Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #85
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Sorry to hear this, again. You'll get this straightened out and be back racing before you know it. .
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #86
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Man im sorry to hear this.I hate to see this happen to anyone and you've been good for the forum and I hope you hang in there.Im going through the same thing with our long time engine builder,he goofed up and did about $18,000 worth of damage,about burnt my car to the ground but wont stand behind it...If theres anything you need from me give me a call anytime.I sure hope you stick with the Maggie,with a few changes I see low 9s....
Old 10-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #87
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Man im sorry to hear this.I hate to see this happen to anyone and you've been good for the forum and I hope you hang in there.Im going through the same thing with our long time engine builder,he goofed up and did about $18,000 worth of damage,about burnt my car to the ground but wont stand behind it...If theres anything you need from me give me a call anytime.I sure hope you stick with the Maggie,with a few changes I see low 9s....
Thank you Thomas. You'll be happy to know that I have NO plans on changing the blower. Or the nitrous. Just need to fix the damage, may some changes in a few critical areas and then I'm back at all.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Seem some can never accept responsibility.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #88
Bad Dad

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS , 2011 C6 Base Corvette
Thumbs up FSP

Supercharged SS
Great move...Im very excited to have my car at FSP and Matts tuning skills. Rodney is great on the wrenches along with his staff. Great Drag Racing applied experience. They really care about the car. Cant say enough.

SUICIDE BY RACECAR
Old 10-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #89
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Wow! sorry to hear this Jamie, I have enjoyed reading about your build since early 2010. Don't sell it, just take a break if you have to. Lots of good advise on here.

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #90
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
I'd totally think the ECS & Matt combo would be killer.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #91
Ray@RDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Thank you Thomas. You'll be happy to know that I have NO plans on changing the blower. Or the nitrous. Just need to fix the damage, may some changes in a few critical areas and then I'm back at all.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Seem some can never accept responsibility.
stick with it guys! better times ahead! squash fueling systems will be a nice addition to a lot of our rides... patiently waiting, aggressively building up
Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #92
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNYS2SS/RS View Post
Wow! sorry to hear this Jamie, I have enjoyed reading about your build since early 2010. Don't sell it, just take a break if you have to. Lots of good advise on here.
I'm not selling it. Just making some changes.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #93
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm not selling it. Just making some changes.
AWESOME Good luck

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
Old 10-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #94
jamesr

Drives: 2012 Camaro ss
Sorry to hear Jamie sucks just take time regroup and get a plan. Good luck
Old 10-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #95
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Agree Matt and ECS would be a good combo, and from what I understand a good history together.

Most importantly, look forward to seeing your progess on the C7. I am partial to vettes. to the vette world.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
Old 10-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #96
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
Agree Matt and ECS would be a good combo, and from what I understand a good history together.

Most importantly, look forward to seeing your progess on the C7. I am partial to vettes. to the vette world.
The C7 is still at ARH being used to prototype headers.

ECS already has the pre order for a 1500

Squash is working on the fuel.

Matt's all over the tune.

We are more than ready.

The gen V will also be given a full once over I'm guessing before it's turned loose.

Trying to look at the bright side. Not the last 2.5 months.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #97
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
This is a Gang up on JRE so in my defense

Jamie I Still Love you Man your a Great Guy with a Passion for Performance.

It has been a Joy to have worked with you in your quest for ET.

We all have our ups and downs and I don't know anyone who has pushed through so many downs in Life as You have, Your a Real Trooper.

As far as this build goes Right from the beginning JRE has done all of the Work at heavily discounted Rates, and Support at the Track Second To None.

JRE Team has put they're heart, soul, and JRE funds in the build which is why it was the first at so many levels along the way.

It is a shame that so many want to focus on the negatives, that is a rough way to go through life.

The decision to use NOS on top of the Supercharger was NOT a JRE decision, I offered up many different alternatives and was denied, which is fine, It is not my car.

This car has more Passes down the track than any other I know of without Breaking!

Yes Things Break, that's Drag Racing.

If you can't stand the heat you have to stay out of the Kitchen right?

Many Very famous Record holders have said if your not breaking parts your not going Fast enough.

A 4400 lb STREET car going 9s is no easy task, it is hard on parts, Does this Make Me a Bad Guy?

I offered to fix the car I was denied which I am fine with.

I wish you all the best and My Door is always open if it doesn't work Out.

As far as the Plugs being the cause is Ludicris We run them with NOS at 1300+ HP with NO issues.

This is simply a Fuel supply issue which I made it known that there was a Potential problem but was told not now over the winter, it leaned out and No plug in the world would have prevented it.

Ted.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #98
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Well, you entered the thread so I guess we can have a public, adult discussion.

Your statement:

This is simply a Fuel supply issue which I made it known that there was a Potential problem but was told not now over the winter, it leaned out and No plug in the world would have prevented it.

You did say that we had reached the limit of the LPE kit. That we could go no further. You also said you pulled back a bit, for safety's sake.

Is this all correct so far?

But yet you still released the car to me knowing very well we, you included, were taking it racing? Not once saying you know, this is not a good idea.

You even told me to make another pass when I then say the breather smoking and decided against it.

Now, it is what it is. I broke my car. I'm ok with that. It's a car and will get fixed.

Here's what I'm upset about.

Saying that it's my fault bc I wanted to use nitrous is over the line.

What would you doctor say if you walked in and said I want xxx medicine. Then a week later you had a heart attack. Would he say, well that's what you wanted? NO. Being the expert he would have stopped you from taking those meds in the first place. Ted, to many of us, you are the expert. We go by what you say. We do what we are told to avoid suck heart attacks.

After the blow up in Indy I would have hoped that we, you and I, would be a little more saftey conscience. Yes, we were gambling with no nitrous protection but I thought if I needed it you would make it manditory.

We all make mistakes. No harm in that. The mature adult takes the time to acknowledge that, then move forward.

Please feel free to respond in any manner you wish. My mind, as are many others, is made up.

Closed Thread