Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #8863
camar00t
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
So true man. This show probably does as well as it has because of vendor/sponsor support. So, when vendors/sponsors bring a car that tends to have quite a bit push and support in that particular show, the show organizer probably feel the need to show support through recognition, aka winning. It seems a tad political, but I hope they aren't judging using that type mentality. It would be unfair to any of the attendees from all classes, and a competition can only be judged and won if its fair across the board.
Unfortunately this is the way the World works these days. POLITICS are everywhere. I am experiencing them first hand at my 7yr old's Pony Baseball league. They have All-Stars each year for the supposed "Top" players. Well you of course have the Coaches son's who get voted to the upper echelon and needless to say a lot of the Coaches son's aren't that great. It is supposed to be an unbiased grading/evaluation that is performed by the Coaches and the Board of Directors for the league. They go out and watch 5 games during the year and evaluate the kids and rank them. There are 2 teams, an A and B. The top 10 automatically go to the A team and the Coach of the A team can choose 2 more players that are ranked from 11 - 15. Once they pick the two, then the next 10 players go to the B team and the Coach then picks the last two from 23-27.

Needless to say you have "Dad's" that have their heads and lips so far up the various league Coaches asses that it becomes this HUGE political race of how many Coaches you can convince that your son is the BEST!

I was raised by my Father that if you want something you get it yourself, and thus I REFUSE to go and brown nose my way into the league.

This year was especially hard because my son is playing his first year of Pinto (7-8 yr olds) where the kids pitch to each other. He has a batting average of .684, an amazing on base percentage and is one of the better pitchers and 3rd basemen in the league. I find out that he made All-Stars but that he made the "B" team and not the "A" team. I ask why did he not make the "A" team, what was he ranked?

Bottom line was, "You didn't give the league enough love and commitment thus your son wasn't ranked as high as he COULD have been".

So what am I getting at here with this long diatribe......unfortunately POLITICS are everywhere and when your 7yr old son gets screwed over because of it....it REALLY makes you want to give someone a beat down!

Last edited by camar00t; 05-21-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: grammar
camar00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #8864
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

Quote:
Now, I'm sure people are reading the responses in our thread or others thinking we're all angry we didn't win. That's not true at all. Not everyone can win obviously, and I(we) know that. That's how a competition works, ha-ha. There were so many deserving cars in every class that didn't get the recognition they deserved (not just the Camaro class). Now, that's obviously subjective, but it still seemed a bit off the path. I know for myself, I could care less if I win or not. Life goes on and I didn't build the car to win trophies. I never expect to win anything, and I go to have fun, see the smiles on peoples faces, and talk to car enthusiasts, owners, builders, etc. That's truly my favorite part. I built my car the way it is because I absolutely love watching it come together to a real vision from what I wrote on paper. I pay for the car, so I wanted to build it for me to appreciate and love it every time I see it in the garage and take it for a drive. The same goes for other people and their cars. I just simply want to have fun with friends and other car enthusiasts regardless of where your from, who you are, and what taste of mods you have. Now, if there does happen to be a competition in any car show though, it needs to be judged on a fair level for all that attend .
Well said Tommy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chito View Post
I had a blast hanging out with all of you yesterday and saturday night but I won't say anything about saturday night, it will be like vegas style what happened there stays there
AGREED !!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #8865
Chito
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
I went to the show to support everyone, I knew I didn't have a chance to win at all, the only reason why I went is because we need it the numbers for the camaros to have their own class so that's why I went, of course besides to hang out with all of you, but to me the biggest surprise was all the attention the cars were getting, I saw so many people stopping by and taking pictures of the car and themselves next to the car, I had people telling me how they like the car and asking me about certain things I had done to the car and even some members didn't even know that was my car since I changed some things before the show and that was the biggest kick for me this weekend, believe me I wouldn't mind winning a trophy, but for me my trophy this weekend was all the attention the car was getting and for I will take that as a win, since I didn't expect that at all.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #8866
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Guys, sorry this show went sour for you. Was hoping to here good things from you. You guys have some awesome cars so don't let this get you down. These shows live and die by sponsors and the people that buy their product. Money speaks loud and clear to these guys if you know what I mean.

On a lighter note, I entered the Ventura Super Car Show at the Ventura Fair Grounds yesterday. Over 500 cars entered with lots of catagories. Mine was Modern Domestic. Was up against other Camaros, Mustangs, Dodges and Corvettes. I took first. Had a blast and got a sun burn. Lots of food and lots of gourgeous cars and Ladies.

Keep the faith guys and see you around hopefully.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #8867
909Camaro!
!!SoCal HT5!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro
congrats Tom D that's awesome!!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #8868
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by camar00t View Post
Unfortunately this is the way the World works these days. POLITICS are everywhere. I am experiencing them first hand at my 7yr old's Pony Baseball league. They have All-Stars each year for the supposed "Top" players. Well you of course have the Coaches son's who get voted to the upper echelon and needless to say a lot of the Coaches son's aren't that great. It is supposed to be an unbiased grading/evaluation that is performed by the Coaches and the Board of Directors for the league. They go out and watch 5 games during the year and evaluate the kids and rank them. There are 2 teams, an A and B. The top 10 automatically go to the A team and the Coach of the A team can choose 2 more players that are ranked from 11 - 15. Once they pick the two, then the next 10 players go to the B team and the Coach then picks the last two from 23-27.

Needless to say you have "Dad's" that have their heads and lips so far up the various league Coaches asses that it becomes this HUGE political race of how many Coaches you can convince that your son is the BEST!

I was raised by my Father that if you want something you get it yourself, and thus I REFUSE to go and brown nose my way into the league.

This year was especially hard because my son is playing his first year of Pinto (7-8 yr olds) where the kids pitch to each other. He has a batting average of .684, an amazing on base percentage and is one of the better pitchers and 3rd basemen in the league. I find out that he made All-Stars but that he made the "B" team and not the "A" team. I ask why did he not make the "A" team, what was he ranked?

Bottom line was, "You didn't give the league enough love and commitment thus your son wasn't ranked as high as he COULD have been".

So what am I getting at here with this long diatribe......unfortunately POLITICS are everywhere and when your 7yr old son gets screwed over because of it....it REALLY makes you want to give someone a beat down!
You know, that's a true shame especially when kids are involved. Wow, that definitely would make any parent pissed. It's gets irratating for sure, but at least your a father that will teach his son the correct way which is workin hard for what you want in life, and it's done by persistence and dedication. It's the coaches loss, and they know it. Their noses are to packed with smelly dung to sniff the smelling salt and wake up.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #8869
Chito
SoCal HT5

Now on what gordon said about getting together and not always the same guys, I agreed with him on that, I know we all have things going on, but let's make an effort to show up and when we said that we are showing up, really meant it and show up, don't just say yes I will be there and then at the last minute cancel. I had something going on with my kids on saturday and that's why I didn't make it on saturday morning, but I made sure the car got there, BTW I don't think my friend will read this, but thank you for driving my car and somewhat kinda clean it for me, but anyways the car got there on time, so when you say that you will make it, mean it.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #8870
Chito
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Now, I'm sure people are reading the responses in our thread or others thinking we're all angry we didn't win. That's not true at all. Not everyone can win obviously, and I(we) know that. That's how a competition works, ha-ha. There were so many deserving cars in every class that didn't get the recognition they deserved (not just the Camaro class). Now, that's obviously subjective, but it still seemed a bit off the path. I know for myself, I could care less if I win or not. Life goes on and I didn't build the car to win trophies. I never expect to win anything, and I go to have fun, see the smiles on peoples faces, and talk to car enthusiasts, owners, builders, etc. That's truly my favorite part. I built my car the way it is because I absolutely love watching it come together to a real vision from what I wrote on paper. I pay for the car, so I wanted to build it for me to appreciate and love it every time I see it in the garage and take it for a drive. The same goes for other people and their cars. I just simply want to have fun with friends and other car enthusiasts regardless of where your from, who you are, and what taste of mods you have. Now, if there does happen to be a competition in any car show though, it needs to be judged on a fair level for all that attend .
Well said tommy, couldn't agree more with you there. you are so right, its an amazing feeling when you see your vision come alive.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #8871
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Guys, sorry this show went sour for you. Was hoping to here good things from you. You guys have some awesome cars so don't let this get you down. These shows live and die by sponsors and the people that buy their product. Money speaks loud and clear to these guys if you know what I mean.

On a lighter note, I entered the Ventura Super Car Show at the Ventura Fair Grounds yesterday. Over 500 cars entered with lots of catagories. Mine was Modern Domestic. Was up against other Camaros, Mustangs, Dodges and Corvettes. I took first. Had a blast and got a sun burn. Lots of food and lots of gourgeous cars and Ladies.

That's fantastic Tom!! Congratulations, and that's a great win against so many cars! Your car deserves every bit of it. I can't wait to see it again.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #8872
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
Quote:
here's my opinion about the show yesterday, I had a blast hanging out with all of you yesterday and saturday night but I won't say anything about saturday night, it will be like vegas style what happened there stays there. now about sponsor cars, I don't have nothing against sponsor cars, heck I wouldn't mind getting sponsor I need some wheels and a supercharge so if anybody wants to sponsor me I'll take it. but I guess I'm a little bias when I say that gordon or tommy should off been recognized n like I said maybe I'm bias since I know how much time, effort and money they have spend on making their cars look amazing and I'm not saying that the cars that won haven't done the same on putting the time etc, but I don't know them, but I do know gordon, tommy and I know how hard they have worked on their cars and that's why I said I'm being bias, but anyhow congrats to the cars that won and congrats to all the cars that went to the show and thanks to all the guys that showed up to the show to give us support. Had a blast this weekend.
word up partna couldnt have said it better
Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #8873
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

Quote:
Originally Posted by camar00t View Post

damn bro sorry to hear that, hopefully you are talking to your son about politics early on in life as a child so when he is an adult he can know how to handle things

Quote:
I went to the show to support everyone, I knew I didn't have a chance to win at all, the only reason why I went is because we need it the numbers for the camaros to have their own class so that's why I went, of course besides to hang out with all of you, but to me the biggest surprise was all the attention the cars were getting, I saw so many people stopping by and taking pictures of the car and themselves next to the car, I had people telling me how they like the car and asking me about certain things I had done to the car and even some members didn't even know that was my car since I changed some things before the show and that was the biggest kick for me this weekend, believe me I wouldn't mind winning a trophy, but for me my trophy this weekend was all the attention the car was getting and for I will take that as a win, since I didn't expect that at all.
haha I know huh , Tommy was freaking out everytime someone touched his car ahahaha it was priceless, someone would touch it or lean on it and he would run up to them and say " hi how's it going " haha the look on their face was funny every time

Quote:

now thats a true car show right there where the judging is based on peoples votes and CONGRATS brother, we still need to do a huge event for Joey's shop, im thinking sometime in June, perfect summer weather
Old 05-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #8874
TCAT

Quote:
here's my opinion about the show yesterday, I had a blast hanging out with all of you yesterday and saturday night but I won't say anything about saturday night, it will be like vegas style what happened there stays there. now about sponsor cars, I don't have nothing against sponsor cars, heck I wouldn't mind getting sponsor I need some wheels and a supercharge so if anybody wants to sponsor me I'll take it. but I guess I'm a little bias when I say that gordon or tommy should off been recognized n like I said maybe I'm bias since I know how much time, effort and money they have spend on making their cars look amazing and I'm not saying that the cars that won haven't done the same on putting the time etc, but I don't know them, but I do know gordon, tommy and I know how hard they have worked on their cars and that's why I said I'm being bias, but anyhow congrats to the cars that won and congrats to all the cars that went to the show and thanks to all the guys that showed up to the show to give us support. Had a blast this weekend.
I really appreciate you saying that. Let me tell you, I shit bricks when your car pulled up on Saturday. Now THAT was a shock because I have never seen the theme you chose. It truly looked amazing, and all the guys really noticed it and were drawn to it like a moth to a flame. The carbon with pinstripe outlines looked incredible. It was on a whole other level than before and it always looked bitchin. You have damn good taste my friend. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do in the future.

I've always had high amounts of respect for you. You are a genuinely great guy that keeps family close, and always first like it should be. Yet, you still have time to do other hobbies, and even get your car to the show when you are busy. I really admire how you got your car there, and that shows true character.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #8875
camar00t
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
damn bro sorry to hear that, hopefully you are talking to your son about politics early on in life as a child so when he is an adult he can know how to handle things

haha I know huh , Tommy was freaking out everytime someone touched his car ahahaha it was priceless, someone would touch it or lean on it and he would run up to them and say " hi how's it going " haha the look on their face was funny every time

now thats a true car show right there where the judging is based on peoples votes and CONGRATS brother, we still need to do a huge event for Joey's shop, im thinking sometime in June, perfect summer weather

Yeah I tell him all the time "Let your glove and bat do the talking" Don't worry about what other people are saying because if your glove and bat do the talking they can't do a darn thing to bring you down.

Now the worst part is I have to be with these brown nose jerkoff's all summery long for All-Stars

Anyways, I just wanted to shed the light on Politics being everywhere and unavoidable these days. When the economy is in the shitter and you rely on sponsors to make events happen you are gonna get screwed these days.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #8876
Chito
SoCal HT5

Quote:

Congrats on the win, your car looks amazing, I still remember all mods you have in your car and she looks amazing.