Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-20-2020, 07:42 AM   #85
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I can go look and see where my fuse is plugged in for my pump. It matters because you want it to be powered with key on voltage. My pump i mounted in front of the rf tire to the frame in line with the radiator. i can't get a picture of that without removing my wheel liner but i have a whipple so it's probably a different pump.

My fuse plugin used spot 15 in the underhood fuse block.
Thanks Hornet, electrical has always perplexed me. The issue for me right now is mounting the reservoir and pump in a place where I can fit my drill in there to make a hole. For the LSA I think both are supposed to mount on the drivers side, but honestly I think it can mount anywhere as long as the reservoir is higher than the pump.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:13 AM   #86
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Yea you can mount them anywhere. I had to adjust what came with my kit swap the pump around and get different hoses just be sure the reservoir is the high point so you don't trap air.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:16 PM   #87
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Mounted reservoir in the spot where I have seen most put it. It dawned on my I could drill the holes from the wheel side of the body. Ya I guess I have been at this project for awhile and am tired. Almost done. Mounting pump tomorrow putting front fascia back on and it is tune time. Working 9-5 and doing this at night is no joke.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:17 PM   #88
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

So completed the assembly today. It was not easy. The IC pump is my new most hated part. Had to try three different positions to mount it. Finally I found a spot that was below the reservoir and lined up with the hose from the heat exchanger. Tucked away all my wires. Put in the CAI, and wiper fluid reservoir (I had a batwing that doesn’t fit with my new CAI. Pour in a gallon into the radiator and about a 1/2 into the IC reservoir.

Moment of truth, I turn the key to the ACC position and I hear the pump engage. I go around and pour in more coolant and it is flowing!

Then I hear dripping. I shut the car off and got underneath, hard to see so then I went above and looked down. Fluid on the pump, so I checked all the hoses and they were tight. I turn the car back to ACC to witness the leak. Still can’t quite see it and my floor is getting covered in coolant. I feel the bottom of the pump and it is soaked. I shut it off again.

I loosened the bracket and pulled the pump up as much as I could. It is a tight fit in there with the hoses and AC lines. Looks like a machined hole in the front of the pump? Is the bracket supposed to seal that or something? I honestly don’t know if that is where the leak is coming from.

Am I missing something obvious here? Anyone come across this with their Bosch? A plug? It is a new pump.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #89
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The bracket is on the electric motor, not the actual pump. There isn't any water at that point unless the seal inside the pump is bad.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:55 PM   #90
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
The bracket is on the electric motor, not the actual pump. There isn't any water at that point unless the seal inside the pump is bad.
I double checked my hose today, no leaks in any of my connections or the hose. I am going to hook it all up again tomorrow and try again. Maybe the worm clamp wasn’t on fully or something. I doubt it but I am going to make sure. If it leaks then I will be satisfied it is the pump and get a new one.

Got my base tune all ready to go care of CJ Tunes in the Twin Cities. Scheduling my dyno day now that I have it back together. He is booked into June so I have time to see if I have any belt slip or anything else that may go wrong.

With any luck I will be driving tomorrow. I want to do a recap of the project, time spent, cost, setbacks and tips for non-mechanics like myself.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #91
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Dudes. It is done. Turns out pump was fine, user error. Must have had a hose not fully seated or something. Loading my first HP tune took some serious IT work, but got it in. And just took my first drive. Had to keep it tame, my tuner said light throttle till we get some data logs and fine tuning. Dyno sometime in June.

Now, the hood does not clear the lid. Looking for some experienced hands here. Seems like it is the plastic scoop that it is hitting. Can I shave some off the bottom, or is there an insert that fits better. Do I also need to trim some of the insulation?

Happy camper, the sound is great. Can’t really say I have opened it up yet, but I can’t wait. Some before and after pics later, right now I’m cruising.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #92
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Yes. Trim it, or remove it.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:09 PM   #93
2011SSCT

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
Dudes. It is done. Turns out pump was fine, user error. Must have had a hose not fully seated or something. Loading my first HP tune took some serious IT work, but got it in. And just took my first drive. Had to keep it tame, my tuner said light throttle till we get some data logs and fine tuning. Dyno sometime in June.

Now, the hood does not clear the lid. Looking for some experienced hands here. Seems like it is the plastic scoop that it is hitting. Can I shave some off the bottom, or is there an insert that fits better. Do I also need to trim some of the insulation?

Happy camper, the sound is great. Can’t really say I have opened it up yet, but I can’t wait. Some before and after pics later, right now I’m cruising.

Congrats man! I've been reading your thread since the beginning. I'm getting ready to purchase an LSA kit soon.
L99 to LS3, Whipple 2.9 Blower with 3.750 pulley, ID1050x injectors, JRE Rough Idle Blower Cam, BTR Bronze Bushing Trunnion Kit , JRE/BTR .660 Springs, BTR Pushrods, Melling High Volume Oil Pump, ZL1 Fuel Pump, JRE FPCM, JMS BAP, JRE 90MM Ported Throttle Body Circle D 3200 Stall Converter, Ceramic Coated Kooks Long Tubes, Kooks Full Exhaust with Hi Flow Cats, Cold Air Inductions Intake With JRE Scoop, JRE Built Rear Differential with Billet Caps, 3:91 Gears and Eaton TrueTrac Posi, JRE Dyno Tune, Moroso Wires, Moroso Catch Can, Factory Reproductions Gloss Black ZL1 Wheels. 659WHP/566TQ
2011SSCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:19 AM   #94
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Awesome, good deal. You got this done pretty quick.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:06 AM   #95
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011SSCT View Post
Congrats man! I've been reading your thread since the beginning. I'm getting ready to purchase an LSA kit soon.
Do it! Not bad with the kits out there and the support on the forum. The two broken bolts are not something I would recommend.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:07 AM   #96
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Awesome, good deal. You got this done pretty quick.
Lol, I remember actually thinking it was a three day job.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #97
2011SSCT

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
Do it! Not bad with the kits out there and the support on the forum. The two broken bolts are not something I would recommend.

I'm gonna pull the trigger next week! Probably get it from West Michigan Automotive Technology.
L99 to LS3, Whipple 2.9 Blower with 3.750 pulley, ID1050x injectors, JRE Rough Idle Blower Cam, BTR Bronze Bushing Trunnion Kit , JRE/BTR .660 Springs, BTR Pushrods, Melling High Volume Oil Pump, ZL1 Fuel Pump, JRE FPCM, JMS BAP, JRE 90MM Ported Throttle Body Circle D 3200 Stall Converter, Ceramic Coated Kooks Long Tubes, Kooks Full Exhaust with Hi Flow Cats, Cold Air Inductions Intake With JRE Scoop, JRE Built Rear Differential with Billet Caps, 3:91 Gears and Eaton TrueTrac Posi, JRE Dyno Tune, Moroso Wires, Moroso Catch Can, Factory Reproductions Gloss Black ZL1 Wheels. 659WHP/566TQ
2011SSCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #98
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Good shit OP. Told you your build will be done before mine. Lol

Congrats. Now for a cam.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote