Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #85
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Coming from you? That's rich man.

You are no better than the V6 haters.
How is that my brother Camaro owner?

I don't hate V8 owners. I even offer helpful replies to threads that are posted by V8 owners. Unfortunately, it seems their are some, particularly a few, who always try to put non V8 owners in their place.

For some reason, non V8 owners who love their cars and are enthusiatic about them are severely looked down upon around here.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #86
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
He is talking about the YouTube video I linked in the post above... I take it you didn't watch it.. get with the program!
Sorry, I'll try to do better next time.

Hey, where's Rockin'? Am I the only one left now?
Old 06-06-2019, 04:53 PM   #87
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Now, the SS is better looking? Man, I've heard it all now. lol!

The only difference on the '14-'15's is a slight tweak to the front facia on the lower grill and the foglight openings are bigger and more squared off, larger diameter wheels and a hood scoop.

I don't know if that qualifies as "better". Actually, to be honest, I like the non-hood scoop hood better and the wheels can always be changed out. However, I do really like the stock silver aluminum 18's that were standard beginning in '13MY.

Cost is always a factor. If it wasn't, I'd be driving a Bughatti Chiron.

Back in '15, when I decided to get a new car, I didn't want a 3-7 year old beat up SS with 80K+ miles on it. I wanted brand new and the V6 fit within my budget at the time.

At $18.9K, it was a no brainer. No 5th gen SS ever had that low of an entry level price. So, I don't how you bought a brand new 5th gen SS for a lower price than what paid for my brand new base 1LS V6.

If you spent only $18.9k or less for a brand new Camaro V8, you'd have to go back in time to the late '80's early '90's to get one for that price.

Did Doc Brown and Marty pay you a visit recently? (cue Huey Lewis and News "back in time" music please. lol!)

So your not very good at reading are you. I said between a NEW v6 vs mine......you keep on bringing up how the gen 6 v 6 is almost as fast as the gen 5 V8. So according to the way you buy cars mine is the better deal. Oh and yes the 13 looks better than the 14-15. In my opinion. I don't like how they made the front lights smaller and hate the til ights.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:58 PM   #88
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
The v6 camaro also has a tampon dispenser under the drivers seat.
as opposed to the V8,where the douchebag sits in the drivers seat.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #89
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
As usual a couple douche bags come onto a v6 thread and bash left and right.
And the mods let it happen.
Again.

I'll tell you i have not and will not spend a dime on any products advertised here on C5, period, until i see someone step up and get the short bus riders under control.

Sad that this place isn't for adult car guys. I surely hope the advertisers and sponsors are reading this.

2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #90
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper85 View Post
So your not very good at reading are you. I said between a NEW v6 vs mine......you keep on bringing up how the gen 6 v 6 is almost as fast as the gen 5 V8. So according to the way you buy cars mine is the better deal. Oh and yes the 13 looks better than the 14-15. In my opinion. I don't like how they made the front lights smaller and hate the til ights.
A brand new V6? I don't need to use a new V6 for the comparision. I can go way back to 2016 and the comparision would still be valid. The 6th gen LGX came out in '16.

Since we won't use the comparision of your car to the upcoming base LT-1 V8 model which would make you feel like killing yourself, we'll just use the old "2016" V6 as the comparision since that's what I used in my previous post.

Your '13 1SS had a MSRP of $32,635. The '16 Camaro 1LT V6 had a MSRP of $28,190. That $26,695 + $1,495 for the V6 engine model upgrade.

That's almost $5K less for a 3 model year newer car that's only 2-3 tenths of a second slower in the 1/4 according to the GM brochure. Now, if we use the brand new 2019 Camaro V6 as an example, the performance difference would be even less with the new 10A for '19, but the price difference, or course, would be smaller.

However, if we use the new base LT-1 V8 model that's coming out for the '20MY, it's going to be a slaughter fest. And, I think the MSRP for that model is going to be in the low 30's like your car was way back in '13.

For me, I like the update they for '14-'15. It made the car look more modern. And, the rear bumper and tailight changes made it look lower and wider. I just wish they molded the lower back bumper valence black instead of that stupid gray color that tends to fade into a milky gray/white color over time.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #91
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
Be glad you bought a v6 and don't have to deal with lifter failure. I wouldn't touch a v8 until GM gets their pencils out and redesign the mess they have created. The newest version is even worse and more complicated. Replacing the chain on your engine is not a tough job at all. Repairing failed lifters usually involves replacing the engine. These v8 guys on here shit their pants every time they drive their cars waiting to hear the noise of a failed lifter. Change your oil every 4-5k with Pennzoil platinum 5-30 and you'll be good for a long time. Another thing that goes without saying DON"T BEAT ON YOUR CAR WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
As usual a couple douche bags come onto a v6 thread and bash left and right.
And the mods let it happen.
Again.

I'll tell you i have not and will not spend a dime on any products advertised here on C5, period, until i see someone step up and get the short bus riders under control.

Sad that this place isn't for adult car guys. I surely hope the advertisers and sponsors are reading this.

It wasn't the V8 guys that started it, it was the top post...
Old 06-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #92
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
have to admit hes tough to ignore.but a tampon dispenser?seriously?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:54 PM   #93
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
He is talking about the YouTube video I linked in the post above... I take it you didn't watch it.. get with the program!
Nope.....not happening x2.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #94
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
It wasn't the V8 guys that started it, it was the top post...
He constantly gets flaming turds hurled at him on every post by the Real Housewives Of Camaro5.

And don't play stupid, you lose dignity every time.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #95
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
A brand new V6? I don't need to use a new V6 for the comparision. I can go way back to 2016 and the comparision would still be valid. The 6th gen LGX came out in '16.

Since we won't use the comparision of your car to the upcoming base LT-1 V8 model which would make you feel like killing yourself, we'll just use the old "2016" V6 as the comparision since that's what I used in my previous post.

Your '13 1SS had a MSRP of $32,635. The '16 Camaro 1LT V6 had a MSRP of $28,190. That $26,695 + $1,495 for the V6 engine model upgrade.

That's almost $5K less for a 3 model year newer car that's only 2-3 tenths of a second slower in the 1/4 according to the GM brochure. Now, if we use the brand new 2019 Camaro V6 as an example, the performance difference would be even less with the new 10A for '19, but the price difference, or course, would be smaller.

However, if we use the new base LT-1 V8 model that's coming out for the '20MY, it's going to be a slaughter fest. And, I think the MSRP for that model is going to be in the low 30's like your car was way back in '13.

For me, I like the update they for '14-'15. It made the car look more modern. And, the rear bumper and tailight changes made it look lower and wider. I just wish they molded the lower back bumper valence black instead of that stupid gray color that tends to fade into a milky gray/white color over time.
Once again you don't know what your talking about. I paid 34500 Canadian for mine with NPP, Hurst shifter, hood stripes......so n your way off. You should know what your talking about before you type.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #96
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
He constantly gets flaming turds hurled at him on every post by the Real Housewives Of Camaro5.

And don't play stupid, you lose dignity every time.
https://youtu.be/cC_hBI52aQ0 reminds me of this.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #97
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Whoa, that's crazy. We must have had the same salesman cause mine told me the exact same thing! Actually now that I think about it.... they all have said that. Wait a minute, you don't think they were just blowing smoke up our ass for the commission do you?
So, it's just smoke blown up my azz? My 2015 Camaro is a POS because it has the V6? Really? That's how you SS guy think? Seriously?

So, since I refused to pay more to get the V8 or some clunky beat up used SS V8, I should just sell my V6 and get a used Kia? Really?

Going back to the sales guy. I thinks he was genuine in his remarks. He wasn't saying it in a manner to get me to buy the car or even make me feel good about my purchase.

Quote:
Well according to Merriam Webster, this is the pure definition....

muscle car noun
\ -ˌkär \
Definition of muscle car
: any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving

I would love to hear your twisted reasoning on how a Challenger fits that description but a Camaro does not. Let me grab my popcorn....
Grab the popcorn and maybe a good soft drink too.

A muscle car is a 2 door intermediate sized passenger vehicle with the ability to have large displacement high performance engines optional in them. The Camaro nor Mustang is that kind of car by pure definition. They're pony cars or 2+2 sporty GT's. They're not muscle cars even though every V8 owner would like them to be because then they can ride on the muscle car status gravy train.

The term "muscle car" was not even invented back when muscle cars ruled the streets on Woodward Ave. They were called "super cars". Go look at some vintage road test articles if you don't believe me.

The term "muscle car" was coined in the early to mid '70's when the original muscle car era was already over. Nowadays, people like to use that term on any V8 powered car, even some 4 door sedans, which is kind of ridiculous IMO.

Then, you get the doofuses on autotrader calling their stupid fullsized V8 Caprices and Impalas muscle cars too. Nope, they're not muscle cars either.

The new Challenger can be considered a muscle car. Why? It is the only intermediate sized 2 door RWD coupe sold today with an emphasis on brute straightline acceleration in the higher performance models. That my friend is a true "modern day" muscle car.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:48 PM   #98
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper85 View Post
Once again you don't know what your talking about. I paid 34500 Canadian for mine with NPP, Hurst shifter, hood stripes......so your way off. You should know what your talking about before you type.
Who cares about what some guy up in Canada was able to get their car for. I was using MSRP which is valid metric to use when comparing prices of cars. You fail once again.