Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #85
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Pretty dicked response if you ask me.

Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.

exactly, how ridiculous was that response. Nate i have no respect for you after that response.
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #86
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Hmmmm...Sounds like a Politician to me...He should work for our Government.....

I'm thinking Class Action Lawsuit naming Tremec and GM...I think thats the only way they will listen to us ALL............

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #87
TJS

Drives: 2008 C6Z06
I feel that his repsonse was right on track. We deal with the end problem all day long, and many people do not realize that a shifting issue with a transmission is 95% of the time a result of something other than the transmission.

i.e.

clutch Master cylinder
slave cylinder
pilot bearing
clutch release
bent clutch disk
driver error
shifter

There are so many things that have a direct impact on the way that the transmission shifts.

Tremec builds these transmissions in almost the exact same configuration for 6 other vehicles. So besides the 48,000 for the Camaro, there are proabably another 500,000 TR6060 transmissions out there since 2007. With almost no discerable 2nd gear issue in any of them.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #88
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Tremac nor GM care about this issue. They made their money, and from the looks of it although there is a fix, neither organizaiton has the decency or ethics to own up to the issues and provide a resolution.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #89
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
I feel that his repsonse was right on track. We deal with the end problem all day long, and many people do not realize that a shifting issue with a transmission is 95% of the time a result of something other than the transmission.

i.e.

clutch Master cylinder
slave cylinder
pilot bearing
clutch release
bent clutch disk
driver error
shifter

There are so many things that have a direct impact on the way that the transmission shifts.

Tremec builds these transmissions in almost the exact same configuration for 6 other vehicles. So besides the 48,000 for the Camaro, there are proabably another 500,000 TR6060 transmissions out there since 2007. With almost no discerable 2nd gear issue in any of them.
I hear what your saying but the Dodge and Ford are having the same issue's Coincidence? I don't think so....There is a cure for this problem...that has been established....Do GM and Tremec want to spend the money to fix it?......not on your life...not until someone makes them.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #90
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I hear what your saying but the Dodge and Ford are having the same issue's Coincidence? I don't think so....There is a cure for this problem...that has been established....Do GM and Tremec want to spend the money to fix it?......not on your life...not until someone makes them.

Exactly. I don't believe GM nor Tremac are not aware there is an issue with aggressive shifting, and a fix for the problem. In my opinion I think it's a cost savings issue more so than a technical issue.

Most people do not drive sports vehicles the way they should be driven therefore out of 500k tranmissions distributed perhaps 1% will have the issue, and out of those most will likely chalk it up as driver error.

For example; if it cost $5 or $6 x 500k to include better parts in the tranny that's quite a saving to use the crappier syncros, bearings which seems to be the way to fix the problem.

The bigger problem here is when those "few" people complain about the issues (regardless if it's the clutch, tranny, shifter, master / slave cylinder, et al) and the automaker and tranny vendor pretend there's nothing wrong instead of fixing it on a case by case basis.

I agree with you, this is not some one off related problem, there are many reports of this in relation to the TR-6060, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do some basic searches and find numerous complaints reported all over the internet in relation to this transmission, nor does it take a mastermind to see how the problem is being fixed.

So, regardless if it's the clutch, tranny, or any other parts it may be the "combination" used with this transmisson or the parts used inside the transmission, but GM should be ethical about the way they're handling the problem to keep their customers happy instead of pointing fingers at the consumers.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #91
kaylew78

Drives: 2011 rs/ss ls3
i talked to joey at tick performance and what he says makes sense. no matter how many aftermarket parts we put in the clutch/transmission the gm clutch master cylinder simply does not move enough fluid to disengage the clutch during high rpm speed shifts. search the forum and read the whole thread. give feedback please.
kaylew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #92
kaylew78

Drives: 2011 rs/ss ls3
The cause of the problem: the stock clutch master cylinder simply doesn't flow enough fluid to push the clutch slave cylinder far enough to fully disengage the clutch. This produces extreme heat inside the bellhousing, boiling the fluid inside the hydraulic system (thus introducing air) and causing a faded (or totally dead) clutch pedal. Other side effects include difficulty shifting at high RPMs, difficulty engaging 1st and Reverse while stopped, shortened clutch life and shortened transmission life. We've been seeing this exact issue for years in many applications.
kaylew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #93
TJS

Drives: 2008 C6Z06
Correct, and the faster you stab the pedal trying to performance shift, the faster you will wear the 2nd gear ring. You aren't allowing the clutch to fully disengage before you try and make the shift. The 1-2 shift takes the most beating because people are at low speeds and beat on their cars there more often. Also the 1-2 shift is the "fastest" shift as its strait back and can be manhandled quite easily.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #94
Badger

OK..soooo everyone take note....do not shift your SS if your tach is over 3000rpm....let the motor idle down a bit before making your shift...(and make sure to double clutch as this will help with your grind issue) ...shame on you guys for beating up on those poor little muscle cars ....what did you think you had a rock crusher in that transmission? Jeez what the heck do you guys expect from a muscle car anyway?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #95
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Shoot, mine does it at any rpm, and doesn't matter if I granny shift or not.

So I said eff it, shift fast and hard. Doesn't really matter!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #96
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Stuff like this makes me depressed.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #97
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
I'll let t&t fix mine, when I can afford it.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #98
RiCorvette

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Hmmmm...Sounds like a Politician to me...He should work for our Government.....

I'm thinking Class Action Lawsuit naming Tremec and GM...I think thats the only way they will listen to us ALL............
Don't forget Chrysler; Challengers (and others??) use the Tremec 6060
RiCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote