Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 11-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #9269
'13Inferno

Drives: '13 Camaro LS
For those that haven't heard, I got my throttle body ported And had the time from hell right after. V6's don't handle it as well as v8's. I kept getting a check engine light, service stabilitrac, and engine power reduced while driving. Along with having my car actually stall while driving 70mph on the freeway. And when the engine power reduced comes on, the brake pedal becomes solid and can barely be pressed in, so hard stopping is non existent. After multiple attempts to reset the system by pulling the battery, I think we finally got the code to clear and stay off. Bodih helped me clear the code. Made it back home and the code hasn't come back on. Need to try driving again tomorrow to double check. Me and bodih checked my maf sensor and we think I have a weak one. Mine has only one letter "Q". So I might be ordering a new strong sensor so I can have piece of mind.

Anyone considering a port and polish on a new v6, talk to me first just so I can fill you in on a few things. It does make a world of difference driving but could possibly cause an issue the first time. Thanks to joe cordes and everyone else who helped with my car today. It's much appreciated.

Oh, also got my car signed by Scott Settlemire which was super cool
Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #9270
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Thank you everyone for coming yesterday. Had a great time with great friends. Jeff I am glad to hear your good to go.
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #9271
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Here is a nice write up on Scott Settlemire, I meet him last night!!! I know I am a dork, but heck my Camaro is almost complete now

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/04/...-z28-and-more/
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #9272
jd4eva98

Drives: 2013 camaro
had a great time yesterday thanks to all that made it up Im going to tell Joe he needs to invest in a obd II code reader lol glad bob was able to get it fixed hopefully
jd4eva98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #9273
Bradley
Gray Eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM, 1994 Camaro
I agree, yesterday was a very fun day, I'm happy to hear the car is fixed. It was fun meeting and seeing everyone again. Thanks to all..

Ordered - 14 Aug 2009 Born - 4 Nov 2009 Delivered - 17 Dec 2009
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #9274
jd4eva98

Hey Gus are you down there in Tucson blowing doughnuts in all the parking lots now lol
Old 11-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #9275
'13Inferno

unfortunately my car is still have problems. it did it twice again today driving. I was going to swap out sensors with my father, he ordered a 'strong' sensor but his is an entirely different design. His is for a v8, which must make a difference. we were comparing mine and his. His has 5 pins where the connector attaches, mine has 8 pins so it for sure wont connect. Im not sure I can even order a strong sensor because any 'strong' sensor I do order from apex or gmpartsdirect might be designed for a v8 and wont fit my car. If I go to the dealer and have them look at it, they will most likely see that it was modified so they might not cover it under warranty. I thought about just taking the hit and ordering a vmax ported throttle body from apex but then I have to pay a core charge and they might not accept mine as a core charge. and also, that still might not even fix my problem. for some reason, my car just does not like being ported. And I have no idea where to go from here...? Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated
Old 11-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #9276
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by '13Inferno View Post
unfortunately my car is still have problems. it did it twice again today driving. I was going to swap out sensors with my father, he ordered a 'strong' sensor but his is an entirely different design. His is for a v8, which must make a difference. we were comparing mine and his. His has 5 pins where the connector attaches, mine has 8 pins so it for sure wont connect. I'm not sure I can even order a strong sensor because any 'strong' sensor I do order from apex or gmpartsdirect might be designed for a v8 and wont fit my car. If I go to the dealer and have them look at it, they will most likely see that it was modified so they might not cover it under warranty. I thought about just taking the hit and ordering a vmax ported throttle body from apex but then I have to pay a core charge and they might not accept mine as a core charge. and also, that still might not even fix my problem. for some reason, my car just does not like being ported. And I have no idea where to go from here...? Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated
You should contact Joe, I am sure he can figure out a solution. You can also take it to the dealer and have them reset your computer, just tell them it threw a code, and see if they can reset it. You would be surprised on how much they do not look at things. Try both options, I hope it all works out. I think Joe would like to figure this out as well, your the first out of many, but you may not be the last. This can help others as well.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #9277
jd4eva98

Quote:
unfortunately my car is still have problems. it did it twice again today driving. I was going to swap out sensors with my father, he ordered a 'strong' sensor but his is an entirely different design. His is for a v8, which must make a difference. we were comparing mine and his. His has 5 pins where the connector attaches, mine has 8 pins so it for sure wont connect. Im not sure I can even order a strong sensor because any 'strong' sensor I do order from apex or gmpartsdirect might be designed for a v8 and wont fit my car. If I go to the dealer and have them look at it, they will most likely see that it was modified so they might not cover it under warranty. I thought about just taking the hit and ordering a vmax ported throttle body from apex but then I have to pay a core charge and they might not accept mine as a core charge. and also, that still might not even fix my problem. for some reason, my car just does not like being ported. And I have no idea where to go from here...? Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated
call joe and set up a time for him to look at it ill take the trip up there with you if you want at least give him a shot at making it right
Old 11-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #9278
jd4eva98

one other option is ask joe to send you a core that he stocks so your cars running fine again then either mail yours to him or bring it to lil anthonys this Saturday and ill take it to him and have him look at it
Old 11-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #9279
'13Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4eva98 View Post
one other option is ask joe to send you a core that he stocks so your cars running fine again then either mail yours to him or bring it to lil anthonys this Saturday and ill take it to him and have him look at it

does he carry stock v6 Camaro throttle bodies?

I was wondering, could we plan a day, maybe sometime soon, I could drive over to your house and if you wouldn't mind, take your throttle body off your car and install it on my car and I could drive it around for an hour or two and see if I am still getting the same kind of problems. our cars are exactly identical so the throttle bodies would be identical. if the problems still come back, then I know that my car just has a problem with ported throttle bodies in general. if all the problems go away, then there is a problem with just my throttle body. maybe he took off too much metal, or he got the connector wet when he was cleaning it, or something.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #9280
'13Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
You should contact Joe, I am sure he can figure out a solution. You can also take it to the dealer and have them reset your computer, just tell them it threw a code, and see if they can reset it. You would be surprised on how much they do not look at things. Try both options, I hope it all works out. I think Joe would like to figure this out as well, your the first out of many, but you may not be the last. This can help others as well.

would the dealer resetting it be any different than bodih resetting it last night? He reset it with his code reader and removed the check engine light. I drove it from his house last night to my house and the check engine light stayed off the whole time. but driving today, all the problems came back
Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #9281
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Quote:
would the dealer resetting it be any different than bodih resetting it last night? He reset it with his code reader and removed the check engine light. I drove it from his house last night to my house and the check engine light stayed off the whole time. but driving today, all the problems came back
What kind of codes are you getting? Use the code reader to see what it says.
Just a guess but I think you are having issues with your MAF. Since you have an aftermarket intake, it's possible the filter oil is affecting the MAF (depending on how saturated the filter is). Aside from the MAF, check to make sure all sensor wires are undamaged/plugged in under the hood.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #9282
NO2SNO

Drives: 2012 1LT Convertible FUN in the SUN
OH OH - This morning when I started up to go to work my check engine light was on! It seemed to run fine, but now I'm a little concerned. Should I just unhook the battery let it set for awhile and see if that takes care of the problem. It is possible the "check-engine" light was on on my way back to Tucson Saturday. I didn't notice if it was on as I had the top down in the bright sunlight.

Jeff - it sounds like besides from the check engine light you also had performance issues, correct?

Gus
NO2SNO is offline   Reply With Quote