Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #85
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Baba ok. so is nav a better deal than rs? the nav in the non rs is ok but not a have to have item but agn with the 19 inch polidhed wherls and all seadon pirellis it looks close to rs given both sre black verys
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #86
Cynthius

Drives: '11 2LT/RS (M6) & '85 Toyota MR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
While it's true that the Camaro's top speeds (at least for the SS and V6 models) coincide with the tire ratings, the RS package isn't the key.

ANY Camaro with wheels 19" or larger has at least a 155mph top speed. That means all SSs, all 2LTs, and any 1LT that either has the RS package or the optional 19" wheels.
Knew it was tire dependant, I thought the PZeros were an RS option though... my mistake.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #87
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
The thing is. both cars look very close the same. The non rs had 19 polished wheels. the ts had 20 polished. slight diff in appearance. outside of headlites that is it. both are blsck 2lt verts. the non rs has nav. the rs does not
Huh? both should have navigation they're 13 or newer
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #88
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Huh? both should have navigation they're 13 or newer
Nav. is optional.
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #89
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthius View Post
Knew it was tire dependant, I thought the PZeros were an RS option though... my mistake.
No, you're right, the PZero summer tires are an RS component, on the V6's.

But the 19" tires (PZero Nero all seasons, in my case) are also W speed rated (165 mph), so they get the higher speed limiter, too.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #90
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Some folks in here like the RS and some dont, obviously most do. I had two years to make up my mind as to what car and options to get with it.
I purposely went out looking for an IBM 1LT non RS, why? well unlike most folks in here saying the Halos really complete the car, I tend to disagree and feel the opposite about that. I just love the look of the regular halogen lights(maybe it is the "old school" in me) I just love how it gives the car a classic look reminiscent of my 68 that I used to have. If I bought my car with the Halos I would definitely be selling them and getting a set of halogens......just dont like 'em.
I also wanted the regular aluminum rims that came with the 1LT, I am not one of those folks who worship a big fancy set of rims/wheels, just not my cup of tea, my rims remind me of the older IROC Camaros. Another note to the tires/wheels arguement and as to why I got the car with them on it-these tires are WAY cheaper in the long run, I average 40000 miles on a set of tires, AND when I need a new set I just get on Craigslist and find a set for around $200, that of which I did on my last set, I purchased a set from a fellow member here for $200 and for $30 I had them mounted and balanced, that is a killer deal for a new set of tires that are actually a perfect balance for this particular car, they have never let me down and they ride nice while providing excellent performance.
So what I am saying here, I not only saved the RS money with my initial purchase, I continue to save money every time I buy new tires(close to $500 each time I buy tires)
My car is dark blue, so I really dont care if the moldings and shark fin are painted, they really dont show or stand out.
RS package to me IMHO is a total waste of money, I love my car just the way it is, but if you like all the things that come with the RS package then I suggest you buy it when you purchase it, it is way more worth it then trying to add it all on aftermarket.
......just my two cents
Old 09-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #91
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=77rs;7040812]Nav. is optional.[/QUOTEO

Oh! Well maybe I'm thinking of just the touch screen.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #92
kevinw

Lil blue coupe. thanks. points well taken . yes the 19 are chespet and can rotate them
again both carsvste black anf look similiar. the 20 sre nice and i could live with rd eith all sesdons. i hesrd the hid lites brighter st nite. the non rs had nav which i dont reslly neef eithet. so both rach have prosvsnd cons. i could live with either. but will ser the rs tomortow since non rd dealer pisdef me ofg. he met my price tofsy aftet ownet reamef him for having old inventory. the non rd a year old builf but nee st 60 miles
Old 09-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #93
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Lil blue coupe. thanks. points well taken . yes the 19 are chespet and can rotate them
again both carsvste black anf look similiar. the 20 sre nice and i could live with rd eith all sesdons. i hesrd the hid lites brighter st nite. the non rs had nav which i dont reslly neef eithet. so both rach have prosvsnd cons. i could live with either. but will ser the rs tomortow since non rd dealer pisdef me ofg. he met my price tofsy aftet ownet reamef him for having old inventory. the non rd a year old builf but nee st 60 miles
Lol...

Either you were drinking more as you wrote this post, or I was drinking more as I read it.

Either way, it made less and less sense the further I went.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #94
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Lol...

Either you were drinking more as you wrote this post, or I was drinking more as I read it.

Either way, it made less and less sense the further I went.
lmfao ... After I got through reading it I was like
Old 09-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #95
SteelShadows

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
The thing is. both cars look very close the same. The non rs had 19 polished wheels. the ts had 20 polished. slight diff in appearance. outside of headlites that is it. both are blsck 2lt verts. the non rs has nav. the rs does not
If by nav you are referring to the version of Mylink, then it's not tied to the rs package, it is it's own option.
SteelShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #96
kevinw

Navigation is what i meant. i am typing off a phone. little buttons
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #97
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Navigation is what i meant. i am typing off a phone. little buttons
Glad to hear it was a phone issue. I thought maybe you were having a stroke!
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #98
kevinw

Lol!