Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #71
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
Headers arrived last night. Now just waiting on tomorrow to have them installed. Already have the new tune on the tuner waiting to go. When it comes to the O2 sensors, do the rears reach without extensions? I know the fronts needed them but I havent found much info about the rears.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #72
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
Headers arrived last night. Now just waiting on tomorrow to have them installed. Already have the new tune on the tuner waiting to go. When it comes to the O2 sensors, do the rears reach without extensions? I know the fronts needed them but I havent found much info about the rears.
You need extenders to reach the rear O2 sensors. Did your headers not come with extensions?
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #73
byrds8

They did come with a set of 2. I thought those were for the fronts though. Is that not correct?
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:06 PM   #74
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Correction, front need the O2 extenders, rears don't. Sorry, it's been 4 years since I did mine. I know you only need 2. When you get under there you'll see why, but front need extenders, rears are close enough to the original location to be ok.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:37 PM   #75
byrds8

Im going to take it to a shop and have them install them tomorrow. I was just unsure if it needed four or not. Glad it just needs them for the front. I am hoping they get done within a few hours so i have some time to play with it after i pick it up. I took the day off tomorrow to have this done LOL. Still highly excited.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #76
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
I'm a shadetree mechanic and I got them done in a few hours. If a shop can't do them in that or less...uh-oh...

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #77
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Yea, they are quite easy on our cars, I think it only took us a couple hours, the longest wait was for it to cool down enough so you don't get burned, and yes only the fronts need extenders..
Old 02-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #78
byrds8

I packed everything into the car so I can head up in the morning. Made sure to remove the RTV and the header bolts that came with it. I looked over the instructions that came with these. It says to remove the steering shaft lol. May just leave those out since they should know what they need to do. Man time isnt going fast enough lol.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:45 PM   #79
LCPLPunk
USA-1

I didn't have to remove my steering shaft. I wonder if that's needed for that brand, or maybe they have you do that just to have maximum room to work. Either way, make sure you get a sound clip for us!

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
Old 02-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #80
byrds8

Headers are now installed. Definitely louder. I can hear a bit more clicking and such underneath. But I read that was normal. Not sure if I feel like I lost some go and shifting etc though. Seemed like it shifted harder before. I guess Ill find out more when I go to work tomorrow and have more time to play with it. I loaded the tune before I even left the lot lol. It does have a good bit of popping also it seems when revving. I added a link below so you can hear what it sounds like.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mpg...eUofbUC5gG6jaQ
Old 02-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #81
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Clicking underneath is definitely normal!

Shouldn't feel any loss down low, but maybe the car needs a day to break in the headers?

Car sounds great!

Old 02-17-2020, 05:25 PM   #82
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
It may feel a little different low rpm. I don't have an auto so i don't know anything about the shifting. You should feel a difference at wot especially as the rpms climb though. Sounds good.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:47 PM   #83
byrds8

Thanks. I like the way it sounds. A bit raspy but still pretty good. Hate the popping though. That part sounds like crap. It does feel different at low RPM. Before though it would almost feel like it was about to catch second or third when I got down on it, now you can almost not feel the shifting. Not sure on how fast it climbs in speed though it almost seems like it climbs in speed slower.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:39 PM   #84
LCPLPunk
USA-1

So interesting how different exhaust setups sound! I have SE catless longtubes with x-pipe and stock mufflers and no drone/no pops. As far as the speed, that seems weird to me. When I got my longtunes/tune I don't ever remember anything about it being slower. Was Ted the tuner? May want to let him know what you are experiencing.

I know one thing to remember, when I did my tuning the tuner asked me what kind of shifts I wanted, hard/medium/soft, and initially I told him I wanted the hardest/fastest shifting possible, but then after I drove it for a bit I realized it was too much. I went around a corner and it shifted and I thought, 'holy crap', am I going to lose traction because of this? LOL

Anyways, so I went back to the tuner and asked him to turn the shifting down to a medium or so setting and ran that and it's just about perfect.

Oh! Is it a 93 octane tune?