Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 11-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #9283
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO2SNO View Post
OH OH - This morning when I started up to go to work my check engine light was on! It seemed to run fine, but now I'm a little concerned. Should I just unhook the battery let it set for awhile and see if that takes care of the problem. It is possible the "check-engine" light was on on my way back to Tucson Saturday. I didn't notice if it was on as I had the top down in the bright sunlight.

Jeff - it sounds like besides from the check engine light you also had performance issues, correct?

Gus
Jason is calling Joe about this, His Camaro is acting weird also. I will update asap.
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #9284
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
From Joe,
He said take it to the dealer and clear it it should take care of it he's thinking the ecm is holding the code and throwing it back out after a lil bit he is also doing some reserch on the 12-13 v6 to see if anyone else has had these issues but found nothing yet but said to keep him in the loop
Old 11-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #9285
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO2SNO View Post
OH OH - This morning when I started up to go to work my check engine light was on! It seemed to run fine, but now I'm a little concerned. Should I just unhook the battery let it set for awhile and see if that takes care of the problem. It is possible the "check-engine" light was on on my way back to Tucson Saturday. I didn't notice if it was on as I had the top down in the bright sunlight.

Jeff - it sounds like besides from the check engine light you also had performance issues, correct?

Gus
Gus,
you can follow Jeff's thread as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7194773

It really does sound like the dealer needs to reset this code, and then you should be good to go (fingers crossed)
Old 11-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #9286
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Here are some goodies, and it does not void your warranty

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...o#RearBreakKit
Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #9287
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Yet another reason not to buy a Ford

Ford makes a car lined with Coke-bottle material
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/for...ry?id=20904665
Old 11-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #9288
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Groupon for a Full Car Detail at Cool Auto $129.00

http://www.groupon.com/deals/cool-au...on&d=deal-page
Old 11-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #9289
'13Inferno

Drives: '13 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
From Joe,
He said take it to the dealer and clear it it should take care of it he's thinking the ecm is holding the code and throwing it back out after a lil bit he is also doing some reserch on the 12-13 v6 to see if anyone else has had these issues but found nothing yet but said to keep him in the loop
I don't think I can take it to the dealer. As soon as I bring it in there, they will check the code, see that it has to do with the throttle body, take off the intake tube and they will see that the tb has been modified. They will say since I modified it that they will not cover it under warranty. And then I will have to pay out of pocket for any repairs that are done

Also I already deleted the code once with bodihs code reader and it came back the next day
Old 11-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #9290
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by '13Inferno View Post
I don't think I can take it to the dealer. As soon as I bring it in there, they will check the code, see that it has to do with the throttle body, take off the intake tube and they will see that the tb has been modified. They will say since I modified it that they will not cover it under warranty. And then I will have to pay out of pocket for any repairs that are done
Just have them reset your computer, tell them your CAI was loose, resetting the computer takes a few mins. I do not think that would count as a repair, more as a courtesy.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #9291
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

I PM'ed Joe and the V6's a probable solution.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #9292
'13Inferno

Just called peter at watson. I'm heading over there right now to see if I can get it reset
Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #9293
'13Inferno

So I drove over talked to Peter. He deleted the code and told me as soon as it comes back on and starts acting up to call him, he will get me back in. They will hook up the tech 2 scanner and completely reset and relearn then throttle position sensor. It's not reading properly. It needs to relearn where fully closed 0 volts is, and fully open 5 volts is. Of course, so far, the whole drive home it hasn't come on yet
Old 11-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #9294
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by '13Inferno View Post
So I drove over talked to Peter. He deleted the code and told me as soon as it comes back on and starts acting up to call him, he will get me back in. They will hook up the tech 2 scanner and completely reset and relearn then throttle position sensor. It's not reading properly. It needs to relearn where fully closed 0 volts is, and fully open 5 volts is. Of course, so far, the whole drive home it hasn't come on yet
Good news, lets hope that's it
Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #9295
11SGM2SSRS

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS 6M
Hi guys, my name is Steve and I am Jeff's ('13Inferno) father. I just wanted tell all of you THANK YOU for all the help you have given Jeff the past few days with his car acting up. It is really great to see how Camaro owners stick together and help each other out. I am up here in Minnesota and belong to the Northstar Camaro Club of Minnesota. Of coarse we only get to take our Camaros out for about 6 months per year. My wife and I are considering a move to warmer weather, maybe Tucson. It would be great to meet you all and join in on your get-togethers.
Thanks again guys
Steve
Old 11-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #9296
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Happy to help, we are lucky to have a great group here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2