Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #8975
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Road Course Inde Motorsports, Wilcox, AZ 12-13 October

Registration is open earlier than normal. $160 for one day/ $250 for both days.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1633

You will also need a NASA license for $45 and its good for a year.

The place is awesome: http://www.indemotorsports.com/site/

Stock cars will be fine in the HPDE events, but it is hard on tires and brakes. Highly recommend upgrading to some quality DOT4 brake fluid if you want to push it. If you have never been on a road course, sign up for HPDE1. In class instruction is good and having an in car instructor will make you learn a lot faster. Plus, they won't let you on the track without it.

I will be there! Just signed up.

Spectators are free. You just have to behave yourselves...

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #8976
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
I love INDE!!! My fav course in Southern AZ. You can really get some speed going and theres a couple high speed turns (depending on the setup).

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #8977
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Competition was tough in Bisbee this past weekend. Great weather, blue skies and 139 entries. Town was packed.
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #8978
Blue Grinder

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS IBM w white stripes
Even after the money and work I put into my 2LT, I was never fully satisfied. Once I heard that Orielly got some 2014's in, curiosity sent me there to "look" at them in person. Then the salesman brought me keys to an SS. They were just unloaded off the truck and haven't been inspected yet so nobody was supposed to test drive it yet. He said he would ask for forgiveness later. Wow, what a huge difference that V8 makes. I was completely blown away. And not just the acceleration and speed, but the response, the smoothness of the shifting, and the ease of the clutch. Unbelievable. I love my little V6 but knew I was missing something. We played with numbers and it just wasn't good enough to trade in my baby. They offered 21K for my car at first. Then I went over all the money I've put into her, then they offered 22.5K...still not enough. They threw in free gap and tint...nope, not good. Almost a week later my salesman texts me that the car is detailed and ready to go. I said I'm not biting. He sent a pic of the car in the showroom. I sent him a pic of my car. He replied "V6 with a frown face." Then he sent a video of the car in the showroom. They are now offering 25K for my trade. I bought it for about 29K 2 and a half years ago. Pretty damn good deal. Well, he got me and I was in the next day. So I now believe I may be the first 2014 Camaro owner in Tucson.

As with most people, I didn't care too much for the new back end. It is growing on me but here is my opinion on all the changes. I absolutely love the new OEM spoiler, major upgrade from previous spoiler. Tail lights are OK but I do understand that they are trying to implement the '69 look of them. I could do without the diffuser. I don't like how it leaves everything exposed underneath and will be changed out in the future. The new exhaust tips are an upgrade in my opinion. I also absolutely love the new front end. I think the extractor looks way more aggressive than the mail slot. The halos are also much brighter and can be seen in full daylight. The color HUD is sweet and has a G-force meter. The color DIC is also nice and has a lap timer (not sure if it's in the previous SS). The rearview mirror is also slightly smaller with touch Onstar buttons.

All in all, no regrets and I am completely satisfied with my purchase. My mind went back and forth for a week and I know I made the right decision. Of course I miss my old car but there is no looking back. The last 2 pics are of my old car.
Attached Images

Blue Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #8979
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Congrats!! Can't wait to see it at our next get together. Perma Grin. again
Old 09-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #8980
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Congrats!

Congrats on the new car!

So glad the numbers worked out for you.

Big Sis and I share in your joy.

Buckeye
Old 09-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #8981
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grinder View Post
Even after the money and work I put into my 2LT, I was never fully satisfied. Once I heard that Orielly got some 2014's in, curiosity sent me there to "look" at them in person. Then the salesman brought me keys to an SS. They were just unloaded off the truck and haven't been inspected yet so nobody was supposed to test drive it yet. He said he would ask for forgiveness later. Wow, what a huge difference that V8 makes. I was completely blown away. And not just the acceleration and speed, but the response, the smoothness of the shifting, and the ease of the clutch. Unbelievable. I love my little V6 but knew I was missing something. We played with numbers and it just wasn't good enough to trade in my baby. They offered 21K for my car at first. Then I went over all the money I've put into her, then they offered 22.5K...still not enough. They threw in free gap and tint...nope, not good. Almost a week later my salesman texts me that the car is detailed and ready to go. I said I'm not biting. He sent a pic of the car in the showroom. I sent him a pic of my car. He replied "V6 with a frown face." Then he sent a video of the car in the showroom. They are now offering 25K for my trade. I bought it for about 29K 2 and a half years ago. Pretty damn good deal. Well, he got me and I was in the next day. So I now believe I may be the first 2014 Camaro owner in Tucson.

As with most people, I didn't care too much for the new back end. It is growing on me but here is my opinion on all the changes. I absolutely love the new OEM spoiler, major upgrade from previous spoiler. Tail lights are OK but I do understand that they are trying to implement the '69 look of them. I could do without the diffuser. I don't like how it leaves everything exposed underneath and will be changed out in the future. The new exhaust tips are an upgrade in my opinion. I also absolutely love the new front end. I think the extractor looks way more aggressive than the mail slot. The halos are also much brighter and can be seen in full daylight. The color HUD is sweet and has a G-force meter. The color DIC is also nice and has a lap timer (not sure if it's in the previous SS). The rearview mirror is also slightly smaller with touch Onstar buttons.

All in all, no regrets and I am completely satisfied with my purchase. My mind went back and forth for a week and I know I made the right decision. Of course I miss my old car but there is no looking back. The last 2 pics are of my old car.
Awesome, can't wait to see it in person!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #8982
Tamaras2SS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel 2SS/RS L99
Congrats in the new car!!! Awesome!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #8983
cruiser

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Just found this page

I always thought the Camaro5 site was dedicated to the Gen 5 but I was told the Tucson group will allow the 1st to 4th gens to join them here

I have a 67 Camaro and live in the Rita Ranch area. We are new to Tucson, been here for about a year. My 67 is painted Inferno Orange Metalic. Hope to see you all around town. and meet a few people. You can't really miss mine...it's looks different than most 67 Camaros and the color really stands out.

Hope you don't mind if I show her off a little here....

cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #8984
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
I always thought the Camaro5 site was dedicated to the Gen 5 but I was told the Tucson group will allow the 1st to 4th gens to join them here

I have a 67 Camaro and live in the Rita Ranch area. We are new to Tucson, been here for about a year. My 67 is painted Inferno Orange Metalic. Hope to see you all around town. and meet a few people. You can't really miss mine...it's looks different than most 67 Camaros and the color really stands out.

Hope you don't mind if I show her off a little here....

Very Nice, of course your welcome.
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #8985
cruiser

Drives: 1967 Camaro
When/where do you have your next meeting?
cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #8986
gotroost

Blue Grinder and Cruiser - nice rides!

Now I'm thinking about an IOM 67 to add to the toys... Dammit.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #8987
gotroost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
I love INDE!!! My fav course in Southern AZ. You can really get some speed going and theres a couple high speed turns (depending on the setup).
Hope to see you out there! I saw your car out there once, but you were gone before I could find you. Just had a set of Nitto NT01s mounted today. Can't wait.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #8988
sk8rax350

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS
Stock 2010 Camaro SS Parts (Hood, grill, tail lights, airbox) F/S

I am posting this for a co-worker that is looking to clear some space in his garage since he doesn't have the Camaro anymore. These are all stock parts off of the 2010 Camaro SS pictured below. I am unsure of shipping at the moment, but I'm sure he would be willing to work something out at your request. Located in Tucson, AZ.

Stock 2010 Camaro SS hood, white with orange rally stripes - $200.00
Stock 2010 Camaro SS grill with SS & Chevy bowtie emblems - $50.00
Stock 2010 Camaro SS tail lights, without bezels - $50.00
Stock 2010 Camaro SS airbox with new filter - $25.00

1999 Camaro SS M6 - Mac headers | ORY | Flowmaster | SLP Lid | SSRA | Pro 5.0 | SFC
1999 Camaro SS M6 - SOLD OBX LT+Y | Borla | LS6 intake | SLP MAF | K&N FIPK | LS7 clutch
1998 Camaro Z28 A4 - Totaled Borla | K&N FIPK
sk8rax350 is offline   Reply With Quote