Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #71
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Trying to get my first Six Pack. Most I have had is a 2 pack..... I will be running the lexington Rock and Roll Half marathon on March 30th and the Flying Pig in Cincinnati in May.

currently am 247 at around 18% BF. I will continue to lift and run and kick ass.

I know alot about nutrition yet I just do not follow it because I love food.
Trying for that elusive six pack is not easy. Usually a six pack comes with single digit body fat so you've got your work cut out for you.It's very doable but you will have to get a handle on your nutrition, I know it's cliche but you cannot out train bad nutrition. Loving food is not the problem, it's most likely the kind of food you love that's the problem LOL
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #72
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
I read last years thread last December and was motivated to go to the gym wtih my girlfriend, we did really good for 3 months, then started slowing down and I haven't worked out in months.
Currently I'm 510 and 183lbs. Not horrible, but 2 years ago, I used to run 30-40 miles/week and hit the gym 2-3 week. I had a knee injury and wasn't able to run and it went downhill from there. My girlfriend and I are going on vacation for the next 4 days, but once the new year hits I want to start going to the gym 4 days week like we used to. It's pretty hard; I can work 12-13 hours a day easy, and fell victim to the 'Facebook 15.' We have a lot of food here at work, so its easy to just snack the whole day.....not to mention they just opened a sweet shop across the campus which has unlimited sweets and ice cream!
I try to eat healthy, lately, I always have a bowl of fruit for breakfast and a huge salad for lunch....now just need to fit a workout schedule in there.

I get motivated easy, but lose it quickly. I'm looking to try new things besides just the normal gym stuff. When I'm at the gym, I mainly focus on my upper and lower chest area, but would like to have more workouts more wellrounded. Hope I found the right place here!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #73
CFD

Here is something everyone here with fatloss or workout goals can do that we've done in previous threads that will help keep you motivated and accountable. You can post you're diet's, workouts and even pictures for comparison. Some of us will be glad to give tips for improvement. Routinely posting and staying active with others that share the same goals, will help. The more you learn and apply and see results the more you will get/stay on track.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #74
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Trying for that elusive six pack is not easy. Usually a six pack comes with single digit body fat so you've got your work cut out for you.It's very doable but you will have to get a handle on your nutrition, I know it's cliche but you cannot out train bad nutrition. Loving food is not the problem, it's most likely the kind of food you love that's the problem LOL

Nope absolutely, I know this. I know the kinds of food I eat, when i eat, how much I eat will determine where I go with this. Currently I am just running some of the fat off until I reach 230. Between here and there I will most likely get my diet in check and have a plan going forward. I know how my body reacts to certain things I just will need to actually stick to it.

Hell I used to be 295 from my playing days. I was at 230 until this recent bulk session I got to 250 and am working my way back down.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #75
CFD

Quote:
Nope absolutely, I know this. I know the kinds of food I eat, when i eat, how much I eat will determine where I go with this. Currently I am just running some of the fat off until I reach 230. Between here and there I will most likely get my diet in check and have a plan going forward. I know how my body reacts to certain things I just will need to actually stick to it.

Hell I used to be 295 from my playing days. I was at 230 until this recent bulk session I got to 250 and am working my way back down.
So then, you have no excuses not to succeed LOL
Old 12-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #76
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
So then, you have no excuses not to succeed LOL

Lol I dont blame anything on anyone except myself. I work in the hospitality industry which means free food for me whenever....
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #77
CFD

Quote:
Lol I dont blame anything on anyone except myself. I work in the hospitality industry which means free food for me whenever....
Just 'cause it's there doesn't mean you have to eat it. LOL

It seems the big trend these days is diet pillls of some sort(99.9% useless) I, if equipped with the knowledge, would work on a willpower pill.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #78
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Just 'cause it's there doesn't mean you have to eat it. LOL

It seems the big trend these days is diet pillls of some sort(99.9% useless) I, if equipped with the knowledge, would work on a willpower pill.
Problem with that.... people like me would double dose.

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #79
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Problem with that.... people like me would double dose.

tramtwo posted this on the go

No, the pill would give you the will power to pass on the second one LOL
Old 12-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #80
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I'm in. I am 6ft 3 and have been 220-225 for about 8 yrs now (I am 33). Lowest I was able to get to a few summers ago was 210. I guess my "goal" is 195 and trim my gut.

One issue I had last yr is I tore my ACL playing basketball. I am about 3 months away from playing competitively again. I mainly have been doing an elliptical, recumbent bike, and tread mill.

Anyone do the insanity workout? I have it but have been worried to do it with my knee. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #81
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
I'm in. I am 6ft 3 and have been 220-225 for about 8 yrs now (I am 33). Lowest I was able to get to a few summers ago was 210. I guess my "goal" is 195 and trim my gut.

One issue I had last yr is I tore my ACL playing basketball. I am about 3 months away from playing competitively again. I mainly have been doing an elliptical, recumbent bike, and tread mill.

Anyone do the insanity workout? I have it but have been worried to do it with my knee. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Ryan
I've never done insanity although I would think it may be rough on the knees so depending on how far along with your recovery would determine that. One thing you may want to consider is weight training along with your cardio. What started me with weight loss and weight lifting some years ago was that I was in a very serious motorcycle crash when I was much younger, through the years the extra weight and injuries took their toll and I was pretty much in pain all the time, with the loss of a few pounds and the the added muscle it has been reduced drastically. When you have more muscle it helps relieve stress on joints and related body parts.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #82
tramtwo

Quote:
No, the pill would give you the will power to pass on the second one LOL

now that would be a trick
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #83
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Holy cow bells! I weighed 182# the night of 12/25/12 after Chistmas dinner. I only got back on track yesterday morning with watching my food intake and doing 2 jog/walk work outs each day and right now I weigh 173#. My weight of desire is between 160-165# so I am not as bad as I thought. Must have been sodium and water retained from the holiday foods.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #84
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Thanks!

Ryan
This past summer I tore my left adductor and the tendon also avulsed off the bone... three month rehab and barley missed surgery. From my months of pt I can tell you that a loooong and easy warm up with a ton of stretching is vital to prevent reinjure. Most people try to skimp on this part. Good luck.