Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #71
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
You don't need any of that stuff, except the rear diff if your v6 auto. Sure you would need suspension parts too but so do SS guys. I run ZL1 sways cost $100 each, pfadt springs were $250, 1LE struts etc.. its not huge money. But yeah for most people is does just make more sense to upgrade to a different car. For people like me that bought this car brand new and will keep it forever and never sell, it makes sense. Different strokes for different folks.

Don't get me wrong though, I love V8 Camaros too, if I can talk myself out of a truck when the time comes, I might have to add a 50th anniversary 6th gen LT1 to the stable!
Maybe the OP needs twins ? How are yours coming along?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #72
LEADfoot927

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
All due respect, as it is your opinion and thus cannot be argued, but this also shows you don't know anything about our cars. The fuel injectors are ~103#. The fuel pumps will support to just over 500whp. Intake, tune, and intercooler are included with the supercharger. Transmission is fine to ~550whp. The only thing you MIGHT want is the SS rear end upgrade, and even then you only need the back part of the driveshaft, plus the diff and axles and hubs, which you can get off of a member cheap that swapped his rear end. So, supercharger for $6k. Then you can get the 1LE suspension upgrade for ~$1000-1500 depending on where you get it. Then, even with cat deletes, full exhaust, wheels and tires, LF3 HPFP and ZL1 in take fuel pump, and pulley down on the super (which would probably net around 460whp+ depending on how much you want) I doubt you'd touch the cost of a 1LE (or, you'd at best equal it). Especially those of us that have 2LT/RS... A comparable 2SS/RS 1LE base cost is, what, 45k?

... Don't get me wrong though. Before I got my car I was REEAAALLLY eyeing a 1LE... but the V6 model for model can be brought to higher power and comparable performance for less, at least on paper.

(Note: I also remember building a 1LE before getting my car, so that was right when they came out. I built a 1LE for 56k... I assume the cost has come down since then?)
No need for personal insult, and pointing out upgrades necessary to handle more power is not knowing anything about cars? Car manufacturers tend to not overbuild components, as they make pennies on the dollar. If that were the case, why isn't the same transmission used for the SS and ZL1? One reason is it is not designed to hold up to excessive power over time. I respect those who like to mod their cars, but I was pointing out that modding a v6 Camaro is not a financially wise thing to do. Even if it took 28k to get a supercharged LFX, now you have a car with reliability issues for the life of the car. I'm sure you can find a used 1LE for around that same price,or for low 30's a used Viper or C6Z06 which would stomp a supercharged LFX, with reliability and exclusivity. Just my opinion.
2010 Camaro SS L99
2011 Camaro SS Ls3
2011 Dodge Charger R/T
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee/ Reso Delete
Current ride:
2012 GT500/ 2.3 TVS, Afco Dual pass heat exchanger, Roush Extreme Exhaust: 606 rwhp/ 611 wtq
LEADfoot927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #73
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADfoot927 View Post
No need for personal insult, and pointing out upgrades necessary to handle more power is not knowing anything about cars? Car manufacturers tend to not overbuild components, as they make pennies on the dollar. If that were the case, why isn't the same transmission used for the SS and ZL1? One reason is it is not designed to hold up to excessive power over time. I respect those who like to mod their cars, but I was pointing out that modding a v6 Camaro is not a financially wise thing to do. Even if it took 28k to get a supercharged LFX, now you have a car with reliability issues for the life of the car. I'm sure you can find a used 1LE for around that same price,or for low 30's a used Viper or C6Z06 which would stomp a supercharged LFX, with reliability and exclusivity. Just my opinion.
I wasn't insulting you. I, however, also stated our cars, not cars in general. The fact that you brought up the upgrades is inarguable proof you know what you're talking about. Though, multiple people here have already proved that the upgrades aren't necessary for our cars, and as I stated most of the technology in our cars isn't upgradable in the first place.

The transmissions between the SS and ZL1 are geared differently, manual wise. The automatic, though, yes, is stronger. Much stronger.

Again, there's plenty of people with boosted 6s that have 50k, 75k, 100k miles on them... Reliability is a selling point as I doubt the manufacturers make money off of warranty work. And boosting the V6 just increases one of the points of the V6, which is gas mileage. Supercharged V6 guys usually get 30-32mpg on the highway, reportedly. It's still a V6 though. It's a toy, not a race car. Lol.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #74
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
I wasn't insulting you. I, however, also stated our cars, not cars in general. The fact that you brought up the upgrades is inarguable proof you know what you're talking about. Though, multiple people here have already proved that the upgrades aren't necessary for our cars, and as I stated most of the technology in our cars isn't upgradable in the first place.

The transmissions between the SS and ZL1 are geared differently, manual wise. The automatic, though, yes, is stronger. Much stronger.

Again, there's plenty of people with boosted 6s that have 50k, 75k, 100k miles on them... Reliability is a selling point as I doubt the manufacturers make money off of warranty work. And boosting the V6 just increases one of the points of the V6, which is gas mileage. Supercharged V6 guys usually get 30-32mpg on the highway, reportedly. It's still a V6 though. It's a toy, not a race car. Lol.
Well put.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #75
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Maybe the OP needs twins ? How are yours coming along?
They're coming along great! Work and weather has limited the amount of miles I can put on her but were getting the tune more dead on so as great as it is now, itll be even better with more timing and more boost. I'm looking for an SS rear diff and axles for a good price now, and all the cradle and diff bushings.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #76
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
It's sad to see that these fights still go on. Age doesn't matter, a Camaro is a Camaro. Owners should be glad to help each other out without worrying who you are or where you came from. Save all the fighting for some Mustang or Challenger fans.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #77
crc91

Amen!

Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #78
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
They're coming along great! Work and weather has limited the amount of miles I can put on her but were getting the tune more dead on so as great as it is now, itll be even better with more timing and more boost. I'm looking for an SS rear diff and axles for a good price now, and all the cradle and diff bushings.
Hey Jantzen your car sounds like it's truly going to be kick *ss. Once you get all the bugs worked out and get her perfected I might want to make a trip up there in my G8 gt (some mods) to see how it stack up against ya (totally in good hearted fun). What kind of numbers are you shooting for?
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:44 PM   #79
LEADfoot927

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
It's sad to see that these fights still go on. Age doesn't matter, a Camaro is a Camaro. Owners should be glad to help each other out without worrying who you are or where you came from. Save all the fighting for some Mustang or Challenger fans.
But Chargers are cool, right?
2010 Camaro SS L99
2011 Camaro SS Ls3
2011 Dodge Charger R/T
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee/ Reso Delete
Current ride:
2012 GT500/ 2.3 TVS, Afco Dual pass heat exchanger, Roush Extreme Exhaust: 606 rwhp/ 611 wtq
LEADfoot927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #80
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADfoot927 View Post
But Chargers are cool, right?
Haha, yeah. The Chargers are no slouch.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:33 AM   #81
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
Haha, yeah. The Chargers are no slouch.

Mmm dat SRT doe

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #82
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Hey Jantzen your car sounds like it's truly going to be kick *ss. Once you get all the bugs worked out and get her perfected I might want to make a trip up there in my G8 gt (some mods) to see how it stack up against ya (totally in good hearted fun). What kind of numbers are you shooting for?
Sounds good to me! I'll be going to Thunder Valley all season, I think it opens in March. They have test n tune usually every friday. MagnumForce goes there too so you could race a bad ass supercharged llt too. He made a 12.5 sec pass at the end of last season which would be quite a bit faster at other tracks.

I'm shooting to get into the 12's but eventually make a run for 11's. Best time stock was 14.6 and that was my hero run lol absolutely the best I could do. Looks like launching is going to be my problem.. Ill have to figure that out.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #83
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Sounds good to me! I'll be going to Thunder Valley all season, I think it opens in March. They have test n tune usually every friday. MagnumForce goes there too so you could race a bad ass supercharged llt too. He made a 12.5 sec pass at the end of last season which would be quite a bit faster at other tracks.

I'm shooting to get into the 12's but eventually make a run for 11's. Best time stock was 14.6 and that was my hero run lol absolutely the best I could do. Looks like launching is going to be my problem.. Ill have to figure that out.
Damn , high 11's will be kick but for sure. Shoot, those are Z06, h/c ss times there. Low to mkd 12's will definitely make for a dog fight in my g8. We will have to keep in touch and play kt by ear.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #84
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
what a great thread.. Probably will be an even better race.. when he gets his license of course. Smh

Tags
5.7, charger, lfx, r/t, vittesse