Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #71
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
This is the internet I am free to say what I want. AND PEOPLE WHO'S NAME IS JEFF SUCK AND IF HE IS GETTING A CAMARO SPECIFICALLY SS HE SUCKS EVEN MORE.
where's the IMO?

i dont think anyone can make a case that the cuda has been around as long as the mustang. anyone who isnt tripping on shrooms that is...

now i know this isnt exactly on topic, but its close, concidering we've been discussing the down fall of the 3.

ive made alot of assumptions about the outcomes of the camaro and mustang, and so far, have been pretty much right on with everything.

so here is my big whammo prediction for the future of these cars.

The chally will go on a diet sometime between now and forever, as well as offering different appealing packages to keep it competative. because lets be honest, for the same price, you can get something that goes alot faster, from someone else.

the Mustang will come out with dual clutch. thats their big kabam. not the size of their engine, or their hp. The Mustang will sport an optional (pricey) version with dual clutch. they WILL end up using the 5.0 engine, but they wont draw 400 hp from it. they will end up with 340-380 hp. why? well they dont need any more. with a dual clutch and that big of a weight advantage, they really dont need anymore.

now here is the big twist...

GM and ford have reported doing a bit of buisness together recently regarding new engines, and sharing technology.

I bet Ford comes out of this with IRS resembling Zeta, and GM comes out of this with a dual clutch. The dual clutch will likely be passed onto the Camaro, Corvette, CTS, and any other C's out there.

so at the end of the day, all 3 better themselves for tomorrow, and we as consumers, are now faced with the terribly awefull choice, of .... which one?
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #72
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
which one is worth more now? yea that is right.... MOPAR was and is the most popular the reason why it died was because it refused to bow down to the gas prices of the 70s. But your vettes and maros did.

Can you count?

Oh btw failure, failure is making a tiny saturn looking car with fugly vette lights in the back IMO. New and modern? I dont call taking cues from the old generations and making them terrible "new and modern". It is not STUPID ,it is called an OPINION. D o you understand that or do I have to repeat it to you again geez, so hostile.

The only reason they are worth as much as they are now is 1. Not very many were sold and 2. Most of them ended up in a Junk yard because they didn't last.
I just went to Auto Trader Classics, and they had 74 Dodge Challengers for sale, the highest price was $104,990 There were 500 Camaros for sale and the highest price was $167,500... There were 4 listed over $110,000. Challengers worth more? The prices for the ones being sold online don't show it.. I CAN count....
Again the lights on the Camaro have no resembelance to ANY corvette lights from ANY year! No Corvette had taillights like the ones on the Camaro, If there was, show me....
It may be your opinion but I have FACTS...
when you cannot come up with facts say it's your opinion, that always works...
By the way Mopars have NEVER been the most popular..not my opinion.. FACT.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 08-20-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #73
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
The only reason they are worth as much as they are now is 1. Not very many were sold and 2. Most of them ended up in a Junk yard because they didn't last.
I just went to Auto Trader Classics, and they had 74 Dodge Challengers for sale, the highest price was $104,990 There were 500 Camaros for sale and the highest price was $167,500... There were 4 listed over $110,000. Challengers worth more? The prices for the ones being sold online don't show it.. I CAN count....
Again the lights on the Camaro have no resembelance to ANY corvette lights from ANY year! No Corvette had taillights like the ones on the Camaro, If there was, show me....
It may be your opinion but I have FACTS...
the round tailights of the corvette and the new camaro has the same 2 lights on each side except they are square with round edges? lol it looks like a bad version of the vette lights IMO(sorry bout that last post congo lol)

btw the challengers are worth money because they were the fastest (when kept tuned) and the sexiest cars of the 70s , oh and they didnt make it past 74-75 due to the gas crisis.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #74
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
I'm sorry dude, but what is your problem??? Now you are just going after people. That was down right disrespectful.
It is called a joke, I was mocking his disrespectful and nonchalant attitude toward my opinion in this thread. Give it a break would ya?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #75
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
when you cannot come up with facts say it's your opinion, that always works...
By the way Mopars have NEVER been the most popular..not my opinion.. FACT.
imo
Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #76
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
the round tailights of the corvette and the new camaro has the same 2 lights on each side except they are square with round edges? lol it looks like a bad version of the vette lights IMO(sorry bout that last post congo lol)

btw the challengers are worth money because they were the fastest (when kept tuned) and the sexiest cars of the 70s , oh and they didnt make it past 74-75 due to the gas crisis.
so every car with two taillights on each side are trying to emulate a corvette..in your opinion. HMMM...
Old 08-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #77
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:

Technically they are worth more because they are rare compared to the Camaro, Mustang, etc. Next to the 'cuda, it is one of the most hard to come across cars muscle cars of the 70's, according to what I've heard and read. You are correct on one part, that Challenger did die because of the "gas crisis," But if Dodge doesnt get their $h!t together and make the Challenger more fuel friendly, the same thing will kill it this time around.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #78
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
It is called a joke, I was mocking his disrespectful and nonchalant attitude toward my opinion in this thread. Give it a break would ya?
My bad.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #79
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Gentlemen......

I've gotta admit this thread comes across a little harsh for those that aren't familiar with all of you. So be understanding to those that might peek in (at their own risk) to this thread.

Having said that, if you know what's going on this thread is pretty funny.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #80
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
guys i think we are getting away from what is really important here...

which one of us is going to be the first to harpoon a challenger??

Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #81
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:

Ok In my OPINION, The Challenger was an Imitation of the Barracuda, and the Barracuda was a much better sexier car, especially the Hemi Cuda.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #82
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:

what camaro lives on says.

(I had a long post but as I was typing it he posted his).
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #83
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
Technically they are worth more because they are rare compared to the Camaro, Mustang, etc. Next to the 'cuda, it is one of the most hard to come across cars muscle cars of the 70's, according to what I've heard and read. You are correct on one part, that Challenger did die because of the "gas crisis," But if Dodge doesnt get their $h!t together and make the Challenger more fuel friendly, the same thing will kill it this time around.

You got that right!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #84
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post

i dont think anyone can make a case that the cuda has been around as long as the mustang. anyone who isnt tripping on shrooms that is...
I was just referring to the years 1964 to 1974.

the Barracuda was released before the Mustang

No one can make a case that the 1974 Mustang II is a real Mustang. Ya' know, unless you are trippin' balls on some good blotter.

Putting a German V6 into a stylized Pinto does not make a Mustang....A Capri maybe. But who wants a car named after a pair of girl's high-water pants?

The Mustang II is no more a real Mustang than the Vega is a real Camaro

Mustang = 1964.5 to 1973....and I'm being real generous for including the 70-73 Mustangs
Barracuda 1964 to 1974
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote