Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #85
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
It's kinda cool, as long as you don't claim how fast it is! Lol
Sometimes, being the fastest just don't matter. Enjoying whatever you have, can be enough.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #86
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
When anyone asks me how fast my car is I always say, "Fast enough for me..."
Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #87
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Might be a good time to walk away
Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #88
Twonz360

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Owner, "I want a fast car."
Speed shop owner, " How fast?"
Owner, " How fast can you make it go?"
Speed shop owner, " How much money you got?"
True

Mods:

Performance
Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body, CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake, ARK N2 Catback Exhaust, Trifecta Tune, RX Ported Intake Manifold (Custom Paint Job), MACE 25mm Insulator, ARH Long Tube Hedders,
Misc.
Magnetic Oil Drain Plug, Royal Purple Oil, LED DRL's, Blacked Out Bow ties, Sound Deadening In Trunk, LED Interior & Trunk, AAC LED Side Markers
Coming Soon...
SS Rear Diffuser, JDP Motorsports RS Color Changing Halo Package, SS Front Bumper..... Cams.:slice: "I'm Killin' em"
Twonz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #89
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
When anyone asks me how fast my car is I always say, "Fast enough for me..."
I have my time slips in the glove box. lol

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #90
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
V6 vs V8...automatic vs manual...who cares?

i started with the LLT and I LOVED it! it was the highest HP car i had ever had even after a few V8 trucks. i didn't buy it for MPG's, i could care less. didn't buy it because of insurance...i've got great rates. the deciding factor for me at the time was the car payment and i was trying to make a "responsible" decision and still have fun...kinda like the best of both worlds. a fully loaded LLT vs a fully loaded 2SS just wasn't worth $10K to me. the V6 & V8 are both stunning vehicles, and once you start adding aftermarket parts, it only gets better.

i agree with 6jack...the LLT was WAY more interesting to work on and i miss it. it was new territory that hadn't been cracked open yet minus a handful of vendors and members on here (tracy, steve & jay, vince, gretchen) that were persistent. not just with the NA side of the house but also brought us FI with both SC and turbo options available.

since owning an SS now, its more a matter of deciding what part i want to throw on it...there is no testing or R&D going into it. its already been done, which makes it rather boring in comparison to the LLT. the only thing that will make this ride unique now is the combination of parts and me doing the work.

technology has come a long way nowadays squeezing more power and efficiency out of these motors than every before, be it a V6 or a V8...it really doesn't matter. i personally think the LLT is more advanced with more potential than the LS3. not in overall HP, but its potential of HP/L. the LS3 has been worked over and over to get it to where it is. not to mention its 6.2L...of course its going to make big power. the only people that care are the ones that feel "inadequate" in other areas..."who's is bigger?"...who cares? at the end of the day its still my car, my hobby, regardless of what anybody says.

i love the sound of 8 pistons screaming down the highway and the nice low rumble at idle. but i also loved the look on peoples faces when being asked "that car moves and it sounds great. is that a V8?" and simply answering with "thanks, it's a V6."

a true enthusiast has an appreciation for cars regardless of the badge its wearing...able to appreciate the qualities that both bring to the table without slandering the other.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #91
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
V6 vs V8...automatic vs manual...who cares?

i started with the LLT and I LOVED it! it was the highest HP car i had ever had even after a few V8 trucks. i didn't buy it for MPG's, i could care less. didn't buy it because of insurance...i've got great rates. the deciding factor for me at the time was the car payment and i was trying to make a "responsible" decision and still have fun...kinda like the best of both worlds. a fully loaded LLT vs a fully loaded 2SS just wasn't worth $10K to me. the V6 & V8 are both stunning vehicles, and once you start adding aftermarket parts, it only gets better.

i agree with 6jack...the LLT was WAY more interesting to work on and i miss it. it was new territory that hadn't been cracked open yet minus a handful of vendors and members on here (tracy, steve & jay, vince, gretchen) that were persistent. not just with the NA side of the house but also brought us FI with both SC and turbo options available.

since owning an SS now, its more a matter of deciding what part i want to throw on it...there is no testing or R&D going into it. its already been done, which makes it rather boring in comparison to the LLT. the only thing that will make this ride unique now is the combination of parts and me doing the work.

technology has come a long way nowadays squeezing more power and efficiency out of these motors than every before, be it a V6 or a V8...it really doesn't matter. i personally think the LLT is more advanced with more potential than the LS3. not in overall HP, but its potential of HP/L. the LS3 has been worked over and over to get it to where it is. not to mention its 6.2L...of course its going to make big power. the only people that care are the ones that feel "inadequate" in other areas..."who's is bigger?"...who cares? at the end of the day its still my car, my hobby, regardless of what anybody says.

i love the sound of 8 pistons screaming down the highway and the nice low rumble at idle. but i also loved the look on peoples faces when being asked "that car moves and it sounds great. is that a V8?" and simply answering with "thanks, it's a V6."

a true enthusiast has an appreciation for cars regardless of the badge its wearing...able to appreciate the qualities that both bring to the table without slandering the other.
One thing I disagree on...everyone knows that there is no replacement for displacement. As far as potential, you have to remember you're talking about a 3.6 liter vs a 6.2 liter. I doubt the V6 will make more hp per liter given identical mods. Although the V6 from the factory has the edge in hp per liters stock to stock...the V8 still has the edge in hp per lbs in weight. And that is more critical to performance than HP per liter. Not to mention the torque. HP sells cars, torque wins races. Smaller engines cannot produce the torque of bigger engines given identical engine configurations. And this is not bashing. I feel my statements are simply pointing out facts.

And not calling you out, but some of us are true power junkies. It's not a matter of anyone feeling inadequate. Some of us just want the most powerful engine available. I love the fact that I have a car with a 6.2 liter. I love telling people how much hp/tq it makes from the factory. I love telling people how fast it is. And I love that it is my DD. That's just me. Not bragging, I just love the feeling. In fact, I also love that the new Viper is the most powerful NA engine in mass production. And I love that the new Cobra has the most powerful engine in mass production in the whole world. So don't get mistaken...most of us just love big engines and big power!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #92
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
One thing I disagree on...everyone knows that there is no replacement for displacement. As far as potential, you have to remember you're talking about a 3.6 liter vs a 6.2 liter. I doubt the V6 will make more hp per liter given identical mods. Although the V6 from the factory has the edge in hp per liters stock to stock...the V8 still has the edge in hp per lbs in weight. And that is more critical to performance than HP per liter. Not to mention the torque. HP sells cars, torque wins races. Smaller engines cannot produce the torque of bigger engines given identical engine configurations. And this is not bashing. I feel my statements are simply pointing out facts.

And not calling you out, but some of us are true power junkies. It's not a matter of anyone feeling inadequate. Some of us just want the most powerful engine available. I love the fact that I have a car with a 6.2 liter. I love telling people how much hp/tq it makes from the factory. I love telling people how fast it is. And I love that it is my DD. That's just me. Not bragging, I just love the feeling. In fact, I also love that the new Viper is the most powerful NA engine in mass production. And I love that the new Cobra has the most powerful engine in mass production in the whole world. So don't get mistaken...most of us just love big engines and big power!!
i agree, there is no replacement for displacement. but in regards to the V6 platform vs other V6's i think the LLT is an excellent motor. i wasn't trying to make a direct comparison between the V6 and V8 HP/TQ wise...just what the V6 capable of as a 3.6L vs 6.2L's. its a capable motor for its size in comparison with a potential to unlock even more HP/TQ.

and yes, some people just love bigger motors. but the people i was referring to are those of the "you shoulda got a V8" crowd. the crowd that feels the V6 is inferior to their V8, it all comes down to the individual. and it sucks that some feel the need to go out of their way to criticize and judge others based on the motor in their car, as if their motor gives them some type of status. and THAT is the real issue in the "shoulda got a..." debate.

the replacement for displacement is called forced induction. but thats comparing apples to oranges and opens a whole other argument of SC vs turbo vs TT vs SC & turbo'd...but thats not point of the thread anyhow.

Last edited by hapisok; 09-14-2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: NA vs FI
hapisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #93
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
I have my time slips in the glove box. lol
I keep the videos on my phone! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #94
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Ya think? lol. All this crap should be behind us.

This guy stuck it out. lol
I almost forgot about this one..

Presented to me by Mr. Oppenheiser himself! I had seen him earlier in the day, looking over my car, along with some other GM folks... He asked me what I like most about my new Camaro.. and with out hesitation, I told him the LLT! I think he was a bit surprised... and then much to my surprise, I ended up with this cool award!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #95
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:

There is just so much wrong with this post I wouldn't know where to start.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #96
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
There is just so much wrong with this post I wouldn't know where to start.
Here we go...I'm all ears, speak your mind.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #97
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
i agree, there is no replacement for displacement. but in regards to the V6 platform vs other V6's i think the LLT is an excellent motor. i wasn't trying to make a direct comparison between the V6 and V8 HP/TQ wise...just what the V6 capable of as a 3.6L vs 6.2L's. its a capable motor for its size in comparison with a potential to unlock even more HP/TQ.

and yes, some people just love bigger motors. but the people i was referring to are those of the "you shoulda got a V8" crowd. the crowd that feels the V6 is inferior to their V8, it all comes down to the individual. and it sucks that some feel the need to go out of their way to criticize and judge others based on the motor in their car, as if their motor gives them some type of status. and THAT is the real issue in the "shoulda got a..." debate.
Yea, I was more than impressed when I saw what twin turbo V6 Camaros were putting down!! Even the V6 Mustangs are amazing. And I get what you're saying about those "shoulda got a V8" folks. A lot of them say it in a demeaning way. Sometimes total strangers will comment on my car and they'll just start bashing the V6 outta nowhere. So I kinda see what the V6 guys are going through. It's frustrating to say the least and I wouldn't like it either.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #98
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Here we go...I'm all ears, speak your mind.
Just take one example...torque wins races. If that was all there was to it them my truck (420 ft-lb) could keep up with a LS3 equipped SS Camaro. The overall point is these are just a bunch of generalizations and pat sayings that don't really mean anything. The number of cylinders just doesn't mean much anymore. If it did, we'd all be screaming for V16s. Displacement doesn't trump technology, or the SS would destroy the 5.0.

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 09-14-2012 at 08:14 AM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote