Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #85
sandro

Drives: white 2010 camaro
Dash crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestar1217 View Post
Anyone else have a cracked dash? I just noticed when I cleaned up my car the other day that my dash has a hairline crack in it. Right above where I assume the passenger airbag is. I am not pleased.
Yes I found it yesterday I stopped at dealer this morning and they orderd me a dash.but they never said any one els had the Sam problem
sandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #86
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
my SS has same issue but dealer wont fix cuz ive got 62k miles. real pisser that a $40k car gets a cracked dash in 2 years. car is garage kept and in better shape than some cars ive seen with 20k miles. hope the Zl-1 doesnt crack the same
This thread bothers me. My car is garage kept (3 years old). So far no cracks. But previous generation Camaros were known for having cracked dashes. Back in the 90s I had a 94 Z28 Camaro and the dash got a huge crack in it at about the 60K mile mark.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #87
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandro View Post
Yes I found it yesterday I stopped at dealer this morning and they orderd me a dash.but they never said any one els had the Sam problem
I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. It is great that your dealership is addressing this issue for you. Please let us know how service goes after they replace it.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #88
sandro

Drives: white 2010 camaro
dashboard crack

yes i found it on tuesday the same crack toke it to dealer they are ordering me a new one. and i dont put anything on my dash
sandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #89
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Mine too

Well I found the same crack on mine today! Looked on here and seen all kinds of people on here with the same issue! I talked to my dealer today and told me, "mine is the first he's heard of". That's possible since he is in small town KS. But didn't mention checking it out with GM. I mentioned that it is a problem with others cars too, but didn't even cause him to flinch.... Problem is, he's a long time friend and I really don't want to push him about it, but shouldn't GM know about this and cover it? Regardless of the miles, it's not a wear item but an age item.... There is no way a dash should crack in two years. It's obviously a defect since its right at the air bag flap edge! What do you guys think I should do? Call GM myself? If so, how and where do I get that number? It's just so frustrating!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #90
esputnik

Drives: 2010 Rs and 1969 ss
dash cracked

Hi everyone, I'm new to this web site. I took over my wifes camaro after we bought a new car. I decided to keep the 2010 camaro since it matches my 1969 camaro. Anyway I noticed a crack in the dash last week. The only problem is that the car has 41,000 miles on it and out of warranty. That sucks that GM knows that there is problem and hasn't done a recall on the dash. Monday I will take the car to the dealer and hope that they will work with me since I own 7 different GM products. Has anyone had any luck with getting there dash fixed after the warranty ran out ?
esputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #91
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by esputnik View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to this web site. I took over my wifes camaro after we bought a new car. I decided to keep the 2010 camaro since it matches my 1969 camaro. Anyway I noticed a crack in the dash last week. The only problem is that the car has 41,000 miles on it and out of warranty. That sucks that GM knows that there is problem and hasn't done a recall on the dash. Monday I will take the car to the dealer and hope that they will work with me since I own 7 different GM products. Has anyone had any luck with getting there dash fixed after the warranty ran out ?
I am sorry to hear this! If you could please send me any details on this I will be more than happy to see if there are any options available to you. Please let me know how the dealership was able to help you in this case.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #92
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Same here, just bought my 2010 the other day and noticed this. I have two, one on each edge of the P/S airbag. I am going to the dealer tonight on a unrelated issue and I am going to bring this up. I also have a coolent issue to address with them while I am there. Great thread and I hope my dealership steps up. I have been dealing with them for 4 years with my other car so I would think this will go well.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #93
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Same here, just bought my 2010 the other day and noticed this. I have two, one on each edge of the P/S airbag. I am going to the dealer tonight on a unrelated issue and I am going to bring this up. I also have a coolent issue to address with them while I am there. Great thread and I hope my dealership steps up. I have been dealing with them for 4 years with my other car so I would think this will go well.
You are taking the correct steps in getting this issue addressed. Please let us know how service goes once your dealership takes a look at it.

Brandon
Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #94
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
The most unfortunate part is that they are replacing the dash with another one that will crack in another two years

Exactly why I'm not bothering to go in to get my bubbled dash leather replaced unless something more major goes out. The new one will just self destruct in 60 days, too.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #95
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Good news, they are replacing it! I will get a phone call once the dash comes in.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #96
DandDC09

Sent pics to my dealer a week ago.... Still waiting to see if anything is going to be done about it...... This is SOOOOOOOO frustrating!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #97
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
Sent pics to my dealer a week ago.... Still waiting to see if anything is going to be done about it...... This is SOOOOOOOO frustrating!!!!!!

I am sorry for the inconveniences and frustrations that you are experiencing with this issue. If you would like me to set up a case with GM customer service and contact your dealership please feel free to send me the details. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership. Also, how long have you been waiting?

Brandon
Old 07-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #98
DandDC09

Well, I have great news.... My dealership and good friend called and told me GM will be replacing my dash too and it's on order! GM is doing what they can to replace them, so report it, so it can be documented and please be patient with the dealers... Have them email their contact at GM customerservice if yours is cracked and I advise you or the dealership to include photos. They will get back to them and take care of the issue... And thanks to the customer service rep on here encouraging everyone to take it in or offering to help us!