old 10-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #84
Sleez

OK, got the fascia installed today, pretty happy with it.

was a pain in the azz to remove and install by myself though!!

here are a few pics, i'll get a video in a bit, need a helper for that.

removed OEM fascia, man was it dirty under there, took a couple buckets of water and some simple green to get it like this;

here are the load resistors mounted, i also had to add a ground spot, just to the right, not in this pic;

finished;

i also have to get that white mark off the diffuser somehow????