Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #85
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Sorry, ignorant about clutches, where is the throw out bearing? What part - in the clutch plate? The other thread is mentioning new throw out bearings could also be the issue.

I ask because my parts are in and when I mentioned the new throw out bearings, the service guy didn't exactly know. He thought it would be in the new clutch parts already. I'd prefer not to make this a comeback visit Tomorrow is install date.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #86
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Sorry, ignorant about clutches, where is the throw out bearing? What part - in the clutch plate? The other thread is mentioning new throw out bearings could also be the issue.

I ask because my parts are in and when I mentioned the new throw out bearings, the service guy didn't exactly know. He thought it would be in the new clutch parts already. I'd prefer not to make this a comeback visit Tomorrow is install date.
The throw out bearing is a separate part from the others, but may be included in a clutch kit. This photo is an aftermarket one, but you get the idea.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #87
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Ok, picked up the Beast this evening. Clutch feels very smooth - much easier to push than when I originally picked up the car. Engages fine. Now, I will break it in a bit before doing any aggressive take offs.

here's the parts list (Oh, they didn't even charge me for the Royal Purple tranny fluid! )

Qty Part Number Description
4 - 11569956 Bolt 0.669 0Y CP BK
2 - 11569956 Bolt 0.669 0Y CP BK
1 - 12557583 Bearing 0.649 0Y CP
6 - 12561465 Bolt 0.862 0Y CP BK
1 - 24255748 Plate 0.859 0Y C
1 - 12571611 Flywhee 0.666 0Y C
1 - DLRUP DLRUP
1 - 89021297 Adhesiv 8.800 0 CPO
2 - RP001320 RylPrpl

Recommend New Right Rear Intermediate Exhaust pipe or relocate it - It is too close to Drive Shaft - not safe ;(

We'll see...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 05-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #88
salcamss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Great info, thanks!!! I'm gonna print this list out and take it to my service manager.
salcamss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #89
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcamss View Post
Great info, thanks!!! I'm gonna print this list out and take it to my service manager.
Go for it! The last item is Royal Purple! My service guy said I'd have to pay for that since it's not GM's, and I had no issue with that. However, they put in 2 liters on their dime!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #90
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Hi guys. Proud owner of a new 2SS M6. Currently I'm at 450 miles. I Never liked the clutch from day one...way too inconsistent. Gave it a few weeks, only to see matters worsen. It seems the clutch starts to grab about 3-4 inches from the floor, then a few inches of "dead play", then about an inch from the top it just dumps the clutch. The only way to smoothly take off is to let it out slowly, and sort of hesitate at the very top. I'm no rookie to stick.(I have driven manual religiously for 15 years) Brought it to the dealer today, who said that the service manager and tech both agreed that there is nothing wrong with it. That's BS...and he even knew it. Do I resort to escalation procedures yet...or am I jumping the gun?
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #91
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Rage, maybe try another dealer and see what they say. I still don't have my case resolved but it seems like GM is starting to acknowledge that there is an issue. I'll let you know what happens with mine so you can pursue the same remedy...
Old 05-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #92
salcamss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
Hi guys. Proud owner of a new 2SS M6. Currently I'm at 450 miles. I Never liked the clutch from day one...way too inconsistent. Gave it a few weeks, only to see matters worsen. It seems the clutch starts to grab about 3-4 inches from the floor, then a few inches of "dead play", then about an inch from the top it just dumps the clutch. The only way to smoothly take off is to let it out slowly, and sort of hesitate at the very top. I'm no rookie to stick.(I have driven manual religiously for 15 years) Brought it to the dealer today, who said that the service manager and tech both agreed that there is nothing wrong with it. That's BS...and he even knew it. Do I resort to escalation procedures yet...or am I jumping the gun?
Mine feels the same way. I thought maybe it was just me. Sometimes it's real smooth, and other times it seems to just suddenly engage. I try to be very smooth with it, but the friction point is very vague. Your description was very accurate.
salcamss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #93
amm__x

Drives: 2011 camaro
Mine did this too
amm__x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #94
Rage

So..is the consensus to wait a little longer....or start escalating now?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #95
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Why wait...start complaining now!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #96
Rage

Thanks Michael...I figured so. I left a message for the General Manager of the dealer I bought from...lets see where that gets me!
Old 05-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #97
nascar14fan

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/CGMStripes/RS/6sp
Ok It looks as though GM has a problem with these clutches. I had 2700 miles on my 2SS and the clutch stuck 3 inches from the floor and had the garage stunck up all day. Took it to the dealer they put on a new flywheel pressure plate and all the little bolts and glue. Seemed to be fine and at 4900 miles it stuck again. Took it in today had the heater core noise fixed they looked at the slaive cylinder and it was not leaking. No bullitens on the clutch so basically nothing they are going to do right now. Well my master/clutch cylinder cap is leaking and there is a bulliten for that so that got ordered. When I wash the car I get way more brake dust coming from the back brakes than I do the front. Which they had no answer for. I tried telling him the cap caused the clutch to stick cause if its leaking out its sucking air and dirt in. Has anyone had there cap leaking? I think we have a problem with the same resevoir and the lines getting to hot next to the exhaust. I know its not driver error. Tried getting it to stick before I took it in today on the road to the dealer tried 3 hard takoffs and let the clutch out slower each time and nothing. Even revered her up to 3500-4000 rpms and let it fly. Those of you who just got a new clutch hate to be the bearer of bad news Sorry. I did not get the new part number though that they are using now maybe the only good thing for ya.
nascar14fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #98
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Well, since they replaced my break/clutch fluid cap, my clutch peda has not stuck at all.

However, I am getting jerky motions in lower gears 1st & 2nd, sometimes in 3rd, even after warmed up. Also my clutch doesn't engage now until the pedal is almost all the way to the top of the it's travel. This concerns me, as that when i first got the car, my clutch would start to engage as soon as I started to lift up the pedal. It just doesn't feel right at all. I am calling the dealer Monday. I want to the tech guy to drive mine and then drive one that is on the lot. Let them figure out the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar14fan View Post
Ok It looks as though GM has a problem with these clutches. I had 2700 miles on my 2SS and the clutch stuck 3 inches from the floor and had the garage stunck up all day. Took it to the dealer they put on a new flywheel pressure plate and all the little bolts and glue. Seemed to be fine and at 4900 miles it stuck again. Took it in today had the heater core noise fixed they looked at the slaive cylinder and it was not leaking. No bullitens on the clutch so basically nothing they are going to do right now. Well my master/clutch cylinder cap is leaking and there is a bulliten for that so that got ordered. When I wash the car I get way more brake dust coming from the back brakes than I do the front. Which they had no answer for. I tried telling him the cap caused the clutch to stick cause if its leaking out its sucking air and dirt in. Has anyone had there cap leaking? I think we have a problem with the same resevoir and the lines getting to hot next to the exhaust. I know its not driver error. Tried getting it to stick before I took it in today on the road to the dealer tried 3 hard takoffs and let the clutch out slower each time and nothing. Even revered her up to 3500-4000 rpms and let it fly. Those of you who just got a new clutch hate to be the bearer of bad news Sorry. I did not get the new part number though that they are using now maybe the only good thing for ya.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote