Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #71
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
I just want to say this again to those of you who use this on public roads......

This device is powered by the isolated 5 volt reference bank of your ECM. These are not true inputs as they measure the amount of current it takes to maintain 5 volts on the output side of the circuit. You have attached a device of unknown and inconsistent current draw to BOTH SIDES OF A CRITICAL AND REDUNDANT CIRCUIT. The car will not be able to recognize a mismatch between the two sides of the circuit now that this device controls both of them.

Good luck realizing what is happening and putting it into neutral in the fraction of a second it will take to smash into the car in front of you.

This is one of the reasons they want to make it illegal to work on your own car. With all the knowledge on this board how come nobody seems to care how the ECM works and how it does what it does. Not a single thread regarding somebody taking the cover off it to look and learn its just a "magical black box" that's programmed never to kill you.
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM   #72
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by azvren View Post
This can be changed with a tune fyi. Save your money.
How so? My tuner and I have gone through the entire parameters in HP tuners and have not found a way to change throttle response at all.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #73
Dfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4545 View Post
I just want to say this again to those of you who use this on public roads......

This device is powered by the isolated 5 volt reference bank of your ECM. These are not true inputs as they measure the amount of current it takes to maintain 5 volts on the output side of the circuit. You have attached a device of unknown and inconsistent current draw to BOTH SIDES OF A CRITICAL AND REDUNDANT CIRCUIT. The car will not be able to recognize a mismatch between the two sides of the circuit now that this device controls both of them.

Good luck realizing what is happening and putting it into neutral in the fraction of a second it will take to smash into the car in front of you.

This is one of the reasons they want to make it illegal to work on your own car. With all the knowledge on this board how come nobody seems to care how the ECM works and how it does what it does. Not a single thread regarding somebody taking the cover off it to look and learn its just a "magical black box" that's programmed never to kill you.

I can't take you seriously at all because you choose to live in the state that is against the 2nd amendment.

Secondly, most of us here drive manuals and our left foot kicking out is usually standard reaction to something not going the way it's supposed to.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:15 PM   #74
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:

Save your breath... nobody is going to listen.

This dopey thing is an absolute liability nightmare waiting to unfold for anyone unfortunate enough to have an at-fault accident where there is even a sniff of a chance that car control was an issue. Like I've said before, in such an instance the plaintiff's attorney is going to pee all over himself as he prepares for the easiest slam dunk trial of his career.

But nobody cares because it is so fun and all the cool kids are doing it.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:18 PM   #75
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
I can't take you seriously at all because you choose to live in the state that is against the 2nd amendment.

Secondly, most of us here drive manuals and our left foot kicking out is usually standard reaction to something not going the way it's supposed to.
OK great, a person from Texas turns electrical engineering comment into something political. What about people who own L99 cars what about the other people on the road?
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:21 PM   #76
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
There is going to be a lot of them on here for sale. The more the cheaper. I have a L99 PTB CAI Headers High Flow Cats Flowmaster 409 Thunder Exhaust New Era Tune. Drive Manual Sport Mode makes no difference I have no lag in throttle response. Don't need to mash the throttle just normally press it & jerks your head. I'm very happy the way it reacts.
You know what, I think I agree.
And to the guy above your post, I have a 1LE.
Now, why I agree. If you plan to do anything to add actual horsepower to your car, the vitesse will become less and less useful. As HP goes up so does throttle response and the less help you'll need from the vitesse. Right now, however, with just an intake and throttle body, the vitesse is a HUGE fun adder. I think after I do headers, heads, and cam it'll be pretty much useless.
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #77
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
That comment makes me think of (cringe) the power mode in my wife's err uhh, hybrid thing (prius). All it does is map the gas pedal to be more responsive.

My SS is plenty responsive. 426 HP of joy if you know how to use it....

(I have a speeding problem)
You are very ignorant and have no idea what you're talking about. The ECU itself in these cars are locked down. There is a huge amount of delay built into it, and it will never change. Ever. No matter what you do with the tune. The Vitesse throttle controller is a standalone ECU that bypasses the throttle control, allowing it to do things the car never could on its own. The response is not even close. You have absolutely no idea how locked-down the car is. And for good reason. It is downright dangerous at the higher levels and simple bumps in the road can cause you to press on the gas pedal a bit, which will send several jolts through the system. I have had it on higher settings, gone over very bumpy roads which unexpectedly caused my foot to bump the throttle a little more, which caused a few uncomfortable revs. It can be dangerous.

You clearly have never used one. 426 horsepower isn't much in these giant cars. I guess that's why they're no faster than the 4th gens with 340 horsepower huh? All that extra power can't get up and go any faster. Better not make any further modifications to the car, either. I mean you have that 426 horsepower that you know how to use.

Some people
Old 04-26-2015, 09:35 PM   #78
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
You are very ignorant and have no idea what you're talking about. The ECU itself in these cars are locked down. There is a huge amount of delay built into it, and it will never change. Ever. No matter what you do with the tune. The Vitesse throttle controller is a standalone ECU that bypasses the throttle control, allowing it to do things the car never could on its own. The response is not even close. You have absolutely no idea how locked-down the car is. And for good reason. It is downright dangerous at the higher levels and simple bumps in the road can cause you to press on the gas pedal a bit, which will send several jolts through the system. I have had it on higher settings, gone over very bumpy roads which unexpectedly caused my foot to bump the throttle a little more, which caused a few uncomfortable revs. It can be dangerous.

You clearly have never used one. 426 horsepower isn't much in these giant cars. I guess that's why they're no faster than the 4th gens with 340 horsepower huh? All that extra power can't get up and go any faster. Better not make any further modifications to the car, either. I mean you have that 426 horsepower that you know how to use.

Some people
These cars are a good bit faster than 4th gens...
Old 04-26-2015, 09:39 PM   #79
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
These cars are a good bit faster than 4th gens...
Negative. Not in a straight line. A 4th gen manual is a driver's race with a 5th gen manual. You can try to make an argument for an A4 since some came with 2.73's (I owned one). With equivalent gearing there is really little to no difference at the strip.

4th gen 6 speeds went high 12's. That's all you can get out of a 5th gen. An average driver will run mid 13's in both generations. All that extra horsepower simply overcomes the weight difference. Not much more.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:00 PM   #80
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Negative. Not in a straight line. A 4th gen manual is a driver's race with a 5th gen manual. You can try to make an argument for an A4 since some came with 2.73's (I owned one). With equivalent gearing there is really little to no difference at the strip.

4th gen 6 speeds went high 12's. That's all you can get out of a 5th gen. An average driver will run mid 13's in both generations. All that extra horsepower simply overcomes the weight difference. Not much more.
5th gen record is 12.588 @ 110.30. Whats the 4th gen record?
Old 04-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #81
ZiG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
You are very ignorant and have no idea what you're talking about.
Quote:
The Vitesse throttle controller is a standalone ECU that bypasses the throttle control
Ohhhhh the irony. The VTC is NOT 'standalone'. That would imply it takes throttle control AWAY from the stock ECU. It doesn't. All it does is intercept and modify the signal from the pedal. Granted, it does that very well in that it can sort of 'spike' the signal when you first get on it, tricking the ECU into thinking you are mashing the gas and opening the tb farther than it otherwise would. Then it sends an exponentially proportional signal to the ECU based on what setting it's in.

If it were a 'standalone' system you would have to wire it directly to the TB, send a false signal to the ECU to prevent a CEL, traction control wouldn't work, launch control wouldn't work.. need I go on?

Quote:
Some people
welp.
ZiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:46 PM   #82
Dfault

Quote:
OK great, a person from Texas turns electrical engineering comment into something political. What about people who own L99 cars what about the other people on the road?
Just making an observation and statement that I wouldn't trust anyone that willingly lives in a state that allows several rights to be taken away, that's all.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:24 AM   #83
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Anyone use this on a v6 to improve throttle response?
Yep... Love it.. I just have to remember to turn it back to sp0 when my wife drives it.. She had driven it a couple times before I put the VTC on it, and things were ok. She took it one day when I had it on sp7 and she came and asked me what the heck I did because the thing just took off whenever she gave it the gas. She doesn't floor it, but she doesn't granny it either.. I showed her and how to set it down to sp0.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:32 AM   #84
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
Just making an observation and statement that I wouldn't trust anyone that willingly lives in a state that allows several rights to be taken away, that's all.
I thought this was a Camaro forum, not a political forum?

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote