Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Would you buy one of these theoretical Camaros?
Absolutely! 23 30.67%
I would consider it. 37 49.33%
Definitely not. 15 20.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #85
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I would not consider either of those. But I think the turbo 4 has some potential. I'm not sure on the purpose of the turbo V6 though. Power of a V8 without the sound, with a little extra cost and fuel economy. I doubt it could get the economy you projected and it wouldn't result in 100 lbs less weight over the current V6. It would probably get maybe 25 mpg, and weigh 3700 lbs at best.

*edit* I wrote that a couple days ago and since then there have been 80 posts that I haven't read
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #86
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
Aww c'mon! It wouldn't be that much different than a Porsche 968...albeit a slightly tubby 968
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #87
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk31 View Post
I hope I don't get flamed for this, but think back to the mid 80's and the Buick GNX. A turbo 6 that still to this day smokes about 90% of the cars on the road. I definately think a turbo 6 could make it, but call me old fashioned... I still want my V8. But if it wasn't available and it was a turbo 6 or nothin, I'd be in line to buy one. If nothin else, but for the georgeous styling of the car.
yeah, they quit making that car because it was just TOO fast! Killed everything at the dragstrip. Remember the GMC Typhoons and the Chevy Cyclones too made just for a couple of years, early 90's I believe? Those turbo SUVs were stopped since they were too dangerous!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote