Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #85
PhoenixZL1
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
Why would you want a SLP ZL hood if your car isn't. To me it's like putting the ZL1 front end on your car????
You have no idea the love I have for SLP ZL cars. I love the way ZL hood looks. Personally I'd rather have no aftermarket hood at all than to not have a ZL style one there's nothing else like it. Think you can understand having a ZL car. If I had $60k to buy a ZL edition I most definitely would.
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #86
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Why would you want a SLP ZL hood if your car isn't. To me it's like putting the ZL1 front end on your car????
I fall into that boat. As you know I have an SLP ZL car and I put the ZL1 Front bumper on. I love the ZL1 front facia for several reasons... Our cars do not have brake ducts and its hard to find aftermarket solutions for them. Also, the amount of downforce is greater with the ZL1 facia. Then you have how aggressive it looks, huge plus in my book. Now, I admit, I did change up the styling to get it closer to the SLP look, by painting the bottom lip portion. This styling has actually taken off a bit here at the forum which is pretty cool.

I understand that there is a level of exclusivity to our cars, which will always remain as you know SLP is very strict on several items. If there are a few folks out there that buy the blem parts and have them fixed up and put on there car, I'm all good with it. It's a really nice compliment to us ZL owners. I do see where you are coming from on this and I use to feel the same, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

All is good in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Nothing wrong with either of that. His car, he paid the $40+ K to buy the car people can do what ever they please with it, cause its just that....their car. Doesnt matter if ist a honda, toyota covette camaro ect theres always going to be people putting newer parts on different cars.
Yes to each his own.... until you put a VTEC badge or GTR badge on the Camaro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
You have no idea the love I have for SLP ZL cars. I love the way ZL hood looks. Personally I'd rather have no aftermarket hood at all than to not have a ZL style one there's nothing else like it. Think you can understand having a ZL car. If I had $60k to buy a ZL edition I most definitely would.
The hood was one of the first items that drew me in as well. And a big shout out to SS4FUN, because I do believe it was Miss Thing that caught my attention and pulled me into the SLP ZL world. Come to think of it, im not sure if I should thank you for that? ;-)

We are all Camaro brothers and sisters here...
Old 03-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #87
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Think I understand........... I came from a Z28 and wanted a SS. Had a 2001 SS before purchasing a SLP ZL575. For me, it was the next level? Now, not to thrilled with SLP selling the ZL parts and GM producing the ZL1.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #88
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Here is a nice set of SLP ZL care. This was one mean pack of Camaros, combined horses over 2300HP. Two of the others are from C5 as well (SS4FUN and LWM).

Oh geez I looked at your sig and at first glance I thought the car on the right put you into chapter 11 bankruptcy. LOL my bad.
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #89
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
I fall into that boat. As you know I have an SLP ZL car and I put the ZL1 Front bumper on. I love the ZL1 front facia for several reasons... Our cars do not have brake ducts and its hard to find aftermarket solutions for them. Also, the amount of downforce is greater with the ZL1 facia. Then you have how aggressive it looks, huge plus in my book. Now, I admit, I did change up the styling to get it closer to the SLP look, by painting the bottom lip portion. This styling has actually taken off a bit here at the forum which is pretty cool.

I understand that there is a level of exclusivity to our cars, which will always remain as you know SLP is very strict on several items. If there are a few folks out there that buy the blem parts and have them fixed up and put on there car, I'm all good with it. It's a really nice compliment to us ZL owners. I do see where you are coming from on this and I use to feel the same, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

All is good in my book.

Yes to each his own.... until you put a VTEC badge or GTR badge on the Camaro!

The hood was one of the first items that drew me in as well. And a big shout out to SS4FUN, because I do believe it was Miss Thing that caught my attention and pulled me into the SLP ZL world. Come to think of it, im not sure if I should thank you for that? ;-)

We are all Camaro brothers and sisters here...
Sorry, about that!!! $$$$$
Old 03-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #90
Tribute

Quote:
Sorry, about that!!! $$$$$
No worries at all. Trust me, I know where you are coming from. I got nothin but love for my C5 Buddies!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #91
Tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
Oh geez I looked at your sig and at first glance I thought the car on the right put you into chapter 11 bankruptcy. LOL my bad.
Hilarious, that would have not been good.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #92
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
I gotta add another pic of Audrey's ZL. I really dig this pic taken by LittleMT..
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #93
PhoenixZL1
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
I gotta add another pic of Audrey's ZL. I really dig this pic taken by LittleMT..
All I can say is wow! I never thought Summit White w/ Huggar Orange would work out as well on these 5th gens but that car looks amazing.
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #94
93B4C

Drives: 2013 1SS Panther 1993 B4C
Quote:
Originally Posted by james347 View Post
2012 ZL 600
Loving the gray with orange stripes.
93B4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #95
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
Quote:
So SLP can't sell the ZL hood to public and consider it a sin BUT they can install it on this?! :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...item2c6cff0e5b

Well at least it's ZL edition related, or the least known.
I was on SLP's site yesterday checking out the ZL327 and I just couldn't wrap my head round it. $10,000 for CAI, wheels, and some stripes. I love the look but I can do it myself for 1/4 the price. I don't need no stinking badges!
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #96
Tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
I was on SLP's site yesterday checking out the ZL327 and I just couldn't wrap my head round it. $10,000 for CAI, wheels, and some stripes. I love the look but I can do it myself for 1/4 the price. I don't need no stinking badges!
I'm not sure which site you are going too, but their ZL327 package has 3 stages at around 3900,4700,5600 respectively.

But I do understand, there has to be something in it more so than badges.

Go to slpcars . com
Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #97
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
I can agree on the cost of the ZL327/ZL427/ZL454 packages being a little bit on the high side. However I think otherwise with the supercharged & numbered cars are well worth the money because they're limited run and have performance perks to match the price.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #98
2012ZL600

Drives: 2012 ZL600 Camaro
2012 ZL600

Here is mine
Attached Images

2012ZL600 is offline   Reply With Quote