Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #85
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Thanks RHLMARINES, good information! I hope/doubt that the NM version will have a different top than the rest of us would despite the premium price tag.

The top in yoru pictures is gorgeous and if it's as good as it looks, it's a fine addition to the Camaro.

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #86
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
As cool as that would be

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I think that the camaro's soft top will operate similar to this below.....
As cool as that would be, spy photos have shown the top down and that crevice is there that you mention around the perimeter. If you zoom into this picture below, you will see the crevice is just part of whatever they did. It likely had something to do with blending the same quarter panel as the coupe Camaro. (It also looks like the top folds in the identical manner as a 2011 mustang GT). But it looks like that U-shaped metal piece is fixed with no hinge. And you can see the top sitting in a well. The hard boot cover looks to be something you pop in and out later on. But it still looks good regardless. this picture is likely the final release of the design.
Attached Images

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 10-28-2010 at 03:15 PM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #87
tpr676

Drives: none
vert thread

I'll try to help the cause, Glad to see chevy will produce a convertible I am really a Ford man looking at the the stang vert for 2011. I do however really like the Camaro it has a leg up on the Mustang, such as irs, auto with paddle shifter etc. So I will scoping out Camaro 5 and the vert thread in the future, like everyday, to see what's happening I'm sure when the vert hits they will be in demand and the dealers will cashing in, so I will see how it plays out for the 2011 my, maybe let the dust settle and look at a 2012?
tpr676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #88
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr676 View Post
I'll try to help the cause, Glad to see chevy will produce a convertible I am really a Ford man looking at the the stang vert for 2011. I do however really like the Camaro it has a leg up on the Mustang, such as irs, auto with paddle shifter etc. So I will scoping out Camaro 5 and the vert thread in the future, like everyday, to see what's happening I'm sure when the vert hits they will be in demand and the dealers will cashing in, so I will see how it plays out for the 2011 my, maybe let the dust settle and look at a 2012?

Welcome tpr676 to

I wouldn't worry to much a bought waiting tell 2012 you should be able to get a great deal on the verts mid to late year at a fairly good deal, the 2011 Coups were already sent out to the public early yr, so once the 11' verts get's out in Feb,2011. we should see the same trend, verts tend to sell better in spring, then fall hit's and dealers clearance the verts towards new models for the fallowing year.

I herd that As to convertible availability, GM will be able to build up to around 45% as convertibles as production ramps up.
So we should see quite a few verts & prices should be reasonable after the first few months.

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #89
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

OMG, No Convertibles at the SEMA show ?
+ :( =:upset:

Old 11-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #90
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
As cool as that would be, spy photos have shown the top down and that crevice is there that you mention around the perimeter. If you zoom into this picture below, you will see the crevice is just part of whatever they did. It likely had something to do with blending the same quarter panel as the coupe Camaro. (It also looks like the top folds in the identical manner as a 2011 mustang GT). But it looks like that U-shaped metal piece is fixed with no hinge. And you can see the top sitting in a well. The hard boot cover looks to be something you pop in and out later on. But it still looks good regardless. this picture is likely the final release of the design.
I still believe that the camaro 'vert will have a power operated tonneau cover. I think that photo of the IVER convertible does not have all the parts on it, plus the disciples who saw the 'vert @ milford said we will be pleasantly surprised with the 'vert and how it operates.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:07 AM   #91
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I think that the camaro's soft top will operate similar to this below seeing as how gm initially contracted a premium convertible company from europe to make the top for our camaro. I know that the company went bankrupt but the work would still have been done on the design and operations even if it's going to be produced by a different company for production. GM did say it was going to be a premium top in both looks and function.

Plus the hard tonneau cover with it's cut lines is a tip off to the type of top operation on the camaro from gm's official release photo.

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...images_001.jpg

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...images_002.jpg

Look at the cut line that outlines the hard tonneau cover especially on N.M. version photo.
Good point. I can't quite envision how it will work, but those cut lines are a sure indication that some kind of cover will be working in that area.
DaddySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:49 AM   #92
BOOGIE

Drives: Camaro Vert & Avalanche
I'll be at my dealer early on the 18th to get one on order
BOOGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #93
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGIE View Post
I'll be at my dealer early on the 18th to get one on order
14 days BOOGIE

Personally I'm waiting tho, to see.......

Old 11-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #94
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
To all 'vert fanatics... your dealers allocation numbers are finally in! Classic Chevrolet is HAPPY to announce that our Allocation is 57 now these 57 are for January thru June, so I'm not sure what the monthly break out will be yet!!
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #95
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
To all 'vert fanatics... your dealers allocation numbers are finally in! Classic Chevrolet is HAPPY to announce that our Allocation is 57 now these 57 are for January thru June, so I'm not sure what the monthly break out will be yet!!
So how are allocations broken down, by month or week? And when will dealers know?
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #96
BOOGIE

Drives: Camaro Vert & Avalanche
Man none if the dealers know jack around here!! Im dont know where im going to order one at the dealer that I have been buying from does not seem too want to help. He told me to come back in Jan! I bought a $45,000.00 Tahoe last year and a $38,000.00 Avalanche in 2007 and probably 8 or 9 trucks before that! Guess they dont need the business must be nice
BOOGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #97
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGIE View Post
Man none if the dealers know jack around here!! Im dont know where im going to order one at the dealer that I have been buying from does not seem too want to help. He told me to come back in Jan! I bought a $45,000.00 Tahoe last year and a $38,000.00 Avalanche in 2007 and probably 8 or 9 trucks before that! Guess they dont need the business must be nice
If they keep yanking yo chain SSEric, CamaroScotty or BeckyD can help !, their great people, they will go that extra mile .
I've found the same problem with my local dealers !,!, .

Old 11-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #98
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

[QUOTE=CamaroScotty;2515653]Proud to report first, that the SYNERGY series as shown at SEMA will be limited....

to 500 Convertibles, and 2000 Coupes. (not sure if that's PER COLOR, or....?)

ORDER UP!

Wow, this is good news !, theirs gotta be more to come.