Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #897
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
So, best as I can tell from 2012 pricing, a 1LE with EVERY available option would add just over $8000 to the base price of a 1SS with 1LE, so I guess a $48000 1LE will likely be possible and I agree, you would have to think seriously about adding another $7000 and getting a ZL1 at that point (which would not have every available option). I plan to drive the car regularly, just like I did my 2010 1SS and have a window sticker of about $41000 (I only ordered one option beyond 1LE, which was the NPP exhaust), reduced by the GM card rebate and some off of the MSRP for a total of less than $40,000, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised when the pricing comes out and find out that it would be a little less than that.

I don't see how leather, sunroof, rear parking sensors and camera, etc. make it more of a daily driver... they are just extras if you want them. I think the reason not to buy this for an everyday car for some will be the ride quality. I expect it to ride hard and corner harder.
I agree that the ride quality may be a little rough. We will just have to wait and see what the pricing looks like because I'm on the fence between a 2SS or the 1LE. At least there are more options to choose from which is always good.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #898
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
Blue in the face
Old 05-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #899
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
So you don't believe the press release that says it will base under $40,000? I don't know why anyone would order the 1LE with every available option... it doesn't make sense with the mission of the car, but I guess that is up to the individual.
You are right, it does not make sense that a buyer would order such a package and add a bunch of useless options, but the dealers certainly will.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #900
stephen123453

Drives: 2003 silverado LS EXT cab
1le not the z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
this is not the z28 the 1le is a package from older camaros like the early 70s i think i cant remember but
stephen123453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #901
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen123453 View Post
this is not the z28 the 1le is a package from older camaros like the early 70s i think i cant remember but
'88 it started and only 4 were produced

Welcome aboard this crazy place called Camaro5!!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #902
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The 1LE option is a track ready car of the showroom floor with the hardware and coolers to make it reliable lap after lap. Buy a HD differential, drive and half shafts in the aftermarket with installation and you'll be stealing to get it for less for less than $9,000. It is standard on the 1LE. A 5th Gen with the 1LE option is the Deal of the Century.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #903
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
The 1LE option is a track ready car of the showroom floor with the hardware and coolers to make it reliable lap after lap. Buy a HD differential, drive and half shafts in the aftermarket with installation and you'll be stealing to get it for less for less than $9,000. It is standard on the 1LE. A 5th Gen with the 1LE option is the Deal of the Century.
I agree for the most part, but it depends on how strong the different half shafts will be. You also have to look at the competition. The mustang track pack costs only $2500.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #904
Beauespirit

Drives: 13' Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I ordered the 1LE 2SS/RS with NPP. The order was submitted but I found out today that the 1LE order is restricted right now.

This car will be my daily driver and unfotunatly it will be sitting outside because I don't have enough garage space. A 1LE 2ss/RS with NPP are options that the ZL1 comes with standard. Nav and sunroof are an option even on the ZL1, but I didn't opt for Nav because technology advances quickly and the nav system will quickly become dated. Plus who wants to pay to constantly upgrade the maps. I rather use my Garmin or Smartphone which will have constant current maps at no extra cost. I didn't get a sunroof because I never use it anyways in the car I have in the past plus it adds weight and sacrifices a little rigidity. Plus your most likely to have less head room especially when your wearing a helmet. I got the RS package because I had to have the HID with the Halo lights, it really makes the car pop and the HID will help you better a night when your racing around. I would of got the 1SS over the 2SS, because I like everything bare bones, but I like having the nostalgic 4 pack gauges. Being a daily I guess the rear parking camera helps out too because of limited visibility especially in the C pillars. Someone said it best before that the visibility is like a Panzer Tank. For some they would also want the HUD, which it does help in some racing applications. For serious racing, come on, todays cars are way too big and heavy. I remember when people were complaining back in the day that the 4th Gen Camaro was way too heavy, and that car weighted in at 3400lbs compare to the 5 gen 5000+ lbs. I'm getting this camaro for the image, looks and feel considering it's just going to be a daily for me.

Oh and the NPP, you can pull a fuse or get a aftermarket mild to wild switch to have the baffles opened up all the time and you'll have an exhaust note that's way better than the stock exhuast which on all pony cars these days are way too muted. It's embarasing the my C63 sounds like how a proper American muscle car should. I'm estimating that my build will come in at $44k at the highest. If you add NAV and Sunroof it'll probably kick the price up to $47-48k. which is close to the ZL1 territory, but remember right now a lot of dealer are marking up the Zl1 to stratospheric prices.
13' GT-R BE
11' C63 w/Development Pkg
04' C320
08' RS4 w/Ti Pkg
01.5' S4 Avant
72' P1800E
07' LX470
Beauespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #905
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I agree for the most part, but it depends on how strong the different half shafts will be. You also have to look at the competition. The mustang track pack costs only $2500.
I would take a guess the shafts and diff are good to at least 800 RWHP.

I am not sure about it, but I don't think the Mustang Track Package comes with a rear Brembos or a dif cooler or a tranny cooler. Maybe a Mustang guy can fill in the blanks here.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #906
JusticePete

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauespirit View Post
I ordered the 1LE 2SS/RS with NPP. The order was submitted but I found out today that the 1LE order is restricted right now.

This car will be my daily driver and unfotunatly it will be sitting outside because I don't have enough garage space. A 1LE 2ss/RS with NPP are options that the ZL1 comes with standard. Nav and sunroof are an option even on the ZL1, but I didn't opt for Nav because technology advances quickly and the nav system will quickly become dated. Plus who wants to pay to constantly upgrade the maps. I rather use my Garmin or Smartphone which will have constant current maps at no extra cost. I didn't get a sunroof because I never use it anyways in the car I have in the past plus it adds weight and sacrifices a little rigidity. Plus your most likely to have less head room especially when your wearing a helmet. I got the RS package because I had to have the HID with the Halo lights, it really makes the car pop and the HID will help you better a night when your racing around. I would of got the 1SS over the 2SS, because I like everything bare bones, but I like having the nostalgic 4 pack gauges. Being a daily I guess the rear parking camera helps out too because of limited visibility especially in the C pillars. Someone said it best before that the visibility is like a Panzer Tank. For some they would also want the HUD, which it does help in some racing applications. For serious racing, come on, todays cars are way too big and heavy. I remember when people were complaining back in the day that the 4th Gen Camaro was way too heavy, and that car weighted in at 3400lbs compare to the 5 gen 5000+ lbs. I'm getting this camaro for the image, looks and feel considering it's just going to be a daily for me.

Oh and the NPP, you can pull a fuse or get a aftermarket mild to wild switch to have the baffles opened up all the time and you'll have an exhaust note that's way better than the stock exhuast which on all pony cars these days are way too muted. It's embarasing the my C63 sounds like how a proper American muscle car should. I'm estimating that my build will come in at $44k at the highest. If you add NAV and Sunroof it'll probably kick the price up to $47-48k. which is close to the ZL1 territory, but remember right now a lot of dealer are marking up the Zl1 to stratospheric prices.
Your point on the sunroof is well taken. I am average in height and my helmet bangs on the headliner in sunroof equipped 5th Gens. Then there is the added weight in the worst possible spot...
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #907
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see mention of an upgraded differential or a differential cooler.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #908
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see mention of an upgraded differential or a differential cooler.
On the 1LE or stang?

I didn't see any mention of upgraded differential or differential cooler on the 1LE either.

Mustang comes with torsen differential.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #909
MR.CamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
i would love to have the back half of the car the rear end, tires, rims and suspension components. sounds like a nice option if you cant afford the ZL1
MR.CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #910
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
On the 1LE or stang?

I didn't see any mention of upgraded differential or differential cooler on the 1LE either.

Mustang comes with torsen differential.
I'm talking about the 1LE.

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?